Page 3 of 544 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'd be happy if SW teaches Storm a spell. Maybe magical lighting or a teleportation spell? Just something to remind people that while she may not be a multiversal-mage, she can still do magic as it's literally in her blood.

Plus, isn't it like 616 law that ANY human can do magic with the proper training and knowledge? But just like with everything else, some will be better at it than others.
    I thought it would be a good opportunity to explore her connection to Oshtur.

I don't expect Storm to get too close to 616 magic, it seems they were ruined by bad writers, and there is a considerable cost to using magic now.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I thought it would be a good opportunity to explore her connection to Oshtur.

I don't expect Storm to get too close to 616 magic, it seems they were ruined by bad writers, and there is a considerable cost to using magic now.
    See I was worried about that too. The thing is, how many magical users are actually gods? Not wielding god-like power but LITERAL gods? I would think that would off-set some if not all of the consequences.

I'm not saying I want Storm to be a replacement for Doctor Strange or SW or be anywhere near that league. But it would be nice if she could use magic on the regular. Like I said, even if it's for something simple like teleportation or magical lightning to catch a enemy off guard.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

See I was worried about that too. The thing is, how many magical users are actually gods? Not wielding god-like power but LITERAL gods? I would think that would off-set some if not all of the consequences.

I'm not saying I want Storm to be a replacement for Doctor Strange or SW or be anywhere near that league. But it would be nice if she could use magic on the regular. Like I said, even if it's for something simple like teleportation or magical lightning to catch a enemy off guard.
    But then I thought this is X office, and they don't care about the rules that other people make.

Yes, at least some simple magic. Maybe a defensive shield or something.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Lol I think it's good that we're all vocal about Storm. It would be a sad and dusty thread if we were all in agreement about every single thing. Like some of us want to see Storm soar among the stars (literally and figuratively), while others want her back down to Earth or Arakko doing bare knuckle brawls in all her punk glory.

We're a melting pot of passion! The one thing I don't think anyone can question is that at the end of the day we just want the best for Storm.
    No way you came up with a melting pot of passion just now, lol. But right you are, we are a melting pot of Passion!
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

But then I thought this is X office, and they don't care about the rules that other people make.

Yes, at least some simple magic. Maybe a defensive shield or something.
    That's accurate lol. They'd probably have her sacrifice a bit of her should/humanity for every spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    No way you came up with a melting pot of passion just now, lol. But right you are, we are a melting pot of Passion!
    LMAO don't judge me but it's partly based off a elementary school song called "The great American melting pot".

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

That's accurate lol. They'd probably have her sacrifice a bit of her should/humanity for every spell.

LMAO don't judge me but it's partly based off a elementary school song called "The great American melting pot".

That would be fun, too. If Storm loses her humanity, Rogue Storm will come out and start destroying planets and killing people.

It's a good song.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

If, Storm is going to do Magic at least teach her a Defensive Spell. Give her a Magical Force Field or give her something I like to call “Blessing of Oshtur”(something I stole from Aquaman. Where he had Poseidon Blessing) where Storm is completely Immune to all Magical Attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    If, Storm is going to do Magic at least teach her a Defensive Spell. Give her a Magical Force Field or give her something I like to call “Blessing of Oshtur”(something I stole from Aquaman. Where he had Poseidon Blessing) where Storm is completely Immune to all Magical Attacks.
    Storm is an energy manipulator, she should also be able to absorb energy, and that should include magic.

https://screenrant.com/storm-immune-...marvel-comics/

I never actually thought about her doing this lol. I always just thought she'd drain the Sentinel on the spot but this works much better for stealth missions and the like.

Storm is an energy manipulator, she should also be able to absorb energy, and that should include magic.
    Yes, we know that.

But if they are going down the road of her Magic Bloodline teach her spells that benefit her.

See I feel like this is where her lineage and mutation would combine. To me, it wouldn't make sense for just her mutant powers to be able to allow her to absorb or even manipulate magic. Yeah, she's a energy manipulator but only of naturally occurring energy. Magic shouldn't fall under that purview from just a mutant standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yes, we know that.

But if they are going down the road of her Magic Bloodline teach her spells that benefit her.
    Of course. Such powerful magical potential cannot be wasted.

See I feel like this is where her lineage and mutation would combine. To me, it wouldn't make sense for just her mutant powers to be able to allow her to absorb or even manipulate magic. Yeah, she's a energy manipulator but only of naturally occurring energy. Magic shouldn't fall under that purview from just a mutant standpoint.
    Yes, that would make more sense. But if Vulcan can ignore magic with impunity, there's no reason Storm can't.

Of course. Such powerful magical potential cannot be wasted.
    Lol, I mean it’s already wasted.

https://screenrant.com/storm-immune-...marvel-comics/

I never actually thought about her doing this lol. I always just thought she'd drain the Sentinel on the spot but this works much better for stealth missions and the like.
    That’s pretty Cool. That ability will definitely come in handy when Orchis comes knocking on her door. Although, not sure if that Electrostatic would work against Nimrod and Omega Sentinel.

Honestly, I don’t think that’s a good idea to combine her latent Magic Potential with her Mutant Power. People would be hard pressed to understand how her powers work. Even now people struggle with how her powers work.