Page 178 of 544 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    See I'm thinking that we're never really going to move past Storm/Artists using lightning as the visual medium. For once not because of laziness but just because that's what her mind is most accustomed to. Like Bobby pointed out a few pages ago, there really is no end and beginning to where her mutant and magic powers start and stop.

They are just that intertwined and that fog instance really put that on display because Storm really thought that the barrier was just run of the mill fog and got rid of it as such.

She's channeling the power of her ancestor to fuel a containment spell, what's better (in her mind) than lightning to act as such a power source?

Maybe in time when/if she starts proper mystical training then we'll see different effects, but for the time being I think her going off instinct, all we're getting is lighting.

Even when she went God-Mode in Wakanda, what did we get but purple lightning to banish Adversary.
    You do make sense, my line of reasoning was mostly related to the “genericness” of the mysticism employed, I would have loved the magic to feel more personal, one woman is the avatar for chaos magic and the other is basically a goddess of order and sky in the making but they both went about it in the same identical way….would swahili symbology be appropriate if associated with Ororo mystical abilities? Would it be cooler if she were to use some rarely seen symbology of kenyan origin? Just questions I’m asking myself because I happen to be very ignorant on The matter….. and I’m not saying Ororo can’t use classic occultism aquired by way of study( just like everybody else) but I was looking for something manifested instinctively of ancestral nature.

https://willis-reflectivejournal.tum...-to-understand

Last edited by Daedra; 02-02-2023 at 02:44 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The Adinkra symbols are specific to the people in and around Ghana in the west of Africa, and date back only to the early 19th century. We would need symbology dating to ancient Kemet or even much earlier to represent Ororo's maternal line.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I ain't mad that Storm's magic takes the form of the elements... she is a sky Goddess after all, it's her signature. Also would a Goddess need to do spells and such because Storm just does incredibly difficult stuff based on intuition such as creating a freaking mini sun on the spot and banishing Adversary.
    Last edited by The Regent; 02-02-2023 at 02:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Adinkra symbols are specific to the people in and around Ghana in the west of Africa, and date back only to the early 19th century. We would need symbology dating to ancient Kemet or even much earlier to represent Ororo's maternal line.
    It has to be made up, it dates back millions of years at this point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I ain't mad that Storm's magic takes the form of the elements... she is a sky Goddess after all, it's her signature. Also would a Goddess need to do spells and such because Storm just does stuff based on intuition.
    Goddesses and gods do spells, look at Hecate and Thoth or Oya and clairvoyance or for that matter Oshtur herself.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 02-02-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Goddesses and gods do spells, look at Hecate and Thoth or Oya and clairvoyance.
    Oh ok never heard of any of them very interesting. Honestly I'd rather Storm be able to do things like break the crimson bands, hurt the gods/cosmics and be resistant to magical attacks than be casting spells... unless the situation calls for it of course.

I ain't mad that Storm's magic takes the form of the elements... she is a sky Goddess after all, it's her signature. Also would a Goddess need to do spells and such because Storm just does incredibly difficult stuff based on intuition such as creating a freaking mini sun on the spot and banishing Adversary.
    You know it’s funny that you ask this question because Wanda as well isn’t a typical spellcaster, her magic was never the result of countless hours spent on ancient tomes and preconfigured rituals, Wanda & Ororo genes turn these otherworldly powers into something they are more than something they do.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Oh ok never heard of any of them very interesting. Honestly I'd rather Storm be able to do things like break the crimson bands, hurt the gods/cosmics and be resistant to magical attacks than be casting spells... unless the situation calls for it of course.
    I want Storm to do both I want her to infuse magic into her mutant powers creating healing spells or wind teleportation. The magic that Maat aka Oshtur does should be her actual birthright. You have heard of Oshtur, one of the Vishanti

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You know it’s funny that you ask this question because Wanda as well isn’t a typical spellcaster, her magic was never the result of countless hours spent on ancient tomes and preconfigured rituals, Wanda & Ororo genes turn these otherworldly powers into something they are more than something they do.
    Yes exactly, and even the mystical fog she didn't even know what she was doing home girl just did it lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Actually Wanda spent years studying under Agatha but you are right that she isn't a typical magic user like Orono.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Actually Wanda spent years studying under Agatha but you are right that she isn't a typical magic user like Orono.
    I meant to say that she already had her powers, she was already part of the avengers, magic was within her thanks to Chthon and the High Evolutionary ….people like Stephen Strange on the other hand came into power only after they dedicated themselves to the study of the mystic arts

The preview looks delicious. Goddess, in less than two years, the skeletons on Arakko will be higher than Mount Everest.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Wait a minute... there are 4 Ora's!? and are they going against Ororo?

Wait a minute... there are 4 Ora's!? and are they going against Ororo?
    Sinister's Chimera clone.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Sinister's Chimera clone.
    But how? I thought resurrection wasn't the Arakki way, how did Sinister get her...