Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2740
  1. #2731
    Mighty Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    The funny thing is that when jlaw revealed that she no longer wanted to play Mystique, they killed her immediately. I could really complain all day about how bad foxmen are, and not just because of the Storm. But now that Disney has acquired FOX, I do hope they can at least do better than FOX. (But seeing how the MCU has made the Avengers all about Ironman, I'm ready to see Wolverine everywhere again)
    That's the thing though, ironman being the main charachter is simply because he started the whole thing. If his movie flopped the Mcu as we know it would never had happened. And as to the avengers yes it's the ironman show but thor, captain america and wanda were given their due. Hawkeye and black widow were all given their shot not as well but still they were given a shot. Each had a trilogy to let us know who thy really are. Same for most of the members and other charachters. Even dr strange is now a household name before 2016 had you ask the random individual who he is they will look at you funny. Wanda controversial casting aside due to getting the chance to shine as she should in the mcu has proven to have the potential to be just as big as thor and the like. Captain marvel as much as they hate her is the most popular female superhero in the world along with wonder woman. Guardians of the galaxy is a household name. And so on and so forth all because they were given a chance.

    Like the mcu gave relatively obscure characters the chance to shine. And proves that a charachter isnt inherently popular they simply need good stories and exposure and they will be big. And with the xmen they have a gold mine literally! Hence why I say they should cool it with the wolverine stuff and start focusing on all the other xmen because them focusing on just one charachter, pushing all the good stories and exposure to just him is a very foolish business move. Like planting seeds in an entire field of corn and just watering just one and expecting a full barn harvest.and taste wont happen. Even dcu knows to diversify their portfolio and they have the most iconic trio in comics. I speak on storm because I know her best, but the other xmen also have such gargantuan potential it's crazy that their entire world is wolverine wolverine. Like you want an assassins creed type franchise gambit is your guy. The thieves guild and all that. You want sherlock Holmes well we have irene and mystique there. You want a midevial crusade epic bennet du paris and En sabah nur are looking at you. And sooo much more.

    Anyways the main test for disney is the upcoming animated series. We will see how well they translate xmen to screen.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; Today at 07:55 AM.
    Storm is Love

  2. #2732
    Mighty Member StormBorn06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    That's the thing though, ironman being the main charachter is simply because he started the whole thing. If his movie flopped the Mcu as we know it would never had happened. And as to the avengers yes it's the ironman show but thor, captain america and wanda were given their due. Hawkeye and black widow were all given their shot not as well but still they were given a shot. Each had a trilogy to let us know who thy really are. Same for most of the members and other charachters. Even dr strange is now a household name before 2016 had you ask the random individual who he is they will look at you funny. Wanda controversial casting aside due to getting the chance to shine as she should in the mcu has proven to have the potential to be just as big as thor and the like. Captain marvel as much as they hate her is the most popular female superhero in the world along with wonder woman. Guardians of the galaxy is a household name. And so on and so forth all because they were given a chance.

    Like the mcu gave relatively obscure characters the chance to shine. And proves that a charachter isnt inherently popular they simply need good stories and exposure and they will be big. And with the xmen they have a gold mine literally! Hence why I say they should cool it with the wolverine stuff and start focusing on all the other xmen because them focusing on just one charachter, pushing all the good stories and exposure to just him is a very foolish business move. Like planting seeds in an entire field of corn and just watering just one and expecting a full barn harvest.and taste wont happen. Even dcu knows to diversify their portfolio and they have the most iconic trio in comics. I speak on storm because I know her best, but the other xmen also have such gargantuan potential it's crazy that their entire world is wolverine wolverine. Like you want an assassins creed type franchise gambit is your guy. The thieves guild and all that. You want sherlock Holmes well we have irene and mystique there. You want a midevial crusade epic bennet du paris and En sabah nur are looking at you. And sooo much more.

    Anyways the main test for disney is the upcoming animated series. We will see how well they translate xmen to screen.
    Yes, agree with that. The X-men are a team and a family, and if you focus on one person it's not going to work. Don't waste this huge gold mine.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again!Very well. War.

  3. #2733
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    364

    Default

    2019-2020 and until now the Storm train ride has not stopped and won't stop

  4. #2734
    Very well. War. Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,535

    Default

    You ever read articles and just know that the writer couldn't even be bothred to read a Wikipedia entry?


    Exhibit 1

    Exhibit 2

    Iíve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

  5. #2735
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yes, agree with that. The X-men are a team and a family, and if you focus on one person it's not going to work. Don't waste this huge gold mine.
    While i liked the first two X-men movies when they were relased in cinemas, over time i grew rather wary of the life action movie format for them. Not only because of how most of the following movies had rather... let's say "questionable" quality in writing overall, but also because of how apparent it became just how little character build up, progression and development can be done in the little action filled 2 or so hours they have at their disposale.

    By now i'm firmly of the opinion that the movie format just doesn't work for them, at least not if the intention is to bring the "magic" of the team and their individual friendships, companionships, relations, abilities and histories onto the screen like the source material does.

    The way the X-men comics have been constructed in their "golden age", basicly puts them into the same format as the nowdays much more consumed long running shonen/seinen manga series, which are also well known to seldomly work well when cut down into 2 hour life action formats, as opposed to have a long running series with the occasional "event" movie.

    It's perhaps no coincidence that even after two decades of movies, the definitive version people still seem to primarily have in mind when thinking of the X-men tends to be TAS. So perhaps animation is still the ideal format for the X-men.

    Saldly however in the west it's still not taken as "serious" as life action, even when it's not ideal for the material adapted. Especialy when the X-men need a series format for their characters and stories but blockbuster budget for the displays of their powers. Especialy Storm.
    Last edited by Grunty; Today at 01:33 PM.

  6. #2736
    Mighty Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You ever read articles and just know that the writer couldn't even be bothred to read a Wikipedia entry?


    Exhibit 1

    Exhibit 2

    Did that man just insult her?
    Screenshot_20230205-204825_Chrome.jpg

    Calling her power kitschy which is an insult.
    Storm is Love

  7. #2737
    Astonishing Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You ever read articles and just know that the writer couldn't even be bothred to read a Wikipedia entry?


    Exhibit 1

    Exhibit 2


    Omg Thank you, was reading these articles earlier and I was like so Claremont Storm just doesn't exist.
    Illyanna whole introduction is Storm and her both being/becoming Sorceress.

  8. #2738
    Astonishing Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    With Apocalypse making a return and seeing Death on the Squad with Storm in SatB.
    How would we feel of Genesis teaching Storm Mutant Magic?

  9. #2739
    Mighty Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This is one big conclusion they have drawn. We dont know if storm herself will even be doing much fighting. For all we know she will perform one raid then sit the fighting out for the rest of the event, acting as a general in a command room. We know for a fact that she even dies so who is she opposing then? This story will more than likely be about the storm system and ironfire and how they carry storm's spirit with them in battle.
    Storm is Love

  10. #2740
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    I cant see Genesis wanting to teach Storm anything nor can I see Storm needing or wanting to be taught by her.

    While she may certainly need time to fully hone her magical abilities...from SC02 it seems like she may be perfectly fine discovering and exploring that side of her heritage on her own. If and when she wants to.
    Krakoa and Planet Arakko...TO BE CONTINUED. FOREVER!!! Al Ewing is GOD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •