Page 198 of 544 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If he did barge into her mind then I pity him. We remember what happened the last time a supremely powerful telepath invaded her mind.
    I think Storm will be the second question on his mind when he finds out Magneto didn't trust him before he died and had his "daughter" spy on him? Oh, that would be a Heartbreaker!

Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I wish I was lying boo
    I dont even fk with Black Panther like that and you know this.

And even I feel disrespected some typa way.

Plus thst Namor ugly as hell. He giving me "all lives matter" and it's just no.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I get the vibe that this is how Al is going to give us feats. They won't be epic splash pages or issue defining moments, no, they'll be just "in the moment" of the story and if you don't catch it then oh well.
    And I prefer that. Feats that make sense within the story cannot be denied.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'd actually prefer it be a Sinister Xavier. They way Storm won't actually have to hold back since he's an "abomination".

Also going to point out that having a giant mental helmet on your head when fighting Storm is just a self own Ontop of being a human tier durability being with 0 defensive capabilities.
    yes if its sinister which it very well could be based upon the multiple Xavier in the cover then that would work.

that all said, I'm still not convinced Ewing has a good grasp of the character and how powers function so if they were to fight i would be highly surprised if her mental defenses are mentioned at all.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    You see that's the thing, people keep comparing storm and tachala to their white contemporaries like Jean and scott or sue and reed. But that's not the case, realize that both are on the same team fighting for the same cause with the same goal. Storm and tachala are two individuals that yes met early in life but grew on very opposite paths. Storm is with the xmen and mutants and tachala with wakanda and the avengers. He tried bridging that by making her an avenger and that didnt work. They are just too important for their respective factions to be together, because forming together permanently will change the face of the marvel universe itself thats how powerful of a couple this is I'm universe and hickman was going to explore that. There is a reason their marriage stopped the damed civil war when nothing else could. The sacrifice need for them to be together is too great seeing as yes they are their own people but a lot of people depend on them. Every decision must be made as a we with their people in mind. A more suitable relationship to compare to those long lasting white ones is Monica and blue marvel. But we need more black couples so I am rooting for storm and craig. Death is a bitch he tried to kill her, he can stay in simp valley craig all the way.
    I would've like to see Hickman's plans (minus the child drama), but even then, it would have to continue to be a cooperative deal between the two offices because as we say it only takes one bad writer from either office to turn the relationship sour.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont even fk with Black Panther like that and you know this.

And even I feel disrespected some typa way.

Plus thst Namor ugly as hell. He giving me "all lives matter" and it's just no.
    lmfao not all lives matter lol. I dont know why the editor thought any of this was a good idea but that is why the relationship thing with ororo and how it ended I lump it with the ridiculousness of this cover and his entire run. the entirety has been a deliberate attempt to demonize him and in an obvious uncharacteristically manner.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    I'm not so sure about that,

So beautiful, we know this toxic relationship is dead and storm is better for it. It makes no sense to bring them back together. They will just break up again. Tchalla can't handle being in the relationship. I am so glad that relationship is dead and he killed it again.

yes if its sinister which it very well could be based upon the multiple Xavier in the cover then that would work.

that all said, I'm still not convinced Ewing has a good grasp of the character and how powers function so if they were to fight i would be highly surprised if her mental defenses are mentioned at all.
    I think he does when it counts if that makes any sense?i won't discredit what he's do with her so far with his work on updating and solidifying her as an energy manipulatior of the highest level. Now he hasn't really shown us that explicitly so there's that.

But no, I don't think he'd go so far as to nerf/remove her mental defenses for this. They are just as much apart of her character as anything else. Even powerless, her will is 2nd to none.

Plus I'm going to assume that this conversation is going to happen in private so unlike the instance in SOS she won't have to worry about anyone else jumping in.

She could focus on Xavier/Sinister Xavier with all her defenses at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Then I think Death is a big possibility, because the next red will focus on the Apocalypse family.
    besides Death and Warbird can't really see any else, and seeing to people who emulate Life and Death to the fullest would be fitting

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I enjoyed SoS #1 and SW #3 but won't dive into those.

