Page 182 of 544 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    with a Will ironclad like her, Ororo makes quite the fickle foe to subdue to Hypnosis, not even the darkest magics could corrupt her i know it wasn't 616 storm but i feel it still counts , plus over the years of manipulating Lightning,she has created a nifty little bubble around her to shield herself from telepaths which is why she and Magnus broke free of Jesus-Legions bewitchment

Storm will be wearing Magneto style helmet soon, I wonder if it will be as effective against TP as Magneto's own helmet. I know Storm is highly resistant to TP, but Sinister has plenty of strong TP users including himself.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Storm will be wearing Magneto style helmet soon, I wonder if it will be as effective against TP as Magneto's own helmet. I know Storm is highly resistant to TP, but Sinister has plenty of strong TP users including himself.
    given what's to happen over the course of 10+ years id imagine it would be stronger than Magnus's Helm. the Static wall around her and a will with no bound or Limitation the helmet is probably an extra precautionary safeguard, but that makes me wonder why Ororo is the only one with a helmet, the rest of them have no Wards to protect their minds.
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Will power seccond to none. Hence why it was dumb that she died in logan because Xavier went into an episode. But hey fox storm was trash through aand through.
    Yeah Storm in the movies has been bad in comparison to her comic form.

In reality if Storm was as strong as her comic counterpart in the films, they'd be over within 15 minutes.

It would behoove Marvel to start doing more comic accurate threats so that they can take the kid gloves off from Storm and stop treating her like someone who "just changes the weather and shoots lightning". She SHOULD be facing Thor level threats and above.

Souch to get caughtvup on lol. I will say:

- I loved SoS#1 - 10/10 for me
    - I liked SW#2 - hoping we get more stories of Wanda rebuilding her relationship with mutants in general, but especially a fellow witch in Storm
    - Cosigned on Storm’s strength of will; whether it was Mojo’s magic, Dracula, Malice, Emma Frost, Shadow King, or the combined power if Xavier, Psylocke, & Oracle (and there’s more) I hate how this was ignored for so long (Fraction, Guggenheim, Lemire, and Gillen in the past - did better in SoS); hopefully we see a return to stories that continue to test Storm’s strengths and weaknesses

Love all of the suggested ideas for a solo book. Especially Cable, Emma, Domino, and Storm
    https://www.cbr.com/xmen-characters-...e-she-truly-is

BANNED

I read Sins of Sinister #1 and somehow I came way thinking this has to be yet another alternate reality... Does anyone else get the same vibe?

The whole Krakoa thing exists because of the multiple reboot timelines of Moira's abilities, are you saying that the entire Krakoa era is AU? Or is it just that you've never read HOX/POX and Inferno?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

BANNED

The whole Krakoa thing exists because of the multiple reboot timelines of Moira's abilities, are you saying that the entire Krakoa era is AU? Or is it just that you've never read HOX/POX and Inferno?
    I have and read both and every issue of each bored me to sleep. Still, I can't put my finger on it but it all feels off almost like I missed something or something is missing. Yet, I know this is only the first installment of Sins of Sinister so maybe I'm just not feeling it yet.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-04-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I have and read both and every issue of each bored me to sleep. Still, I can't put my finger on it but it all feels off almost like I missed something or something is missing. Yet, I know this is only the first installment of Sins of Sinister so maybe I'm just not feeling it yet.
    Since you are not interested in the current era, why come to Storm thread to complain? Everyone knows that Storm is the only topic discussed here. You should go to SoS or any post that is discussing the Krakoa era and give your opinion.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 02-04-2023 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Yeah Storm in the movies has been bad in comparison to her comic form.

In reality if Storm was as strong as her comic counterpart in the films, they'd be over within 15 minutes.

It would behoove Marvel to start doing more comic accurate threats so that they can take the kid gloves off from Storm and stop treating her like someone who "just changes the weather and shoots lightning". She SHOULD be facing Thor level threats and above.
    Frankly I get that many charachters are nerfed in the movies, hell everyone and their mama was nerfed except jean, logan, magneto and xavier. Storm and scott inparticular were desecrated. But yeah I get it she being her average self will make most conflicts redundant. So why not write better conflicts for her?

