Page 5 of 544 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    To me that's where their powers start to show off their differences. Vulcan isn't bound by naturally occurring energy. So it would make sense for him to do whatever he pleases with it.

That's a good point but at the same time we can't limit Storm to what "people" can understand. "People" still see Storm as a mutant who can only do weather stuff with no mention of her energy manipulation. People will just have to catch up and get with the program lmao.
    Yes, that is true. But, when you combine two such distinctly different powers together it’s going to get muddy and confusing as fuck. Especially, where future writers are concerned they won’t be able to tell the difference which is Magic and which is her actual Mutant Power. Let’s just Keep it Simple. Keep it Separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I agree, her mutant gift is deeply misunderstood. Conflating that with her magic will just make it even worse. To me storms omega level mutant abilities should be separate from her magic. Yre we delve into that but we get express notice that she is using magic not her mutation. Because it can get messy very quick. You know how her haters try to minimize her in everyway.
    Exactly.

So, let’s say Storm creates a Cosmic Storm. Well, that can easily be dismissed as she’s using Magic and not her actual Mutant Power. “Well, Storm can absorb energy” Well, technically it’s her Magic that allows her to absorb Energy and not her Omega Lvl.

Then writers would probably just categorize and just another Magical Mutant and ship her off the Magic World of Marvel and God knows when she would be taken seriously since she would be competing with powerful Magic Users who already have a good track record on the use of Magic then Storm.

Lol Keep it Simple. Keep it Separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That's why I'm hoping Ewing is laying the groundwork for future writers to use. I mean I understand that it's comics and everyone will have their highs and lows, but it shouldn't be so consistent that the lows become the norm and when the next AL comes around to write Storm as she truly is, people are like "wtf... B!tch WTF" *insert vine meme*
    Marvel actually owns a library of all their comics and required writers to read previous works before writing.

But the fact that they apparently read it doesn't mean they really understand it. When the next writer takes over, they may think ewing is ludicrous for making Storm an energy manipulator.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

what we talking about babies. im still a little out of it lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yes, that is true. But, when you combine two such distinctly different powers together it’s going to get muddy and confusing as fuck. Especially, where future writers are concerned they won’t be able to tell the difference which is Magic and which is her actual Mutant Power. Let’s just Keep it Simple. Keep it Separate.

Exactly.

So, let’s say Storm creates a Cosmic Storm. Well, that can easily be dismissed as she’s using Magic and not her actual Mutant Power. “Well, Storm can absorb energy” Well, technically it’s her Magic that allows her to absorb Energy and not her Omega Lvl.

Then writers would probably just categorize and just another Magical Mutant and ship her off the Magic World of Marvel and God knows when she would be taken seriously since she would be competing with powerful Magic Users who already have a good track record on the use of Magic then Storm.

Lol Keep it Simple. Keep it Separate.
    But see a cosmic storm would totally fall under her mutant powers. Unless said storm was created by Dormamu or something, I don't see how anyone could conflate she's using magic to control it.

But hell you're using magic school as a joke, I'd love for that to happen for a few issues. Teach her ass a thing or 2 of the mystic arts.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what we talking about babies. im still a little out of it lol.
    Lmao I'm out of the conversation for now. Time to go to hell, err, I mean work.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Whoo took forever to find the new forum, this place is like a goddam maze

I just learned this today Apparently in the New Mutants Movie Storm Was initially supposed to be in it as a Cruel sadistic Warden, she would be no different from Cecilia Reyes in the movie, and I believe Professor X was going to make an appearance in this as well. they had to be on drugs when they thought STORM of all people, should be the Warden, the only way storm being the warden would make sense was if it was Belasco behind it trying to get Magick and knowing Ilyanya had a soft spot for Ororo,

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Whoo took forever to find the new forum, this place is like a goddam maze

I just learned this today Apparently in the New Mutants Movie Storm Was initially supposed to be in it as a Cruel sadistic Warden, she would be no different from Cecilia Reyes in the movie, and I believe Professor X was going to make an appearance in this as well. they had to be on drugs when they thought STORM of all people, should be the Warden, the only way storm being the warden would make sense was if it was Belasco behind it trying to get Magick and knowing Ilyanya had a soft spot for Ororo,

Honey let's let today be the day you learned it AND forgot it. That whole movie was a dumpster fire.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Astonishing Member

As bad as the original idea was, at least basicly every viewer would have rejected it as being in any way in characte for Storm. So it wouldn't leave any longterm damage to her beyond some annoyed groans.

