Page 371 of 544 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I liked that this issue highlighted why storm is powerful as she is. Yes she has limitless elemental power and can literally ignite suns and shit. But her true power comes from her experience. I think that is what ewing wanted us to get from this.
    I feel like he used the Vulcan battle to hammer that home as well, although the execution wasn't as elegant as was done here.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    And this is just the beginning. An Storm who knows magic and is at her peak is coming.
    Gimme mutant sorceress supreme Storm nao!

Last edited by Daedra; 04-12-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

So let me explain what she did to the emma diamond voltron and others. She ripped electrons from the diamond robot, breaking down all the covalent bonds essentially promising the robot and then from those carbon atoms she used a combination of the strong and weak force both together known as the nuclear force to ignite the atoms to create a red sun. She died because whilst doing all this she dodnt remember to block the radiation from her... hence why it stated it bathed her with death.

It essentially means she can turn anything she wants to a sun if she wanted. A devastating power indeed. And likely a call back to multiple things most recently the power of light sun.
    And in the back of everyone's mind, we're still suppose to take Orchis seriously.

I liked that this issue highlighted why storm is powerful as she is. Yes she has limitless elemental power and can literally ignite suns and shit. But her true power comes from her experience. I think that is what ewing wanted us to get from this.
    The man has literally be letting us know this since issue 1.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    And in the back of everyone's mind, we're still suppose to take Orchis seriously.

The man has literally be letting us know this since issue 1.

I love that Ororo can either condemn you to a frosty everlasting prison or annihilate your atoms in a nuclear inferno, this is how Omega level weather manipulation should feel like!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Gimme mutant sorcerer supreme Storm nao!

I don't know what new settings Ewing will add, but I hope he can explain why Oshtur has a special connection with Ororo. I am so obsessed with this mystery!
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 04-12-2023 at 02:55 PM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Ewing is a mastermind.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

so everytime Storm gonna need to do something other than wind and lightning or something with a little more effort than usual is she going to need help or someone gonna amp her? I think in the last issue it made sense since it was Storm on hers 136 years old doing a solar system level feat but here imo is a bit unnecessary.

Now I'm disappointed that apparently no one from Storm System has a chance to reach dominion, seeing the other champs from others books it's safe to say that this timeline is doomed, all of Storm's efforts have gone to waste.
    First issue 7/10, Sencond 10/10, this one 6/10.

I really liked Storm and the Brotherhood of Mutants #3
    People are saying that Khora upgrade Storm, but what she did was just transmit Ororo how to use her abilities, since both exchanged energy in the past, Khora manipulates power and somehow manages to store decoded memories of how to use mutant abilities from other mutants to which it has already exchanged energy.
    so the question was raised: "(fire cosmic hold faint traces of a soul thought lost?)"

So let me explain what she did to the emma diamond voltron and others. She ripped electrons from the diamond robot, breaking down all the covalent bonds essentially promising the robot and then from those carbon atoms she used a combination of the strong and weak force both together known as the nuclear force to ignite the atoms to create a red sun. She died because whilst doing all this she dodnt remember to block the radiation from her... hence why it stated it bathed her with death.

It essentially means she can turn anything she wants to a sun if she wanted. A devastating power indeed. And likely a call back to multiple things most recently the power of light sun.
    That's so bad a*ss... Ewing is a continuity nut for sure. The Galactic Core feat were Storm briefly became a Star, to the powers of light were she instinctually generated a star and now she used electrons from Emma's toy to perform nuclear fusion and create a red sun. Thank you Taurean for being smarter than you have any right to be because I didn't realize the complexity and caliber of the feat.

I understand that Khora is not a character who gets a lot of screen time, but she can do a lot of things besides boost.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

I understand that Khora is not a character who gets a lot of screen time, but she can do a lot of things besides boost.
    hard to answer. i remember khora being introduced as an omega level mutant but if you look around at any info on her and wikis and stuff it seems to be erasing that. now i could go back through the issues and really refresh myself which i will at some point but i think that would have been more in Sword. The random things i notice. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    hard to answer. i remember khora being introduced as an omega level mutant but if you look around at any info on her and wikis and stuff it seems to be erasing that. now i could go back through the issues and really refresh myself which i will at some point but i think that would have been more in Sword. The random things i notice. lol
    Yeah, I hope she plays a bigger role in the second red arc.

Yeah, I hope she plays a bigger role in the second red arc.
    ME too i love khora. And ewing keeps reminding the reader she is omega like in this issue i really felt she gave it all because if you both have no limit like this storm Avatar was and your powers are to increase, well at some point you reach your limit on powers beyond powers because once Storm reached ultimate omeganess with her power Khora could no longer assist her and in that shift to magic it was swallowed because she was beyond beyond. Ewing does the work. That's why if you notice though the fire was near Storm, enhancing her mutation when she took over and cast the spelll the lightning from her eyes had pushed back or absorbed all of Khora's fire because she was beyond limits and to burn out an omega twice is truly a feat on how much power Storm contains. So i hope khora has a bigger role too, none of her powers would have been appreciated in Arrako and even in the end she asked the avatar of storm for permission to boost her as though it would be a disgrace so i am really hoping Storm can show her her powers maker her kind and beautiful and important and it's okay to explore them.

One success this event or AOA in general has had over any other i think is having us the readers looking forward to returning to the present. That in itself feels like a feat for some reason. We aren't ready as a collective for this era to end. We want more growth but that growth to be the new era, let's end hickman stories and grow x-men with stories that aren't hickman, krakoa and arrako aren't, he sprinkled something that turned into accidentally magic and should be lauded for it as long as he upholds it so lets end these stories and let Ewing/ Gillien and whoever else on the team really go balls in this era. I feel like they want to but them gatekeepers got so much power. i mean, LET'S GO!

and you can tell i love her character because i will keep looking like a fool spelling her name a hundred different ways it makes sense in my mind, like franklyn. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2023 at 04:59 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Khora didn't amplify the Storm's power, she was dead. What Khora did was transmit to Ororo how to use her abilities through her cosmic flame, since she and Ororo have already exchanged energy in the past, kind of like the Rogue does when she absorbs powers.

I'm still in awe of Storm's feat, Ewing showed us just how powerful her ability is if applied right at the subatomic level. Ororo caused a nuclear fission that generated a chain reaction directly ripping subatomic particles of electrons from the covalent bonds that connect atoms, generating an atomic explosion that not only disintegrated the sentry Emma, ​​but also released a high amount of radiation around her.
    This capacity of hers is great in every way, because in the power of Light we saw that she is capable of making a nuclear fusion, a clean and abundant source of energy that is the same responsible for feeding the stars of the Cosmos, the powerful reaction that pulse in the heart of the stars.