Like I am still peeved about the dam scene because all that was unnecessary af. The scene would have made more sense had storm literally dont demonstrated she can summon a ton of tornadoes without breaking a sweat in an instant. Also she demonstrated she could freeze things and in a deleted scene froze a body of ear for the plane to land on. And bobby could have helped her as jean lifts the plane and kurt stands behind them and telepots them. Would have demonstrated the famous xmen teamwork but nope we needed to forcefully do pheonix in the next movie which was botched.

In the mcu or wherever they end up I really hope storm gets her chance to do her thing periodically. And not cripple her for the sake of plot. Because fox storm really did damage to ororo as a charachter.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 02-04-2023 at 11:21 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    given what's to happen over the course of 10+ years id imagine it would be stronger than Magnus's Helm. the Static wall around her and a will with no bound or Limitation the helmet is probably an extra precautionary safeguard, but that makes me wonder why Ororo is the only one with a helmet, the rest of them have no Wards to protect their minds.
    I guess for the same reason that other members of Magneto's Brotherhood don't wear helmets either, they think personal style is most important.

Frankly I get that many charachters are nerfed in the movies, hell everyone and their mama was nerfed except jean, logan, magneto and xavier. Storm and scott inparticular were desecrated. But yeah I get it she being her average self will make most conflicts redundant. So why not write better conflicts for her?

Like I am still peeved about the dam scene because all that was unnecessary af. The scene would have made more sense had storm literally dont demonstrated she can summon a ton of tornadoes without breaking a sweat in an instant. Also she demonstrated she could freeze things and in a deleted scene froze a body of ear for the plane to land on. And bobby could have helped her as jean lifts the plane and kurt stands behind them and telepots them. Would have demonstrated the famous xmen teamwork but nope we needed to forcefully do pheonix in the next movie which was botched.

In the mcu or wherever they end up I really hope storm gets her chance to do her thing periodically. And not cripple her for the sake of plot. Because fox storm really did damage to ororo as a charachter.
    I'm not even sure if they need to call these movies x-men, All I see is Wolverine going around being cool and saving the world, and Xavier, Magneto and Mystique love stories.

I'm not even sure if they need to call these movies x-men, All I see is Wolverine going around being cool and saving the world, and Xavier, Magneto and Mystique love stories.
    As much as I hate to say it they are x-men movies. If not anything at least three or 4 x-men were actually involved in the movie. Yes it is a wolverine cinematic universe if we are being serious and later a makeshift mystique one. But it is still xmen not just the ones we care about.

As much as I hate to say it they are x-men movies. If not anything at least three or 4 x-men were actually involved in the movie. Yes it is a wolverine cinematic universe if we are being serious and later a makeshift mystique one. But it is still xmen not just the ones we care about.
    It's like a very dark timeline. Imagine if Mystique took the script from Storm and Scott and became the leader of x-men in the comic book.

It's like a very dark timeline. Imagine if Mystique took the script from Storm and Scott and became the leader of x-men in the comic book.
    Frankly I doubt we were ever going to get that. Mystique only became relevant as she did in the movies because it was jlaw that was playing her. They wanted to cash in on the hunger games fame she was enjoying at the time but jlaw hated the role, and mystique is a charachter that works best in doses. So it was doomed from the start.

As to wolverine being the main star of the OG movies that was actually not a given, first Jackman was not known marsden berry stewart and mckellen were going to be the main core but apparently singer liked him soo much that he flipped the script and even fuelled some very random rumours that they were ducking. Thank God that wasnt true seeing that singer was a piece of **** through and through. But yeah increased logan time went over perfectly with test audiences and when the movie debuted people were in awe of how good jackman was in the role. That is when it became his cinematic universe. And frankly he ate as wolverine. Singer didnt let anyone read the source material too so the cast didnt know that they were fucking up the storylines. Couple that with singers issues and you have fox og xmen saga.

