Page 4 of 544 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 8147
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member StormBorn06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Lol, I mean it’s already wasted.



    That’s pretty Cool. That ability will definitely come in handy when Orchis comes knocking on her door. Although, not sure if that Electrostatic would work against Nimrod and Omega Sentinel.
    They're not actually smart. They faced Magneto many times, but never degaussed the metal all over their bodies. It doesn't make sense to me that the whole Orchis and robots are a threat to all life.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

  2. #47
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    32,748

    Default

    Happy New Year babies!!!! Hoping you all have a divine year and ready for Storm to continue to do big things! let's get it!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    They're not actually smart. They faced Magneto many times, but never degaussed the metal all over their bodies. It doesn't make sense to me that the whole Orchis and robots are a threat to all life.
    True, but there’s always some plot armor for them. So, it whatever to me at least.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member StormBorn06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    True, but there’s always some plot armor for them. So, it whatever to me at least.
    Maybe they're made of plot armor.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

  5. #50
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Happy New Year!
    Attachment 127780
    Indeed! This will be big kick start to 2023. All the trending X-Men has done in social media makes me feel like Marvel has found the right formula for the X-books, wuth a big part of that being Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    https://screenrant.com/storm-immune-...marvel-comics/

    I never actually thought about her doing this lol. I always just thought she'd drain the Sentinel on the spot but this works much better for stealth missions and the like.
    I alwasy tjoughtthis was such an awesome ability AoA Storm displayed that I would have loved to see from 616 Storm. Like weíve seen her manipulate the atmosphere around The Fury to block its sensors, and do tue same on several occasions to various military factions, but this would be amazing to see against Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, or Orbis (assuming Cable doesnít kill him).

  6. #51
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Starting off the so called new year with a Storm butt whip, me like.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member StormBorn06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Happy New Year babies!!!! Hoping you all have a divine year and ready for Storm to continue to do big things! let's get it!
    Yeah, this may be the most important year for Storm.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

  8. #53
    Very well. War. Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yes, that would make more sense. But if Vulcan can ignore magic with impunity, there's no reason Storm can't.
    To me that's where their powers start to show off their differences. Vulcan isn't bound by naturally occurring energy. So it would make sense for him to do whatever he pleases with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Honestly, I donít think thatís a good idea to combine her latent Magic Potential with her Mutant Power. People would be hard pressed to understand how her powers work. Even now people struggle with how her powers work.
    That's a good point but at the same time we can't limit Storm to what "people" can understand. "People" still see Storm as a mutant who can only do weather stuff with no mention of her energy manipulation. People will just have to catch up and get with the program lmao.
    Iíve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

    Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Honestly, I don’t think that’s a good idea to combine her latent Magic Potential with her Mutant Power. People would be hard pressed to understand how her powers work. Even now people struggle with how her powers work.
    I agree, her mutant gift is deeply misunderstood. Conflating that with her magic will just make it even worse. To me storms omega level mutant abilities should be separate from her magic. Yre we delve into that but we get express notice that she is using magic not her mutation. Because it can get messy very quick. You know how her haters try to minimize her in everyway.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

  10. #55
    Very well. War. Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Indeed! This will be big kick start to 2023. All the trending X-Men has done in social media makes me feel like Marvel has found the right formula for the X-books, wuth a big part of that being Red.



    I alwasy tjoughtthis was such an awesome ability AoA Storm displayed that I would have loved to see from 616 Storm. Like we’ve seen her manipulate the atmosphere around The Fury to block its sensors, and do tue same on several occasions to various military factions, but this would be amazing to see against Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, or Orbis (assuming Cable doesn’t kill him).
    Yeah they would probably be too advanced for the deception to work. It would be cool to see her employ this not just against Sentinels but against other security systems and even telepaths. Like there was that one scene in the all female x-book where she "snuck up" on Rachel and Psylocke who at the time were both classified as Omega Level telepaths. Obviously they were not actively looking for her but it's common knowledge that a telepath, especially one's of their caliber, are always sensing thoughts.
    Iíve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

    Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    To me that's where their powers start to show off their differences. Vulcan isn't bound by naturally occurring energy. So it would make sense for him to do whatever he pleases with it.

    That's a good point but at the same time we can't limit Storm to what "people" can understand. "People" still see Storm as a mutant who can only do weather stuff with no mention of her energy manipulation. People will just have to catch up and get with the program lmao.
    Exactly, I mean we came up with ways to soothe ourselves of that nonsense anatomy book. But it's a real problem. People dont understand how her powers work and that they are egrokinetic in nature. So when you show them galactic core or trion dimension sealing, they freak out. Even death battle host did that and they are used to even more chaotic powers. There is a miseducation of Ororo Munroe in the powers department. And we need that sorted asap. Because this is a top to bottom issue.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 01-01-2023 at 02:32 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

  12. #57
    Very well. War. Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I agree, her mutant gift is deeply misunderstood. Conflating that with her magic will just make it even worse. To me storms omega level mutant abilities should be separate from her magic. Yre we delve into that but we get express notice that she is using magic not her mutation. Because it can get messy very quick. You know how her haters try to minimize her in everyway.
    As simple as it sounds I think something as small as a change in color or voice could solve the problem. Her natural lightning has been blue, yellow, white, orange. But only her magical/mystical lightning has had that purple aura.

    I think that would be the easiest way to differentiate the two.
    Iíve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

    Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

  13. #58
    Very well. War. Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Exactly, I mean we came up with ways to soothe ourselves of that nonsense anatomy book. But it's a real problem. People dont understand how her powers work and that they are egrokinetic in nature. So when you show them galactic core or trion dimension sealing, they freak out. Even death battle host did that and they are used to even more chaotic powers. There is a miseducation of Ororo Munroe in the powers department. And we need that sorted asap.
    That's why I'm hoping Ewing is laying the groundwork for future writers to use. I mean I understand that it's comics and everyone will have their highs and lows, but it shouldn't be so consistent that the lows become the norm and when the next AL comes around to write Storm as she truly is, people are like "wtf... B!tch WTF" *insert vine meme*
    Iíve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

    Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member StormBorn06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Exactly, I mean we came up with ways to soothe ourselves of that nonsense anatomy book. But it's a real problem. People dont understand how her powers work and that they are egrokinetic in nature. So when you show them galactic core or trion dimension sealing, they freak out. Even death battle host did that and they are used to even more chaotic powers. There is a miseducation of Ororo Munroe in the powers department. And we need that sorted asap. Because this is a top to bottom issue.
    I think the upcoming Omega Battle will solve a lot of problems for us.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Taurean Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That's why I'm hoping Ewing is laying the groundwork for future writers to use. I mean I understand that it's comics and everyone will have their highs and lows, but it shouldn't be so consistent that the lows become the norm and when the next AL comes around to write Storm as she truly is, people are like "wtf... B!tch WTF" *insert vine meme*
    Yeah another huge problem, someone once stated that storm vs aang, storm should lose but since hickman she has become overpowered so she should win. Then I showed then fears pre hickman and the stated that they never knew she was that strong and that they always thought she too time to use her powers. Meanwhile aang just needed to move. And I was just taken aback, because this was just too much. Like I cant I dont have the strength.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •