Page 429 of 544 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 8147
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I want Phantasia as a primary Storm villain and add Sienna Blaze as well!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Any feat for Storm
    There were a lot of Water Feats.

-Storm saves 2 Children from being swept away from the Waves. So Storm parts it, but by doing so accidently caused a Tsunami somewhere else.
    -Storm instantly turned water into Giant Hail
    -Was able to counter Avalanche with her Winds.
    -Contained the Villain Blowback for a short while with a Whirlwind.

That's It. It's the first Issue we probably won't see any big Feats until Issue 3-5 I would assume.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    There were a lot of Water Feats.

-Storm saves 2 Children from being swept away from the Waves. So Storm parts it, but by doing so accidently caused a Tsunami somewhere else.
    -Storm instantly turned water into Giant Hail
    -Was able to counter Avalanche with her Winds.
    -Contained the Villain Blowback for a short while with a Whirlwind.

That's It. It's the first Issue we probably won't see any big Feats until Issue 3-5 I would assume.
    Wont be suprised if issue 3 we get lava/fire bending feats. Also she emphatically states here that she can manipulate the ocean. So I guess that settles the silly debate of storm cam only manipulate wind and lightning.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

But yeah aside feats I actually liked this issue. Aasnt blown away but it was cute. It feels like a nostalgia comic with infinity comic undertones if that makes sense. Cant wait ti see where that goes.

It reminds me of the days when I could just read a UXM and enjoy the fun.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Storm #1 was Very Good. I loved it. 8/10

I think Ann did a good job with portraying Storm's Internal Struggle and how it's affecting her powers and her friends around her. I love the Drama. The only thing that made me cringe is a little bit of the dialogue some characters were saying that made me go "Ew". But, besides that it was great.

The New Love Interest seems promising. They actually have some thing in common, which is cute. I wouldn't mind this relationship coming back. The Villain is pretty interesting already and shows lot's of promise. I think it will be revealed Blowback is just a manifestation of Storm's anger or something close to it.

Anyway, I Loved it. 8/10. :-)
    Yeah i liked the new love interest as well. he reminded me of a smarter SlipStream (cross thought) on a boat. I also love that they are stressing at most shadowcat and storm were best friends especially since in the grand scheme of things ororo is not that much older than kitty or rogue but i think people tend to run away with the eyes older than time thing. it really adds a new dimension to how i read the story seeing that was a lot thrust on her for a 21 or 22 year old, if tha,t as i'm noticing this is the second time "i was too young" was used.

the retrospect as jbenito was saying is really good too. i mean we saw moments where storm got cold or the weather "betrayed" her so this feels like a very good point to explore especially right before she loses said powers.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-24-2023 at 12:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    It reminds me of the days when I could just read a UXM and enjoy the fun.
    It really is just fun. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Any feat for Storm
    They were all feats for me because every moment she used her powers helped define them. Yes she can part the sea without wind, yes she can control ocean currents, every moment was a "yes she can, but should she" so i really appreciated that it answered like every moment someone was like "but it was wind"

oceanstorm.jpg
    oceanstorm2.jpg
    oceanstorm3.jpg

For me one of the things that makes this mini work is this pretty much is the period of time, and a small period at that storm would had to really explore her powers. she was not a hero, she was at theif and then a goddess. When her people called she came and created miracles with no thought of consequence, because she could create those miracles to help she just did. And this is the first time we really see an in detail look and exploration at what she can do but should she, and what's the cost, and i think all said this can help inform where she compensates with mutant magic perhaps in the future. And we have never really seen ororo deal with now being mutant from a power aspect, in a sense we are seeing where she limited herself despite being free to actually do those things, because being human means she can't just part the sea, but she can. There is a real deepness in that, for me, or what i'm picking up and a very interesting point in the characters time. Claremont always made her very assured of her powers, but here shes learning to operate as a human with godlike powers. it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-24-2023 at 12:45 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    So I guess that settles the silly debate of storm cam only manipulate wind and lightning.
    Huh? People really think that? You must be joking.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i liked the new love interest as well. he reminded me of a smarter SlipStream (cross thought) on a boat. I also love that they are stressing at most shadowcat and storm were best friends especially since in the grand scheme of things ororo is not that much older than kitty or rogue but i think people tend to run away with the eyes older than time thing. it really adds a new dimension to how i read the story seeing that was a lot thrust on her for a 21 or 22 year old, if tha,t as i'm noticing this is the second time "i was too young" was used.