As to scott and storm, it is a shame what happened to them. Scott was relegated to chuck status and simply broiled down too the guy in the way to ths girl. And storm was... well what was she again? I'm sorry we have no idea where that woman came from she just randomly popped up on our screen as halle berry. Movie 3 they tried to make her important but by then the damage was already done. Again who tf was she again? If you told me she was a big deal I would have said you were a liar.

Everyone else aside colossus was great to ohk he was trash but deadpool saved him. Bobby was kinda ohk better than scott at least, nightcrawler was excellent, magneto excellent till they started shoving him in everything that doenst concern him, xavier excellent, jean was aight I mean she is powerful and is special or whatever, oh and the main guy wants to **** her but it's like who is she and why should we care? Beast was great in the OG on the reboot he was aight (colour me surprised when I learnt he was going to get a solo movie), kitty was good, pyro good... eh that's it really. Gifted and legion were all good. Frankly if storm had debuted there it would have been better for her. Oh and I never watched new mutants.

Anyways we got what we got, we can hope the future will bode well for the ones who got done dirty especially the so called leaders. But seeing the patterns in time that is very unlikely. Maybe Scott but storm I doubt it till I see it.

Also who thought it was a good idea to give the mic to simon kingberg? The guy who wrote last stand? That man hasnt written a good thing since well...his stint as director and I thank the lord everyday.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 02-05-2023 at 05:52 AM.

Frankly I doubt we were ever going to get that. Mystique only became relevant as she did in the movies because it was jlaw that was playing her. They wanted to cash in on the hunger games fame she was enjoying at the time but jlaw hated the role, and mystique is a charachter that works best in doses. So it was doomed from the start.

As to wolverine being the main star of the OG movies that was actually not a given, first Jackman was not known marsden berry stewart and mckellen were going to be the main core but apparently singer liked him soo much that he flipped the script and even fuelled some very random rumours that they were ducking. Thank God that wasnt true seeing that singer was a piece of **** through and through. But yeah increased logan time went over perfectly with test audiences and when the movie debuted people were in awe of how good jackman was in the role. That is when it became his cinematic universe. And frankly he ate as wolverine. Singer didnt let anyone read the source material too so the cast didnt know that they were fucking up the storylines. Couple that with singers issues and you have fox og xmen saga.

As to scott and storm, it is a shame what happened to them. Scott was relegated to chuck status and simply broiled down too the guy in the way to ths girl. And storm was... well what was she again? I'm sorry we have no idea where that woman came from she just randomly popped up on our screen as halle berry. Movie 3 they tried to make her important but by then the damage was already done. Again who tf was she again? If you told me she was a big deal I would have said you were a liar.

Everyone else aside colossus was great to ohk he was trash but deadpool saved him. Bobby was kinda ohk better than scott at least, nightcrawler was excellent, magneto excellent till they started shoving him in everything that doenst concern him, xavier excellent, jean was aight I mean she is powerful and is special or whatever, oh and the main guy wants to **** her but it's like who is she and why should we care? Beast was great in the OG on the reboot he was aight (colour me surprised when I learnt he was going to get a solo movie), kitty was good, pyro good... eh that's it really. Gifted and legion were all good. Frankly if storm had debuted there it would have been better for her. Oh and I never watched new mutants.

Anyways we got what we got, we can hope the future will bode well for the ones who got done dirty especially the so called leaders. But seeing the patterns in time that is very unlikely. Maybe Scott but storm I doubt it till I see it.

Also who thought it was a good idea to give the mic to simon kingberg? The guy who wrote last stand? That man hasnt written a good thing since well...his stint as director and I thank the lord everyday.
    The funny thing is that when jlaw revealed that she no longer wanted to play Mystique, they killed her immediately. I could really complain all day about how bad foxmen are, and not just because of the Storm. But now that Disney has acquired FOX, I do hope they can at least do better than FOX. (But seeing how the MCU has made the Avengers all about Ironman, I'm ready to see Wolverine everywhere again)