SatB #1 was so GOOD! Here is my take:

The Story: Loved it. Medina art & Ramos colors are usually always a treat and feature of a good book. Full of action and intensity from start to finish! I and loved the Star Wars style page that introduced the story. Storm was INTENSE. It's clear that over the 10 years of survival she has remained a stalwart leader and a cunning thinker. I love how she picked up Destiny actually being Mystique. Ewing just serves so much and I am here for him letting us see an intelligent Ororo who knows the people she deals with, but giving respect to who she's dealing with. So often we have not had the change to see Storm written with competence, but Ewing continues to put respect on her name for the many talents that she brings to the table. Same for Destiny & Mystique. Their love and loyalty to each other really shines through here, and I am still left reeling from their "betrayal" of Storm? Or s it Sinister? And Raven was great. To make this moment successful she spent years fooling Ironfire and exploiting a weakness that she took full advantage of w/ precision timing, and skillfully took Ororo by surprise. I've always admired Raven's cunning and strategic thinking. I can't tell but part of me thinks they know Storm could be the key to fixing everything and this could be part of a bigger strategy, so I am curious to see how this "betrayal" plays out. Though the cover to issue #2 makes me think Ororo's vengeance may be on the way if she does in fact find and capture Destiny. Ironfire is GREAT! I love him as a new addition to the book. I am curious if we will see him join the case of Red as a regular. Enjoying his relationship with Storm, which he comes off as a powerful and fierce acolyte.

Creative Power Display: The tornado drill was awesome! Imagine how powerful, concentrated, and controlled that air force would need to be to not only pierce through solid earth with ease, and for her team to be protected at the same time as they descended. Then her energy senses picking up on the absence of energy. I like what we got here and hope Ewing's creativity with Ororo's elemental abilities continues.

The Strategy & Cunning: This round definitely goes to Destiny, Mystique and Spade Sinister. I like that Storm saw through Mystique right away, but I also like that Ewing gives Storm's opposition credible intellect and cunning as well. For them to use technology that could fool Storm's energy sight (though this does ignore her ability to perceive life forces) and Cable's telepathy, and adjust body language to plant false tells supports the master planners who also know Storm and her team well. It makes the powers t play more balanced, even though we still don't know where this will go with respect to Destiny's efforts to keep her wife alive but also help defeat Sinister.

The Bad: Too. Damn. Short. I feel like we get more pages of Immortal, X-Men, and X-Force in general compared to Red.

Score: 8.5/10 - Very good read! #EwingForLife

@thread - LOVE the Dauterman cover for #11! Perfect for a new avatar. I am overdue!

I hope Storm slays Xavier on multiple levels:

- You resurrected Vulcan with no proper safeguards in place
    - As a consequence you sent an unhinged threat that not only posed a threat not only to the Krakoa/Arakko alliance, but to his own daughter and the Shiar empire
    - Vulcan harmed people of both Arakko & the Shiar; Nova has been accepted as part of the people; Frenzy is a SWORD diplomat, and we saw what happened to Paibok and Gladiator

I wish the f$%& he would come try to come for Storm. He won't just get all the smoke - his a$$ will be getting a forest fire! That being said, the love interest is...interesting. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing some sparks with Craig Marshall of Nasa, but Jon Ironfire...hmmm. I am very happy/greatful Ewing will continue to have Storm under his pen
    It will be too weird with Jon, storm has to get a partner not a worshipper. The power imbalance will be too great imo. It will ruin the romance. Her staunchest ally? Yes, her protege? Yes. Likely he is a teen when we meet him in the present so that will be perfect.

This is why I'd prefer Storm with somone who's "normal". And not really a powerless person, but somone who doesn't have any dogs in the power fight. No kingdoms, no people, no crowns & thrones. Just somone for Storm to lean on to love.

Couldn't have gotten better start than Craig of Nasa.
    Not only that but it could be really compelling seeing ororo with someone whose just a ordinary guy with a good heart. The fact that hes a fine brother too...ima give him a chance lol.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 02-09-2023 at 12:51 AM.

lmfao not all lives matter lol. I dont know why the editor thought any of this was a good idea but that is why the relationship thing with ororo and how it ended I lump it with the ridiculousness of this cover and his entire run. the entirety has been a deliberate attempt to demonize him and in an obvious uncharacteristically manner.
    Yeah, keep that mess away from Storm.

As for BP, we'll, in the words of Queen Keke:

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yep. Next issue more likely. But as long as its a surly ol’ biddy who goes out like a boss I can live with that.
    I'm going to need ewing to give us a big send off. Like I dont mind her dying but it should either be epic aka in battle or it should be surrounded by all her loved ones who arent sinsterized.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Not only that but it could be really compelling seeing ororo with someone whose just a ordinary with a good heart.
    Like Craig! Man went to Arakko to dig holes and collect rocks. Had to endured enless ocean after endless ocean and infernos in the arctic and dry air and weirdly placed metaphors all to end up protecting two kids and ended up adopting at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    besides Death and Warbird can't really see any else, and seeing to people who emulate Life and Death to the fullest would be fitting

Yes, I can imagine it's another toxic but interesting relationship. It was either him or Craig. Unless ewing creates an entirely new character.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.