Page 156 of 544 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 8147
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This IS pretty Cool.

My only gripe is that it seems to imply that Storm's Mutant powers are both Magical. It makes sense for it to be Separate, but it's whatever. Still cool Preview.
    I'm not it was very simple in what I said. Everyone else got it but you.
    I wish people would stop acting like contributions made here are so complicated its equivalent to finding the cure for cancer.

I understood your point but what i was trying to convey is that when you look at everything Wanda mentioned im not sure how you could conclude they are the same.

Canonically and from the preview her mutant powers are not magical. Scarlett witch tells her that the fog wasn't ordinary and because she saw things other couldn't she was a part of the sisterhood. Wanda is telling ororo and the reader right that because of this and what she was able to do this is evident she possessed something more: potent gifts that only mystic/sisterhood could perform. Secondly, if canonically her powers were magical in nature it would have been able to hurt being such magical based Adversary, she would not have to control elements as they naturally exist and could make it from nothing, etc. etc. So perhaps what the misunderstood here was what I was trying to convey to you about the scans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Like do they not know his ultimate boss is ororo's progenitor? You think osthur will sit back and watch her employee hurt her daughter? NAURR.
    The MOTHER will always protect Mutha!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I understood your point but what i was trying to convey is that when you look at everything Wanda mentioned im not sure how you could conclude they are the same.

Canonically and from the preview her mutant powers are not magical. Scarlett witch tells her that the fog wasn't ordinary and because she saw things other couldn't she was a part of the sisterhood. Wanda is telling ororo and the reader right that because of this and what she was able to do this is evident she possessed something more: potent gifts that only mystic/sisterhood could perform. Secondly, if canonically her powers were magical in nature it would have been able to hurt being such magical based Adversary, she would not have to control elements as they naturally exist and could make it from nothing, etc. etc. So perhaps what the misunderstood here was what I was trying to convey to you about the scans.
    No you did not understand my point. Because you if you did you would not have asked "how you could conclude they are the same." when I literally explained it.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 01-26-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Oh yeah I remember seeing the Tarot Cards. It's just so much has happened since then, I dobt even Marvel remember that. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd be fully on board with the idea that Storm's mysical side is just as powerfful as Wanda's lol.

Marvel really is sleeping on Bobby. Like the way he can streamline their bullsh!t into a coherent and logical working IS his Omega power. Like if yall don't hire this man.
    I know that most at marvel don't recall that but let's just say I'm pretty confident this writer did her homework when it comes to storm mystical heritage. I dont know how this will be demonstrated in this actual issue for sure but im very encouraged from what I know that she will definitely give us a lot to feast on come next weds.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And this is a big part of why I want Wanda re-established as a mutant....because there could be a HUGE overlap and solidarity between her and Ororo if we were going with the pre-retcon version of Wanda.....who ALSO often treated or saw her magic and her mutant power as one and the same, too intertwined to easily pick apart where one began and the other ended. That's something that's really unique to the two of them, or could be, and that they could bond over and build upon with a deeper friendship....what its like to be both mutant and mystic so fully that even you can't always distinguish between when you're looking at the world via magic eyes/perceptions and mutant eyes/perceptions. But still being undeniably both at all times - just like pre-retcon, no matter how much focus was put on Wanda as a mystic, she was always undeniably and inherently a mutant too....and no matter how much focus was put on Wanda as a mutant, she was still very much a sorceress as well.

One and the same but also two distinct things, all at the same time....each woman standing with a foot in each world, mutant and magic....but not always seeing much of a difference because no matter which side of that line their feet are planted on, these dual foundations still both just support the entirety of each woman as a whole, dual-encompassing individual. They can't be boiled down to just one or the other, but both are inarguably part of their makeup.
    I very much so agree with your point about Wanda's retcon. but I think in the case of ororo there has been too many stories that seem to imply her mutant abilities and mystical ones were separate. in uncanny 160 ororo met a future version of herself where her mutant powers virtually were gone so she had to rely on her mystical abilities to make up for her loss of mutant power:

what we are seeing now is 616 storm potentially using both aspects of her powers and not as the result of one going away.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

No you did not understand my point. Because you if you did you would not have asked "how you could conclude they are the same." I literally explained it.
    and im saying if you read the scan you shouldn't be concluding they are the same. im not sure how you are not getting that part?

Astonishing Member

I know that most at marvel don't recall that but let's just say I'm pretty confident this writer did her homework when it comes to storm mystical heritage. I dont know how this will be demonstrated in this actual issue for sure but im very encouraged from what I know that she will definitely give us a lot to feast on come next weds.

I very much so agree with your point about Wanda's retcon. but I think in the case of ororo there has been too many stories that seem to imply her mutant abilities and mystical ones were separate. in uncanny 160 ororo met a future version of herself where her mutant powers virtually were gone so she had to rely on her mystical abilities to make up for her loss of mutant power:

what we are seeing now is 616 storm potentially using both aspects of her powers and not as the result of one going away.
    To be clear, when I talk about her magic and mutant powers being intertwined, I don't mean to imply I think they're DEPENDENT on each other. Like I'm not picturing them as without the one, the other doesn't exist. What I'm talking about is so long as they ARE both present in Ororo and/or Wanda, both magic and mutant natures....the two sides will naturally weave into each other and blur the lines a bit. But that doesn't mean that like, if you take away the mutant powers, the magic would disappear as well, or vice versa. I'm just saying that because they are both so intrinsic to Storm's nature, so much of how she views and thinks about the world, stuff like that, is going to be a blend of the two, because these perceptions are influenced by both sides of her being. So when she perceives magic, sometimes she does interpret it through the lens of her mutant powers, and vice versa. But if you were to take away her mutant powers or depower her, that doesn't mean she wouldn't still be able to see magic....because her ability to do so is not unique JUST to her mutant power, or dependent on it, she has the mystical sight in addition to her mutant sight.

