Page 464 of 544 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 8147

Ugh! I’m bored with these last few pages on this thread. Can we just talk about how fabulous Storm is?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Even if she doesn't. I also want Storm to meet Oshtur or the Vishanti. This is WAY LONG OVER DUE.
    I think thats one of the key missing pieces to Storm when you compare her with the other A-List X-Men. There has been so much in depth lore expansion on the Summers, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Magneto, Cable, Rogue, Psylocke, etc. We know of Ainet, Achmed, and the teacher from that awful Dickey mini, but so little on her family and magical history. We have more on her time as a thief, some history on her burgeoning elemental powers, and now just touching the surface of her magic and its vast potential. And with Genesis & Annihilation…I have so many ideas popping around to connect a history there. A Sorcerer Supreme ancestor is too big a breadcrumb to leave unexplored.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think thats one of the key missing pieces to Storm when you compare her with the other A-List X-Men. There has been so much in depth lore expansion on the Summers, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Xavier, Magneto, Cable, Rogue, Psylocke, etc. We know of Ainet, Achmed, and the teacher from that awful Dickey mini, but so little on her family and magical history. We have more on her time as a thief, some history on her burgeoning elemental powers, and now just touching the surface of her magic and its vast potential. And with Genesis & Annihilation…I have so many ideas popping around to connect a history there. A Sorcerer Supreme ancestor is too big a breadcrumb to leave unexplored.
    Not to mention a decade as a goddess. No other gods were curious and came looking for her? She faced no external threats to her perceived goddess-hood in the era. She NEVER talks about it. No writer, even claremont has ever really touched on what exactly happened during that time. But with the new storm mini my mind is kind of swirling, if Storm powers dissipate over earth as electro magnetic energy it re-frames a lot of stories. Who set her up to make it look like she was causing a drought the first time she used her powers? Or who was going around essentially framing her. So many possibilities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unless a writer wants/cares enough to retroactively bring drama and foolishness in her life in those early Goddess years...I would much rather it be left alone. As a young Goddess focused on serving the people of Kenya she clearly wasn't a threat to any of the long-existing pantheons, so they left her alone to do her do. And that's good enough for me. We already know the most formative aspects of her life starting with the death of her parents in Egypt, then as an orphan thief...to when she left and wandered south...to when Xavier recruits her for his New X-Men.
    Besides...
    Knowing everything about a character's entire life history doesn't serve any purpose other than to make that character's history convoluted and confusing and messy (depending on who's writing)...just ask Wolverine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That thought process seems like the opposite of creativity to me. but that's just me. ^_^ There is no telling what meat can be created using that time. Especially when we think of the many pointless gaps filled in for characters that were doing far less interesting things at the time.

Heck even shadow king, he chased her since she was a child but we are suppose to believe he never bothered her once in almost a decade in africa. perhaps osthur had some sort of protective barrier over her girl. lol. Also Wolverine is all over the place and time, this is Storm's entire teen life having practically no data.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2023 at 10:55 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Any writer can come in and retroactively do something in those intervening years...as with Nocenti's current LS...but my question is: Will it add anything of significance and importance to her story and character? (Nocenti's current LS...is highly questionable in this...as she's just basically expanding on what Claremont wrote in that period). Claremont already did a lot of very significant character-work for Storm both in the back-story side and going forward as an X-Man the minute she accepted Xavier's proposal.

That said...a good writer could use that time period to delve further into her family and mystical background. Unfortunately, a good writer, who is interested in telling that story doesn't exist.

Creativity with purpose is one thing creativity for just the sake of making money (as with Liefeld's Major X) is quite another.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I actually agree but i don't believe interest isn't there. So that is never my first assumption it's usually what marvel will allow. And we know black female characters are not top of mind for them, neither are creators of color. Or at least that seems to be the case. So i don't assume no one wants to write for Storm, or Blue Marvel or any of the other characters of color that have far more potential than "White Widow" Which i find hard to believe anyone was sitting around like "We need white widow." but here she comes. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

LOL @ the White Widow reference because I was like Who asked for that Thunderbolts book? And Why?

Without knowing specifics...she pitched/was presented with "Storm loses control over her powers, fights New Villain, and falls in love." Everything we've already read for her character. I'm guessing she didn't pitch/wasn't presented with "Storm's Mystical Heritage".

You are more optimistic than I am with regards to writers' interest in Storm mystical material.

Thank the Goddess Ewing and Stephane Williams actually referenced it in their stories or else we would never have anything close to it at all.

this was meant to go here. lol.

seeee... and i enjoyed thunderbolts though i agree i don't think many were clamoring for it anymore than the x-cellents which i loved. maybe someone will enjoy White Widow i would like to think others would enjoy a Storm: the hidden years. ^____^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Storm #3 was Good. I give it a 7/10

I think we ALL called it that Blowback is a representation of Storm(at least I believed it was), which seems to be the case. I'm still trying to understand what this so called "Secondary Mutation" Ann Nocenti is trying to explain. But, if I had to guess. I THINK Storm's Secondary Mutation is being able to duplicate herself with Weather???? IDK. Issue #4 is where we are going to get the WHOLE Story of Blowback supposedly so.

The Dialogue is a bit hit an miss. Kitty is still the annoying Teenager, but that's nothing new really. She's always been like that. I still like Travis + Storm relationship it's cute. However, it's still not clear if he's a Bad Guy or Not. You'd think by now we'd know lol.

Storm's conversation with Charles about how he convinced her to leave her Homeland before she could have a clear and concise decision makes sense. But, when you read stories where it's brough up again and in recent issues(XMR #12) I think it's time for Storm let that go and move on. How many times does Storm want this Bald man to apologize. What's done is done and I personally, think Storm needs to move on. For her to hold that against Charles for THIS long?! It's time to do what Elsa from the Movie Frozen said "Let it GO!".

Anyway, that's my personal take on the Issue. Overall, I liked Storm #3. Can't wait for the last 2 Issues.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

What do you guys think of Storm's old witchy eyebrows? I kinda like them

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I like it, too. That's one of the signature looks of a storm.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    what do you mean? Photo reference please

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    1.jpg Something like that.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    1.jpg Something like that.
    Like that. Here's another example