Page 485 of 544 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 8147
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With some tweaks, this could have easily been the visual they do for the 97' Cartoon instead of that mess they designed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So, I have a co-worker who lives close to me. We've chatted before and we both bonded over being Black women in corporate America who love comics and syfy. We've chatted about the X-Mena our mutual love of Storm. Her car is the shop and she just stopped by my office and asked if I'd mind giving her a ride home. I said sure. She said she'd meet me by the elevators, and I looked up from my computer and said "I shall meet you at the monorail!"

She looked at me as if I have 3 heads. Seeing her confused looked, I told her that her membership to the Storm fan club is cancelled! She is not a raindrop! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So, I have a co-worker who lives close to me. We've chatted before and we both bonded over being Black women in corporate America who love comics and syfy. We've chatted about the X-Mena our mutual love of Storm. Her car is the shop and she just stopped by my office and asked if I'd mind giving her a ride home. I said sure. She said she'd meet me by the elevators, and I looked up from my computer and said "I shall meet you at the monorail!"

She looked at me as if I have 3 heads. Seeing her confused looked, I told her that her membership to the Storm fan club is cancelled! She is not a raindrop! lol
    Lol indeed! You should send her a meme of a card being torn up! That line is priceless and a prerequisite for fandom entry.

Love the story of your common connections. My HR guy is a huge comic nerd (mostly DC though), but we can spends hours talking about our faves. I got him the SWORD & X-Men Red vol. 1 that collected issues of Storm’s time on just before her VoS role and on Arakko and he has been hooked. He is full on collecting Red. Now he will get the “monorail” test next

Maybe she just wasn't an XMTAS fan? At least not on that scale and level? (We do exist) I'm a long-time X-Men reader/collector/fan but I absolutely detested TAS and pretty much know very little about/of it.

In other news...Storm did that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe she just wasn't an XMTAS fan? At least not on that scale and level? (We do exist) I'm a long-time X-Men reader/collector/fan but I absolutely detested TAS and pretty much know very little about/of it.

In other news...Storm did that.
    She sure did. Another brilliant issue and I have goosebumps writing up the review thread. Much to discuss!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

*Copying* from my Review:

Once again Ewing does a Fantastic Job with Character and World Building. 10/10

I enjoyed the FisherKing's Backstory and how he fell in Love in a Dark World with No Hope. LOL The Bit with Solem and them trying to get DNA from him is funny.

I LOVE Storm's Giant Hail Stone killing the Bio-Weapon. It was Subtle, yet a VERY POWERFUL Move with Such a Statement.
    - One of my Favorite Ice Attacks now. :-)
    To, me Interpreted Famines powers to Disintegrating people by just looking at them. As he did too Poor Zsora.

Let's Go Issue 16 can't be here Fast Enough.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Very hype to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    *Copying* from my Review:

Once again Ewing does a Fantastic Job with Character and World Building. 10/10

I enjoyed the FisherKing's Backstory and how he fell in Love in a Dark World with No Hope. LOL The Bit with Solem and them trying to get DNA from him is funny.

I LOVE Storm's Giant Hail Stone killing the Bio-Weapon. It was Subtle, yet a VERY POWERFUL Move with Such a Statement.
    - One of my Favorite Ice Attacks now. :-)
    To, me Interpreted Famines powers to Disintegrating people by just looking at them. As he did too Poor Zsora.

Let's Go Issue 16 can't be here Fast Enough.
    I got my book in the mail yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts. LOVED IT!

What's the rules on spoiler's? I have thoughts/questions on the next issue, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 09-13-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Just read Red #15 and when it was revealed that the gate was the flora inside the belly of the beast like how Genises used the flora in The Fisher Kings gut to spy on him in the flash back I was shook!

I wasn't expecting that twist and was wondering how the flash backs would correlate. Also enjoyed the "penance stare" like power from Famine, I didn't know he could do that. I also loved the air freezing feat idk if anyone remembers me saying I'd like to see Storm drop a frozen cloud on a 100 toner a few months ago but here we are and I'm blessed!

I must say Ewing has given me almost everything I've wanted to see Storm do from creating "space weather" to stripping electrons directly from an opponent to freezing air moisture and dropping it on a brick lol.
    Last edited by The Regent; 09-13-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    i love it !!!!!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Had no idea this was such a seminal moment.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Is it? Is it, really?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Had no idea this was such a seminal moment.
    I always wondered why they had Storm sport the long ponytail on those episodes. She looked amazing in it, but I was always curious what prompted the change as they had never experimented much with her hair before aside from a few things here and there like her punk look in that alternate reality.