Page 457 of 544 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 8147
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah, i'm enjoying the storm solo. One thing i realized it's real easy to break storm life off into three sections for just about any media and it works. 5-12 she is theif and orphan 12-19 serengeti walk, mutant powers, becoming a goddess, 19-26 joining the xmen till now. I mean breaking each part down into 7 years it's amazing how much history she has to fit in there. though i'm sure most can be adjusted but i mean if your working without specific dates but just periods of time we know the character has.

26-33 would be genesis war and what comes next.
    I knew you would enjoy it as well as I am. :-) Yes, breaking Storm's life down is actually easy. Majority of the time Storm tells us how old she is whenever she goes down memory lane. But, overall I really enjoying the Mini it has it's flaws, but it's good.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    No, not really. Speak for yourself.
    I see.

Well everyone has their own standards.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't hate the current mini but it does leave a lot to be desired. Mystique luring Kitty to her side was pretty cringe to me. I agree that it certainly isn't as engaging when compared to what Ewing is giving us.
    I honestly don't know what the point is of retreading this brief chapter in her history. The major issues of this time-frame have all been squarely resolved by Claremont.

She regained full and proper control over her powers...only to lose them shorty after. And more importantly, she fully accepted that she was not the Serene Goddess she always held herself to be.
    Kitty's emotional meltdown was sorted.
    Rogue earned and gained her trust and respect.

If this is just about her new love interest and villain then you really only needed a double-sized issue to adequately tell that story. As Claremont did with Lifedeath 1
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-04-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree. This series didn't really need to exist, and nothing in the two issues has been that interesting. Maybe something better will come eventually, but Editorial shouldn't have wasted Storm's name on this.... at least so far. I mean, at least showcase a great up and coming artist if the story was going to be so bland.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. This series didn't really need to exist, and nothing in the two issues has been that interesting. Maybe something better will come eventually, but Editorial shouldn't have wasted Storm's name on this.... at least so far. I mean, at least showcase a great up and coming artist if the story was going to be so bland.
    I agree with you on this. I had high hopes for this series but it's really been meh so far.

the series is not perfect, but it showed something very cool that will be explored to make Ororo a mutant with the potential of Gaia. She can sense microscopic life forms.

She's not stating a new feat. It's been long-established that via her powers Ororo can sense all of organic life on the planet and how and when living organisms are affected by external factors.

(Like when she acknowledged she didn't sense the dying tree...at the beginning of UXM 175)

UXM 170 01.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-05-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I honestly don't know what the point is of retreading this brief chapter in her history. The major issues of this time-frame have all been squarely resolved by Claremont.

She regained full and proper control over her powers...only to lose them shorty after. And more importantly, she fully accepted that she was not the Serene Goddess she always held herself to be.
    Kitty's emotional meltdown was sorted.
    Rogue earned and gained her trust and respect.

If this is just about her new love interest and villain then you really only needed a double-sized issue to adequately tell that story. As Claremont did with Lifedeath 1
    I agree. Retreading this era feels pointless at the moment. I feel like this mini would be less pointless if it tied to the current story and someone brings it back up (for instance Travis has ties to Orchis) but I'm not even sure.

Storm by victorfarro
    FB_IMG_1688737067888.jpg
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Storm by victorfarro
    FB_IMG_1688737067888.jpg
    Nice find!

I really hope that Ewing can keep delivering with Storm. Do we know how long his run is suppose to last?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find!

I really hope that Ewing can keep delivering with Storm. Do we know how long his run is suppose to last?
    Yeah hopefully we get more art

Idk... his playlist ends at 27 so I guess at least 27 issues. Either way this has been better than most eras for storm. Hopefully he loves her in an even more elevated place when he is done.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I can't recall if this one was posted already so apologies if so.

X-Men Red 14 variant by Mirka Andolfo.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Nice! I love this cover. I still want a spiked heel on those boots but the cloudy hair blending with the lightning looks awesome.

Going by the spoilers Storm had a good moment in IXM today.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by the spoilers Storm had a good moment in IXM today.
    Yeah she knows how to shut the noise down. I’ll have some scans up on the spoiler thread.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!