Page 379 of 544 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 8147

And since i'm now all in my Ewing, Storm love i have to bring up how i love how he brought Ororo to the front. Who she was, how characters, at a time frame in this were using mutant names that were suppose to "replace" their human names and let us know the woman behind the mutant. On arrako she was never seen as Storm she was seen as Ororo of the storm or born of the storm, as much as Arrako wanted Storm to see it, Arrako, like with Magneto truly came to see ororo of the storm and she had a place. I loved that backdrop. This "war" like people. This group i remember posters calling savages and stuff and now rightfully so(not the savages part) i admit would overall be used as fodder became far more than that under Ewing pen. At the start of her appearance in Sword she was the titles other made for her, she was she who swam with acanti, or weather witch, hadari yao, she was what she came to know her self to be, omega level, powers beyond powers and she called on the names she wanted to her line, her ancestry and ended it in her OWN name. WHOO! This is THE storm for me. Everything took everything claremont laid down and i feel like it all finally fits. Here she is herself a goddess in her own name, in her own right, in her own power and Genesis think she coming for that. "let's go!" Ororo of the Storm is awake.

And just the cast she now has at her disposal. The relationships she's forge. Roberto, Erik (R.I.P.) Nova (like nova! most i've ever been into the corps) Ironfire, Fisher King, Khora, Cable, Manifold, Galatic Empire. Just a wealth of connections for a character to explore and to be explored themselves in such a setting where the levels are so consistently high and as Craig of Nasa showed powers don't mean much when your caught in a moment when you just know you got to do the right thing. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about omega level and that made him a hero but then you DO need the storm's that can deal with the vulcan's etc when the craig's are already fighting the insurmountable odds on the instinct to preserve as welll. Now i'm ready for date night.

I guess there is a bit of Meta here, too.We've had old man logan, old lady black widow and so on and here Storm in year 1, year 10, year 100, and year 1000 a fraction of her stood by her conviction to preserve life. She took many, she did what was necessary but there was always a balance. Future writers can't say they don't know who Storm is, future editors can't say they don't understand her power or what she is capable of because Ewing had her tell us on the page over and over.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-18-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Amen! Can I get a Hallelujah?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Will Storm ever face Doctor Doom again? Didn't she tell him that next time they met she'd kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Will Storm ever face Doctor Doom again? Didn't she tell him that next time they met she'd kill him?
    Storm hasn't threatened Doom in awhile. I believe the last time she did was during Doomwar, or maybe the WorldTour arc of Black Panther after they got married.

The last time Storm met Doom was during SWORD. It was a diplomatic dinner where she dismissed his offer of "help" of dealing with the complications that would come from mining mysterium. Certain posters lost their MINDS over it and infamously wanted Storm to "humble" herself before him. It was pathetic, and also with many others apparently unable to cope with Storm never losing, the last thing we need is another confrontation between the two that will set the forums on fire again.
    Last edited by Saturius; 04-19-2023 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post

The first time They Met After the Rouge Storm issue, Ororo told Doom that the Next Move, Whether Good or Ill was his to make and would map out their entire relationship

and when I really think about it S.W.O.R.D is probably one of the first comics, I've seen where they meet that wasn't because of Doom's and T'Challa's Longstanding Quarell I do think She and Doom will be meeting more often given her opening a new door which is Magic

"Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm hasn't threatened Doom in awhile. I believe the last time she did was during Doomwar, or maybe the WorldTour arc of Black Panther after they got married.

The last time Storm met Doom was during SWORD. It was a diplomatic dinner where she dismissed his offer of "help" of dealing with the complications that would come from mining mysterium. Certain posters lost their MINDS over it and infamously wanted Storm to "humble" herself before him. It was pathetic, and also with many others apparently unable to cope with Storm never losing, the last thing we need is another confrontation between the two that will set the forums on fire again.
    Man that was a wild time lol It's always funny to see the reactions of people getting upset when Storm is written competently.

Like what kind of competent superhero WOULD willingly trust Doctor DOOM at face value? Duplicitous is that man's middle name. You damn right she said "Naw, I think we good over here." And considering their history with each other that was her being humble.

Storm must be ditching the Hellfire Gala again for the second time in a row.

I see no X-Men Red Variant cover so she's probably on that.
    Last edited by Jalysia; 04-19-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Not necessarily. There are a couple of covers that haven't been released, possibly because who's on them could be a spoiler.

Notably, the X-Men Red variant cover (that we know is coming, because Jamie McKelvie has been listed as the artist for it) wasn't dropped in that batch. If any of them were going to have Storm on it, it'd be that one, so until its released I'm not ruling her out as an attendee.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Not necessarily. There are a couple of covers that haven't been released, possibly because who's on them could be a spoiler.

Notably, the X-Men Red variant cover (that we know is coming, because Jamie McKelvie has been listed as the artist for it) wasn't dropped in that batch. If any of them were going to have Storm on it, it'd be that one, so until its released I'm not ruling her out as an attendee.
    He better turn it OUT! Like almost every look has beaten their previous look. I know it will be difficult but they have to make up for last year and top storm's last Lewk. He did the new avengers and the wicked and Divine I actually am worried since I dont really feel his art. But we shall see. Also I hope genesis attends. That will he something indeed.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 04-19-2023 at 01:24 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I want her variant cover to be of her and Craig as her plus one.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

it would be understandable if Storm didn't participate this year after all they would need a long time to make a better design than the bang that she got on the first HG lol.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

I see no X-Men Red Variant cover so she's probably on that.
    Dauterman is doing a HG variant for the Ann Nocenti Storm series (#3) so she is getting a design for the event!

That was revealed to be Jean Grey's HFG look.

Whatever amazing look they'll give I just hope she keeps the oversized Lighting ear cuffs and the Cloud-like Hair
    "Goddess be Praised"

This seems to have happened many times, why Storm and Jean always swap variant covers?I don't think it's bad, it just seems a little unnecessary.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.