Page 166 of 544 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 8147
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Whatever you say fam... all this nonstop war is making me miss that wretched mansion. Like you introduce a people and have not let them know peace since.
    The irony is the people never knew peace in the first place. Let's not dream of the silliness of that mansion. Every new land faces war a lot. Asgard, Latveria, Atlantis... all face hardship. When was the last time wakanda was stable?

Well, comics need an infinite crisis to keep going. There will be no lasting happiness for any of the characters. Nothing but eternal pain and suffering.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Well, comics need an infinite crisis to keep going. There will be no lasting happiness for any of the characters. Nothing but eternal pain and suffering.
    I don't read comics for that unless it's a character I can't stand. I read comics for the sustained hope they provide. I am watching characters I love overcome hardship. That's inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I don't read comics for that unless it's a character I can't stand. I read comics for the sustained hope they provide. I am watching characters I love overcome hardship. That's inspiring.
    I think that's the core of comics, where the hero overcomes the odds and defeats the villain, and then the villain finds a new way to torment the hero, and the hero overcomes it again, and so on.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Whoo it's sad i had to take a finally romp in the storm thread to bask in negativity i won't miss. Here is to a great month for Storm i look forward to getting my copies in the mail. May the bright lady and life bring you hope and joy.
    Yay, it's supposed to be a happy year. We got the full Wolverine treatment. Even better than he is now.

The irony is the people never knew peace in the first place. Let's not dream of the silliness of that mansion. Every new land faces war a lot. Asgard, Latveria, Atlantis... all face hardship. When was the last time wakanda was stable?
    Yeah its silly and its negative, but you just introduced the arakki and they have not had one single momment of peace. at least give them one month where nothing is happening like damn. The school is wretched that is true but me missing it is kinda a nostalgic thing where at least the had domestic lives, like when was the last time we saw storm kickback and just live for one sec. We only saw a cameo of her bedroom. Like can we have one panel of her just sleeping or kicking back sleeping? The only time I recal storm relaxing truly was when she fainted in giant size jean and emma mini and was dying. Even in the voices issue she was working whilst sleeping as a little girl was in pain in the world. And now genesis is coming for her edges.

As Rihanna will say; Work work work work work work.

I do look towards to Genesis and war though also daddy A. But like let storm relax small before they come.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 01-30-2023 at 11:11 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Whoo it's sad i had to take a finally romp in the storm thread to bask in negativity i won't miss. Here is to a great month for Storm i look forward to getting my copies in the mail. May the bright lady and life bring you hope and joy.
    Idk knowing that pale nazi survives sos and comes back even stronger really put me in my feels. I hate the MF sooo much I went into a quick depression.

Oops sorry positive police.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Mighty Member

Yeah its silly and its negative, but you just introduced the arakki and they have not had one single momment of peace. at least give them one month where nothing is happening like damn. The school is wretched that is true but me missing it is kinda a nostalgic thing where at least the had domestic lives, like when was the last time we saw storm kickback and just live for one sec. We only saw a cameo of her bedroom. Like can we have one panel of her just sleeping or kicking back sleeping? The only time I recal storm relaxing truly was when she fainted in giant size jean and emma mini and was dying. Even in the voices issue she was working whilst sleeping as a little girl was in pain in the world. And now genesis is coming for her edges.

As Rihanna will say; Work work work work work work.

I do look towards to Genesis and war though also daddy A. But like let storm relax small before they come.
    She was just playing baseball in xterminators. We have seen quite a few moments of peace on Arrako from the constant fishing to a bunch leaving because they were bored and missed the constant conflict. I get folks want different things.

Yall I went digging in the pits and saw this random excerpt from a magazine.

Attachment 129034

Focus on the very bottom on what Ann Noccenti says about storm.

Maybe the feats in the upcoming solo might give Idk.
    This is a quite interesting piece of information/insight, I really enjoyed reading it, thank you so much for sharing your finding Taurean Sun!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ok a thought just occurred to me... how did Lactuca put her mind into Storm's, is she a telepath as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Ok a thought just occurred to me... how did Lactuca put her mind into Storm's, is she a telepath as well?
    Good observation …Did Lactuca ever spoke on panel?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Good observation …Did Lactuca ever spoke on panel?
    hope this helps. How did she do it.? The nature of her powers means she's connected to everything.

hope this helps. How did she do it.? The nature of her powers means she's connected to everything.
    Thank you, that’s very helpful…Maybe Lactuca by remote viewing a faraway place is actually displacing her own consciousness or to put in better terms Lactuca is capable of astral projection. There could also be a modicum of “cosmic consciousness “ allowing Lactuca to touch/contact a living being when concentrating on him/her/them……..I do remember a panel mentioning how Lactuca knows the position of everything at every moment.

Last edited by Daedra; 01-31-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Other than looking like a mutanr child of Eternity and having the power to locate whatever. We have no idea what she can fully do. Which i find intriguin..

Giving her powers I would assume its impossible for a telepath to manipulate her.

What should really make you wonder, Magneto seem to think she could help defend the broken land.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-31-2023 at 07:31 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Other than looking like a mutanr child of Eternity and having the power to locate whatever. We have no idea what she can fully do. Which i find intriguin..

Giving her powers I would assume its impossible for a telepath to manipulate her.

What should really make you wonder, Magneto seem to think she could help defend the broken land.
    Interesting. I assume she had the power of location and knowledge of all things and would assume she can teleport or summon/Banish things/people/location/Maybe Time. ( I'm just spit balling here)