Page 181 of 544 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So it's not just me that takes stanning to the next level.

At this point it's "again". We're still waiting on High Priestess Kyss to do the first one.
    There’s a “Storm” in my soul….

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Storm Cameo in Fantastic Four 7 Alex Ross

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1621602133077278721

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting.
    De unDoubtable Dauterman
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think it helps, that for SOME aspects, we can wrap our head around it because it's real world science and numbers backing it up.

There's no real world scientific power behind the power of a billion billion exploding suns, or a beam that can slice through planets, or a punch that can crack dimensional walls.

But when you speak of a woman being able to harness the power of a cat 5 hurricane and then direct all that energy towards whoever is unlucky enough to be on her bad side, we can wrap our heads around how much power is being flung her way.

And let's not even get into the cosmic scale where our understanding drops even more.
    very true. it is because of this I always found it odd how some readers would try to write her off as weak. how would one do this when considering the real word devastation a hurricane or tornado can bring?

Talking about dramatic, I really hope we get a pissed off Storm in the MCU.

Skip to 5mins in. Give me this type of energy, right down to the thunder and music.

for some reason I think the goddess aspects of her origins will be modified by the mcu as to show Africans (specifically kenyans) as "primitive" in thought by having them worship ororo. remember that was the intent of her solo to demonstrate her village knew all along she was just a crazy girl and was doing that more for her ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    and how truly terrifying it can be whenever there's a big storm coming near my way the clouds move hella fast, its somewhat unsettling watching the sky go from nice and clear to dark Cumulonimbus clouds forming in minutes and already having lighting cracking inside of the cloud, Clouds are so strange
    yes those types of storms are very terrifying just on the appearance. when the lightning and thunder comes with it that effect can be amplified 10-fold.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Talking about dramatic, I really hope we get a pissed off Storm in the MCU.

Skip to 5mins in. Give me this type of energy, right down to the thunder and music.

No because I am going to need this fucking energy from storm in the MCU. When she uses her power and sfe speaks her voice should be like rolling thunder. I am sooo sick and tired of the mediocrity we got from the fox movies.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 02-03-2023 at 02:52 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very true. it is because of this I always found it odd how some readers would try to write her off as weak. how would one do this when considering the real word devastation a hurricane or tornado can bring?

for some reason I think the goddess aspects of her origins will be modified by the mcu as to show Africans (specifically kenyans) as "primitive" in thought by having them worship ororo. remember that was the intent of her solo to demonstrate her village knew all along she was just a crazy girl and was doing that more for her ego.

yes those types of storms are very terrifying just on the appearance. when the lightning and thunder comes with it that effect can be amplified 10-fold.
    I don't think they would dare do that to Storm or Kenya. Just look at how they've portrayed Wakanda, it's BY FAR the most advanced nation in the world and Shuri seemed smarter than Bruce in Infinity War.

Incredible Member

I don't think cloning Storm is an issue as he easily did it and put Martha's brain in that Storm clone's body. I think the problem was Storm's mind and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I don't think cloning Storm is an issue as he easily did it and put Martha's brain in that Storm clone's body. I think the problem was Storm's mind and soul.
    Sinister wanted a sinister minded Storm who was under his control.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I don't think they would dare do that to Storm or Kenya. Just look at how they've portrayed Wakanda, it's BY FAR the most advanced nation in the world and Shuri seemed smarter than Bruce in Infinity War.
    No offense to Bruce but I think his Academic Prowess has been muddled since being the hulk for years without break, not to mention the Geniuses that had been hiding in plain sight I mean Shuri, Hank Pym, and Janet v.d not saying he's not smart but if tony were with Shuri instead of bruce, things would have been done much quicker, or Sarcastic snide comments bouncing off each other like a game of ping pong
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Sinister wanted a sinister minded Storm who was under his control.
    with a Will ironclad like her, Ororo makes quite the fickle foe to subdue to Hypnosis, not even the darkest magics could corrupt her i know it wasn't 616 storm but i feel it still counts , plus over the years of manipulating Lightning,she has created a nifty little bubble around her to shield herself from telepaths which is why she and Magnus broke free of Jesus-Legions bewitchment

"Goddess be Praised"

Let’s savor the Will of the Goddess some more…

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Will power seccond to none. Hence why it was dumb that she died in logan because Xavier went into an episode. But hey fox storm was trash through aand through.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Will power seccond to none. Hence why it was dumb that she died in logan because Xavier went into an episode. But hey fox storm was trash through aand through.
    I mean the story was inspired by Old Man Logan in which all the heroes are jobbed in an even dumber way so there is that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

This was a damn good Storm. Those panels where she fights off Malice's influence by sheer strength of will are EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This was a damn good Storm. Those panels where she fights off Malice's influence by sheer strength of will are EVERYTHING!
    Hear, hear. Those are such delicious pages.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!