Page 399 of 544 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 8147

So Gillen had Ororo be completely oblivious to the corruption of her colleagues for 5 years which resulted in The White Peen throwing that oversight back in her face at such an opportune moment (amongst other things). It's so pathetically trite it's funny. I'm not sure what it is about Ororo's character that Gillen continually struggles to 'get' but at least now he won't be forced to deal with (and bastardize) her in any meaningful capacity for the foreseeable.

I'm actually curious about how Ewing would have written Xavier. I love how he writes Xavier doing everything he can to save his daughter, while at the same time portraying him as a dangerously good man.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I do not consider dissenting opinions wrong. Destiny may be heinous from what we know but from what storm knew and the way Destiny phrased things Storm could not blame her. The plot may have been set up for Emma to have her moment but there were no lies detected. As long as it makes sense, drag my girl, it builds character. But to just have her do things because they serve the plot and not even the story or her story, that's when i got a problem. so i'm not too worried about storm being dragged in red. lol
    Destiny did lie to her face repeatedly to keep Raven from finding out what she did.

Like I said in the review thread, I refuse to get bogged down in character motivations and such. This is 100% the writers/editors. Gillen is going to weave the cloth he weaves. We already know what he be weaving. I do look forward to Ewing's Red return. The texture of his tapestries are unparalleled, and his thread count so high. Even if the Fall of X takes Storm down some dark turns, I am confident Ewing will make it spectacular, and in the end the sun will rise again. Ultimately she's one of the last remaining un-resurrected main characters. When Krakoa crashes and burns eventually, it'll have been Storm who pulled them from the fire in the end.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    So Gillen had Ororo be completely oblivious to the corruption of her colleagues for 5 years which resulted in The White Peen throwing that oversight back in her face at such an opportune moment (amongst other things). It's so pathetically trite it's funny. I'm not sure what it is about Ororo's character that Gillen continually struggles to 'get' but at least now he won't be forced to deal with (and bastardize) her in any meaningful capacity for the foreseeable.
    She was in the middle of multiple wars at the time and had other stuff going on.

Oh in other news, the Executive producer of the upcoming xmen 97 has stated emphatically that Storm and Cyclops are the main characters of the coming series.

https://twitter.com/beau_demayo/stat...bIhhFk-4Q&s=19
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I was surprised also to see such strong negative reactions to the issue. I didn't think it was bad either. It was just stale and exhausting, We've seen this from Storm too many times. Feeling bad about not being able to be a million things to a million people, and always feeling like she isn't good enough or doing more.

I just don't care about that anymore. It's so old and not interesting. You combine that with Gillen who's never been able to write Storm well and it all just ends in a big ball of mediocrity. Which is what this was. And I guess it was a plot point to have her do zilch on the Quiet Council( as it "paid off" here) but in the end its impossible to get enthused by her "developments" in IMX.

She's done nothing on the QC, will continue to not be present or impactful in any significant way as revealed in today's issue, and so for me, the takeaway is, what's the point then? Ultimately, I just don't care. I wish she would've just resigned from the QC and allow Ewing to just focus on the Arrako drama. There's no excitement or anything to be gained from her IMX "story."
    I basically agree, we just got the whole "Storm was absent so she steps down" plot for the hundredth time in Red, now here we are yet again lol. And if I was in Storm's position I would leave the quiet council... but I also acknowledge that her vote is needed now more than ever in Krakoa. It really is a damned if she does or doesn’t situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Oh in other news, the Executive producer of the upcoming xmen 97 has stated emphatically that Storm and Cyclops are the main characters of the coming series.

https://twitter.com/beau_demayo/stat...bIhhFk-4Q&s=19
    This is as it should be. Two of the best leaders in X history!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    This is as it should be. Two of the best leaders in X history!
    It really should. Their dynamic should parallel each other. The focus they gave to Charles and erik in the movies should have been them. When they left them out the fox movies lost the plot. And needed up recycling the same plotlines over and over and over.

It really should. Their dynamic should parallel each other. The focus they gave to Charles and erik in the movies should have been them. When they left them out the fox movies lost the plot. And needed up recycling the same plotlines over and over and over.
    Fox is stupid. I'm glad to see them fail completely.

Mighty Member

I guess we don't have to worry about that. She's not even going to the party.
    What is there to party about?

There is so much about this issue that we didn't even cover yet.

The good:
    Gillen did a masterful job of continuing Ewing's theme of ororo being a great leader. She came up with a plan to clean up the council and did that. She did have them watch the horror they did while possessed by Sinister's genetic cocktail. She had the 4 stripped of the very voting power and created a system to keep tabs on the new resurrected people. I enjoyed those parts.

I also really enjoyed Gillen capturing her hope in wanting to see the best in Charles but realizing he won't change. I loved her heartbreak realizing Charles is lost. I also loved Charles supporting her up until she stripped him of his power. I loved her compassion and anger at having keep cleaning up the mess he started.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post

The good:
    Gillen did a masterful job of continuing Ewing's theme of ororo being a great leader. She came up with a plan to clean up the council and did that. She did have them watch the horror they did while possessed by Sinister's genetic cocktail. She had the 4 stripped of the very voting power and created a system to keep tabs on the new resurrected people. I enjoyed those parts.

I also really enjoyed Gillen capturing her hope in wanting to see the best in Charles but realizing he won't change. I loved her heartbreak realizing Charles is lost. I also loved Charles supporting her up until she stripped him of his power. I loved her compassion and anger at having keep cleaning up the mess he started.
    I'm talking about Hellfire Gala. Apparently she won't be attending this year either, she'll be facing Genesis on Arakko. I liked the part about Xavier. And we'll see next week.

Fox is stupid. I'm glad to see them fail completely.
    They really were like its baffling. I recently learnt that x2 had to undergo a rewrite to give halle berry's storm more to do because she had just won an oscar. And I was shook because she was basically a footnote doing just one thing to affect the plot. So you mean to tell me her part was a cameo before she won an oscar?

They really were like its baffling. I recently learnt that x2 had to undergo a rewrite to give halle berry's storm more to do because she had just won an oscar. And I was shook because she was basically a footnote doing just one thing to affect the plot. So you mean to tell me her part was a cameo before she won an oscar?
    They indulged in the Dark Phoenix Saga and failed twice as a result. I don't have much more to say about the Fox Storm, they wrote her badly on top of the waste. I will never forgive Fox for what they did to the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post

The good:

Yup inspite of all the mess Storm was The Dominant Mother of Krakoa this issue and did what needed to be done as far as she's aware.