Meanwhile for poor Cecilia Reyes, this has been her ONLY out of comic appearance so far. The one that might define her to a lot of non-comic fans of the X-men.

Infact one has to wonder why they even bothered to pull a name from the comics, if they didn't needed anything from the actual character for it. Neither the personality nor the actual appearance.

At least Callisto had 2 animated appearances beforehand that made it clear the Last Stand version was an in name only versions.

[QUOTE=Sunny;6316651]Honey let's let today be the day you learned it AND forgot it. That whole movie was a dumpster fire.[/QU

Agreed
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As bad as the original idea was, at least basicly every viewer would have rejected it as being in any way in characte for Storm. So it wouldn't leave any longterm damage to her beyond some annoyed groans.

Meanwhile for poor Cecilia Reyes, this has been her ONLY out of comic appearance so far. The one that might define her to a lot of non-comic fans of the X-men.

Infact one has to wonder why they even bothered to pull a name from the comics, if they didn't needed anything from the actual character for it. Neither the personality nor the actual appearance.

At least Callisto had 2 animated appearances beforehand that made it clear the Last Stand version was an in name only versions.

I stopped trying to see reason in their Moronic Decisions, They Besmirch Famous well-known Characters like storm and reduce her so much she was barely able to handle Toad or keep a flood at bay

Then they grab lesser-known Characters like Seline or Cecilla And Practically use them as Back-round characters just to get murked in the most punk-ass way

for the last 2 decades, The x-men Movies have been about Charles and Erik's ideological Quarrell and the Logan+Scott+Jean Love triangle with Logan being the face of it
    you would think X-men apocalypse and dark phoenix would go venture into another story ark and even go into more depth in the X-mens powers but NO they used the same Tired ass formula

And it's crazy The Fantastic Four were also owned by Fox at the time and yet they didn't bomb, as the X-men did, God I hate Brian Singer
    "Goddess be Praised"

Mighty Member

I stopped trying to see reason in their Moronic Decisions, They Besmirch Famous well-known Characters like storm and reduce her so much she was barely able to handle Toad or keep a flood at bay

Then they grab lesser-known Characters like Seline or Cecilla And Practically use them as Back-round characters just to get murked in the most punk-ass way

for the last 2 decades, The x-men Movies have been about Charles and Erik's ideological Quarrell and the Logan+Scott+Jean Love triangle with Logan being the face of it
    you would think X-men apocalypse and dark phoenix would go venture into another story ark and even go into more depth in the X-mens powers but NO they used the same Tired ass formula

And it's crazy The Fantastic Four were also owned by Fox at the time and yet they didn't bomb, as the X-men did, God I hate Brian Singer
    Actually fantastic four bombed worse than the X-men, repeatedly.

Forgot new year, new thread.

Happy New Year all.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yeah another huge problem, someone once stated that storm vs aang, storm should lose but since hickman she has become overpowered so she should win. Then I showed then fears pre hickman and the stated that they never knew she was that strong and that they always thought she too time to use her powers. Meanwhile aang just needed to move. And I was just taken aback, because this was just too much. Like I cant I dont have the strength.
    How would she lose to any avatar? One lightning bolt from Azula nearly killed Aang. Storm can literally do more than Aang,Korra and any other avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Actually fantastic four bombed worse than the X-men, repeatedly.
    i Was mostly talking about how their Ability were used, but yeah they still bombed
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    How would she lose to any avatar? One lightning bolt from Azula nearly killed Aang. Storm can literally do more than Aang,Korra and any other avatar.
    She would fuck them up, There's nothing they can throw at her she can't throwback 100-Fold

"Goddess be Praised"