Page 81 of 544 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Like the math is not mathing. Ewing is trying to build hype and he thinks this will get us hyped? The cover is cute but pre x-men storm? The same storm that was basically stated by the xoffice to be nothing but a delusional girl who believed herself a god?

And the article said it's not just aesthetics but also persona and I'm like, her being a god to her people in Africa was just a #uwu aesthetic?! Oh I see how it is, sure.
    Attachment 128395

Anyways we move
    Yeah, what actually happens must be very different. The only thing we know for sure is that they resurrected Storm and counted on her to defeat sinister, nothing else.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That's why I'm done giving any type of energy but "eh". The premise around this does not sound like it'll be a character changing/defining moment but just something Marvel threw together together because they had AL on payroll and saw the rave reviews over Red.
    No because my reaction to all this is huh? Its sooo weird I started out not caring about this event and calling it storm entering her flop era, then the issue 2 cover of sos came out and stor having destiny in the ball got me gagged, and now after January 4th when my perspectives were rightfully realigned I am now seeing with my eyes and I dont think I care for this event. Like can may come already? Some of us have genesis to see.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I dont know what she is going to do to sinister when this version if storm wasnt successful after over a 100 years of war. Remember the current version of storm.is her at her most "powerful, intelligent...all them good attributes" self. Meanwhile pre Xavier storm barely know how a toaster worked and was a nudist.
    1.jpg

If you'd told me this storm could save the universe, I'd have the same reaction as Jean.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Attachment 128390

Storm System are mentioned again.
    Sounds GREAT!!

Yeah, what actually happens must be very different. The only thing we know for sure is that they resurrected Storm and counted on her to defeat sinister, nothing else.
    Well they are counting on the wrong person and I'm very sure if they ressurect her she will be pissed. She already tried and failed they better go get jean and tell her to channel Phoenix mojo to deal with sinister and his universe because I dont know what rain wind and lightning is going to do against a universal force. Or better yet legion, you know the most powerful being to exist or whatever go get him. Or better yet if he is currently defunct just ressurect him

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    In that context it is not slang. It is the fighting technique Ali used against Foreman. Letting your opponent tire himself, drawing puches that will not hurt you, before destroying the dope. Which is what Storm did here. Destroy an Omega, a supposed "equal", without a scratch on her. Why would she need to go Goddess mode against Vulcan? Is he suddenly Magneto and nobody told me? He is a kid throwing tantrums. He is not even close to the level where Storm is right now. That is what I saw on that fight. I guess it is Ewings own fault, in the sense that he hyped Vulcan too well. But seriously. Look into your heart of hearts. It is Vulcan really an enemy that would force Storm to give her all? Nop. He is a dope. Whom she roped.

its an informal expression (ie slang) in the us. that said I agree with your points and rgouggh I dont care that she used this expression it is canonically sound for storm fans to call foul based upon her typical speech pattern.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The only thing I can maybe see happening is that Storm is more flexible with her powers. But even then that's a big if because Storm learned the hard way about balance and limits.
    I dont know what she is going to do to sinister when this version if storm wasnt successful after over a 100 years of war. Remember the current version of storm.is her at her most "powerful, intelligent...all them good attributes" self. Meanwhile pre Xavier storm barely know how a toaster worked and was a nudist.
    You know, the more I think about it I wonder if the story is going to be a scenario and lesson on how sometimes the reality or expectations doesn't match up to the legend. Kinda like how you sometimes put historical figures and other important people on pedestals and can often exaggerate their track record or who they are without realizing that they're human and aren't perfect.

History can get distorted after a thousand years and it can become hard to discern fact from fiction. I wonder if after a 1000 years that the cosmic coalition has heard so many fantastical stories about Storm that they believe she can single handedly save them all if they resurrect her. But when they meet Storm they realize she can't do that and get disappointed until she inspires them in another way that leads to victory. I can see the story going that way. That might seem a bit typical though so I hope Ewing surprises us with something better than that.
    Last edited by Saturius; 01-12-2023 at 04:25 PM.

1.jpg

If you'd told me this storm could save the universe, I'd have the same reaction as Jean.
    Maybe she will flash sinister who knows anything is on the table at this point. It's an al ewing comic afterall the article's words not mine.

No because my reaction to all this is huh? Its sooo weird I started out not caring about this event and calling it storm entering her flop era, then the issue 2 cover of sos came out and stor having destiny in the ball got me gagged, and now after January 4th when my perspectives were rightfully realigned I am now seeing with my eyes and I dont think I care for this event. Like can may come already? Some of us have genesis to see.
    Yes, this is unreasonable and does not fit with Ewing's Current writing.Storm who fought Sinister all her life and she lost, and Storm whom he thought was inexperienced and ignorant will save the universe?

Well they are counting on the wrong person and I'm very sure if they ressurect her she will be pissed. She already tried and failed they better go get jean and tell her to channel Phoenix mojo to deal with sinister and his universe because I dont know what rain wind and lightning is going to do against a universal force. Or better yet legion, you know the most powerful being to exist or whatever go get him. Or better yet if he is currently defunct just ressurect him
    Well, none of them seem to have made it past the beginning of SoS. And were all turned into Sinister Chimera. But Storm even if she doesn't succeed, she has her people and can revive her if needed.

Maybe she will flash sinister who knows anything is on the table at this point. It's an al ewing comic afterall the article's words not mine.
    Yeah, it's a comic by Al Ewing. It's gonna be weird. It was unexpected.

Well, none of them seem to have made it past the beginning of SoS. And were all turned into Sinister Chimera. But Storm even if she doesn't succeed, she has her people and can revive her if needed.
    The arakki better fail so that they use mother righteous because that will be intersting. But legion not making it really doesnt make sense to me but hey we move.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    That's another thing I'm curious about is why they are trying to get a pre Xavier Storm? Storm has always been experienced with her abilities but it's clear they were probably much more honed after her time with him just due to the nature of her having to be more offensive and proactive with them after she became an X-man
    It's possible they may not have a choice, like an old backup they've somehow accessed or it's some shot in the dark attempt to bring her back without knowing what and "when" version they'll be able to obtain.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The arakki better fail so that they use mother righteous because that will be intersting. But legion not making it really doesnt make sense to me but hey we move.
    I want them to succeed. Can you imagine Ironfire, who has been Storm Stan for 1,000 years and has seen nothing but failure?

I want them to succeed. Can you imagine Ironfire, who has been Storm Stan for 1,000 years and has seen nothing but failure?
    Yes I can and he is on his knees begging that red sinister lady to bring back ororo. The woman says you can't bring back the dead especially if they dong want to come back, but ironfire doesn't care he makes the deal brings storm back, they pull whatever plot shenanigans to win then the timeline is reset everyone forgets what happens except maybe sinister irene and storm! *gasp* Yeah storm has a dual personality now one of her being a goddess in africa who was resurrected in the sos timeline, and the other of her in the present. Genesis and others come to challenge her but what would prove a decisive victory for ororo as she was of one mind now sees her contemplating Due to the building storm withing her of two minds.