To be clear, when I talk about her magic and mutant powers being intertwined, I don't mean to imply I think they're DEPENDENT on each other. Like I'm not picturing them as without the one, the other doesn't exist. What I'm talking about is so long as they ARE both present in Ororo and/or Wanda, both magic and mutant natures....the two sides will naturally weave into each other and blur the lines a bit. But that doesn't mean that like, if you take away the mutant powers, the magic would disappear as well, or vice versa. I'm just saying that because they are both so intrinsic to Storm's nature, so much of how she views and thinks about the world, stuff like that, is going to be a blend of the two, because these perceptions are influenced by both sides of her being. So when she perceives magic, sometimes she does interpret it through the lens of her mutant powers, and vice versa. But if you were to take away her mutant powers or depower her, that doesn't mean she wouldn't still be able to see magic....because her ability to do so is not unique JUST to her mutant power, or dependent on it, she has the mystical sight in addition to her mutant sight.
    I gotcha Bobby thank you for making that clarification!!!

and im saying if you read the scan you shouldn't be concluding they are the same. im not sure how you are not getting that part?
    I did read the scan and explained the implication of the power being the same. If you can't understand that after I just explained it to you. Then it's not me it's you.

Anyway moving on. I'm not going to keep explain this to you when you don't listen.

I did read the scan and explained the implication of the power being the same. If you can't understand that after I just explained it to you. Then it's not me it's you.

Anyway moving on. I'm not going to keep explain this to you when you don't listen.
    okey dokey..

these two have always flustered me i think Ororo May have the ability to see and speak to both living and deceased like Telepathy or mabey Astral projection and vison idk she was able to see Magnus daughter just before he died so it could be still pretty interesting though

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    these two have always flustered me i think Ororo May have the ability to see and speak to both living and deceased like Telepathy or mabey Astral projection and vison idk she was able to see Magnus daughter just before he died so it could be still pretty interesting though
    I think Storm can.

In New X-Men(2001) by Grant Morrison
    Issue #132 Storm saw what looked liked Ghost, but in Energy Form. I don't see why not.

And this is a big part of why I want Wanda re-established as a mutant....because there could be a HUGE overlap and solidarity between her and Ororo if we were going with the pre-retcon version of Wanda.....who ALSO often treated or saw her magic and her mutant power as one and the same, too intertwined to easily pick apart where one began and the other ended. That's something that's really unique to the two of them, or could be, and that they could bond over and build upon with a deeper friendship....what its like to be both mutant and mystic so fully that even you can't always distinguish between when you're looking at the world via magic eyes/perceptions and mutant eyes/perceptions. But still being undeniably both at all times - just like pre-retcon, no matter how much focus was put on Wanda as a mystic, she was always undeniably and inherently a mutant too....and no matter how much focus was put on Wanda as a mutant, she was still very much a sorceress as well.

One and the same but also two distinct things, all at the same time....each woman standing with a foot in each world, mutant and magic....but not always seeing much of a difference because no matter which side of that line their feet are planted on, these dual foundations still both just support the entirety of each woman as a whole, dual-encompassing individual. They can't be boiled down to just one or the other, but both are inarguably part of their makeup.
    That is the role of the high priestess though. And I think that's why they both embody that card perfectly. The high priestess sits on the border of ocean of the unconscious of unreality and land reality the subconscious. What is real and what isnt matters not to them because ultimately reality is subjective. They intrinsically know that reality is but a dream and that there is only one core truth the very true nature of all things.
    20220908_234449.jpg

This amorphous nature of these two is what gives them their position. I think where ororo might differ from Wanda is that ororo has the
    Gift of godhead the aka the spark of divinity which allows her to convert faith into even more power which leads to apotheosis. It is very intersting and I hope they have a mini together where this is explored.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 01-26-2023 at 03:33 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

CJ!!!!! Im so happy you are here. I posted in the Wanda thread and was so happy to see our girls share a great moment worthy of being called a sisterhood!! It has been such a long time coming and worth the wait!!! So nice to see Wanda sharing with Ororo and teaching her the ways of mysticism!!!! So beautiful to see these two have a great interaction together and ready for next week!!!
    I am Glad to finally post on Ororo's Thread Butterflykyss, sorry took me so long but it is for one Really good Reason that is a Celebration for both Fandoms, such a warm Welcome too thanks!

Thanks for the post on the Wanda Thread, that meant allot to me and the fandom, see this was a wait of joy incoming and it was better then thought to be, the Sisterhood ideal amoung a Mystical Meaning is just want Ororo and Wanda needed in this story, loving it all already.

It is already a Joyful Interaction been TOO long incoming and your joy in your Post is full of the Same Joy I feel, Thanks for Being You Butterflykyss!

Happy 2023 to Storm, Looking to being another EPIC year for her, Congrats! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Does it matter tho? Whether Jean and/or whoever else tags along, the story is still centered on Storm which is the most important thing.

Like what's the bad energy for?
    Is it bad energy or just an observation, beloved?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I have observed a very let's say perculiar phenomenon where everybody gets their flowers and we cheer for them but when storm gets hers suddenly it's a group effort or we are tagging others to distribute the flowers. I get it, Storm is the mother Her win is also for all her children. I won't have a problem with it if these arent the same people who go on twitter and say that storm fans want to read fan fiction or are delusional simply for expecting a writer to do what they promised they will do. It's like damn Victoria justice we hear you we all sing.

Anyways, like I said The Mother's win is a win for all her children. Let's bask in that empirical fact as we move forward.
    Finally somebody else sees it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