Page 465 of 544 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 8147
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They are distinctive but...Like her cat eyes, I can live with or without them.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Storm #3 was Good. I give it a 7/10

I think we ALL called it that Blowback is a representation of Storm(at least I believed it was), which seems to be the case. I'm still trying to understand what this so called "Secondary Mutation" Ann Nocenti is trying to explain. But, if I had to guess. I THINK Storm's Secondary Mutation is being able to duplicate herself with Weather???? IDK. Issue #4 is where we are going to get the WHOLE Story of Blowback supposedly so.

The Dialogue is a bit hit an miss. Kitty is still the annoying Teenager, but that's nothing new really. She's always been like that. I still like Travis + Storm relationship it's cute. However, it's still not clear if he's a Bad Guy or Not. You'd think by now we'd know lol.

Storm's conversation with Charles about how he convinced her to leave her Homeland before she could have a clear and concise decision makes sense. But, when you read stories where it's brough up again and in recent issues(XMR #12) I think it's time for Storm let that go and move on. How many times does Storm want this Bald man to apologize. What's done is done and I personally, think Storm needs to move on. For her to hold that against Charles for THIS long?! It's time to do what Elsa from the Movie Frozen said "Let it GO!".

Anyway, that's my personal take on the Issue. Overall, I liked Storm #3. Can't wait for the last 2 Issues.
    If Storm can make "shadow clones" or weather clones, we need her to implement this tah-day against Orchis. Cause mayhem and fuckery miles away.

Also, what's the likelihood that Jean attempted to contact Ororo. Synch had asked Jean if she had done it.

2.jpg Genesis War begins!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    If Storm can make "shadow clones" or weather clones, we need her to implement this tah-day against Orchis. Cause mayhem and fuckery miles away.

Also, what's the likelihood that Jean attempted to contact Ororo. Synch had asked Jean if she had done it.
    Yeah, that would be useful.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Storm #3 was Good. I give it a 7/10

I think we ALL called it that Blowback is a representation of Storm(at least I believed it was), which seems to be the case. I'm still trying to understand what this so called "Secondary Mutation" Ann Nocenti is trying to explain. But, if I had to guess. I THINK Storm's Secondary Mutation is being able to duplicate herself with Weather???? IDK. Issue #4 is where we are going to get the WHOLE Story of Blowback supposedly so.

The Dialogue is a bit hit an miss. Kitty is still the annoying Teenager, but that's nothing new really. She's always been like that. I still like Travis + Storm relationship it's cute. However, it's still not clear if he's a Bad Guy or Not. You'd think by now we'd know lol.

Storm's conversation with Charles about how he convinced her to leave her Homeland before she could have a clear and concise decision makes sense. But, when you read stories where it's brough up again and in recent issues(XMR #12) I think it's time for Storm let that go and move on. How many times does Storm want this Bald man to apologize. What's done is done and I personally, think Storm needs to move on. For her to hold that against Charles for THIS long?! It's time to do what Elsa from the Movie Frozen said "Let it GO!".

Anyway, that's my personal take on the Issue. Overall, I liked Storm #3. Can't wait for the last 2 Issues.
    completely agree. I'm thinking the secondary mutation may be creating the elements herself such as blowback fire, so perhaps fire, air, wind, water so she can produce all the ingredients she needs on her own to power her storms without hurting a planet.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    completely agree. I'm thinking the secondary mutation may be creating the elements herself such as blowback fire, so perhaps fire, air, wind, water so she can produce all the ingredients she needs on her own to power her storms without hurting a planet.
    Or it could be that the MORE she gives into her Emotions, each emotion can create a Sentient Weather Creature. Anger we get the current Blowback. Sadness we get a different form of Blowback. I mean shit that's the BEST way I can understand it. LOL
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Or it could be that the MORE she gives into her Emotions, each emotion can create a Sentient Weather Creature. Anger we get the current Blowback. Sadness we get a different form of Blowback. I mean shit that's the BEST way I can understand it. LOL
    either way it was worth it for the "pound them into submission" line that was uttered. lol, This was a bit of a welcome release too, i was going to skip comics today but this was fun and the other stuff i read. I honestly though never thought the day would come, despite being a fan of storm, that she would be the only thing that is holding me on to anything X-men at this point.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With the "you asked me to leave, so I did" thing.

I know some believe he psychically "persuaded" her to leave (Storm herself brought it up some time ago) but nothing in that initial moment in the GSXM as written by Claremont makes me thing that. Charles' argument was in fact very convincing and she saw the wisdom in his words. I'm of the mind she herself made the choice to go with him. And as such there should be no recriminations against Charles.

Plus...it's not as though her entire life was wasted and pointless the moment she hopped onto the X-Jet and bid Kenya adieu. We all make important decisions in life that lead us to parts unknown and we just have to live the best we can with the results and consequences.

That said...her bringing it up in this series is true to script as that's exactly how she was feeling at the time of Rogue's arrival on the X-Men but for Ewing to bring it up recently in XMR, that was a little...enh.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

i was okay with xavier/storm here because the situation was different but yeah if we never hear this again i would be more than okay with that. But i do feel it came off a bit softer here, more like a conversation than an accusation and i feel she purposely used it to get him to soften on her leaving, which he did. She was upset when she asked why he was fighting her on this but more controlled when she mentioned leaving africa. I also like that charles checked us and let us know it's not a tiara, it's a crown. lol

Also lowkey i like that this also fills in some time from storm being a theif and charles witnessing her create a thunderstorm. Though it does make me wonder if blowback was responsible for the drought because either charles was lying about Storm's pull on the weather dissipitating as electro magnetism, his machine was broken, or he was in fact correct and something else killed those animals but it's still tied to what Ororo did that day. I also lowkey like until he really needed her, for a very long period of time Xavier did keep Storm away from the drama of the x-men which allowed her to life a peaceful life for so long in a lot of ways. a lot of other young mutants did not get that chance. He must have been truly fascinated and loved the idea of a mutant being adored for helping people and ororo time in africa would be a shining hope it can happen i would imagine, if not an extreme example of it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2023 at 01:19 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Some people seem to blame Storm for Xavier's mistakes at gala. This is confusing, Storm has completed the duties given by Magneto in his last words, and she has a larger crisis to solve.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Some people seem to blame Storm for Xavier's mistakes at gala. This is confusing, Storm has completed the duties given by Magneto in his last words, and she has a larger crisis to solve.
    What? Why, because she was supposed to be watching him? That's really silly.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What? Why, because she was supposed to be watching him? That's really silly.
    Their reasons are also stupid."Storm won't share Magneto's last words "when Storm told Xavier everything.

Their reasons are also stupid."Storm won't share Magneto's last words "when Storm told Xavier everything.
    Ha! They don't seem to be properly updated on things.

Emma literally said that rumors about a civil war on Arakko are spreading, so everyone knows Storm is dealing with a lot at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ha! They don't seem to be properly updated on things.

Emma literally said that rumors about a civil war on Arakko are spreading, so everyone knows Storm is dealing with a lot at the moment.
    Yeah, I saw a preview of the XMR14 and it was a real war!

Yeah, I saw a preview of the XMR14 and it was a real war!
    Wait what?