the retrospect as jbenito was saying is really good too. i mean we saw moments where storm got cold or the weather "betrayed" her so this feels like a very good point to explore especially right before she loses said powers.
    I would agree. I mean these are literally YOUNG Adults in their Early 20's tackling Grown Folk Problems and puberty LOL. This is Classic X-Men and I LOVE it. I love the Back n Forth with Storm and Kitty because they are like BFF's. Kitty Thinks Storm is a Poser. Storm thinks she can dress however the F**& she wants. LOL Highschool Drama at it's finest because I lived through this shit. We all did.

Y'know this is a GREAT Book that Explains WHY Storm keeps her Emotions in check. I think that is a subject that's not talked about often with Storm. So, i'm glad it's being revisited.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Storm#1 really makes me miss Clarmount, i think the simplicity is just what i love most about this issue,

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    It really is just fun. Fun!
    Those days were really simple, with only one or two books to focus on. There are so many books now, and the quality is so inconsistent.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They were all feats for me because every moment she used her powers helped define them. Yes she can part the sea without wind, yes she can control ocean currents, every moment was a "yes she can, but should she" so i really appreciated that it answered like every moment someone was like "but it was wind"

oceanstorm.jpg
    oceanstorm2.jpg
    oceanstorm3.jpg

For me one of the things that makes this mini work is this pretty much is the period of time, and a small period at that storm would had to really explore her powers. she was not a hero, she was at theif and then a goddess. When her people called she came and created miracles with no thought of consequence, because she could create those miracles to help she just did. And this is the first time we really see an in detail look and exploration at what she can do but should she, and what's the cost, and i think all said this can help inform where she compensates with mutant magic perhaps in the future. And we have never really seen ororo deal with now being mutant from a power aspect, in a sense we are seeing where she limited herself despite being free to actually do those things, because being human means she can't just part the sea, but she can. There is a real deepness in that, for me, or what i'm picking up and a very interesting point in the characters time. Claremont always made her very assured of her powers, but here shes learning to operate as a human with godlike powers. it makes sense to me.
    I liked when she parted the Sea. LOL Let's Go Water Bending. Now, Fingers Crossed we get Blood Bending. :-)
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Huh? People really think that? You must be joking.

I would agree. I mean these are literally YOUNG Adults in their Early 20's tackling Grown Folk Problems and puberty LOL. This is Classic X-Men and I LOVE it. I love the Back n Forth with Storm and Kitty because they are like BFF's. Kitty Thinks Storm is a Poser. Storm thinks she can dress however the F**& she wants. LOL Highschool Drama at it's finest because I lived through this shit. We all did.

Y'know this is a GREAT Book that Explains WHY Storm keeps her Emotions in check. I think that is a subject that's not talked about often with Storm. So, i'm glad it's being revisited.
    Yes! and i know i can overthink things sometimes but thinking of just reading the scene in red for me i can see the added resentment towards Xavier, the part never spoken about, retained. it wasn't just words,it affected every aspect of ororo including having to find her place among mortals. wolverine saying "chuck was wrong for taking you from africa" really hit me cause i never really thought about it, i think he is the first character in universe to give word to that moment. I am sure that informed Storm and her emotions as well.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I liked when she parted the Sea. LOL Let's Go Water Bending. Now, Fingers Crossed we get Blood Bending. :-)
    It almost adds more mystery to her powers. when she was doing it for herself, or for fun or what not the elements did seem to be like " not today biatch!" but every moment it was directly for someone else it came so easy, like parting the ocean for a kid vs. is sis bout to drown cause she tried the ocean.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Wow. Reading Storm 1 made me nostalgic for the X-Men's best era.

It was like X-Men Legends. But good.