Page 87 of 544 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    eh. that's on marvel and shops. Nobody buy this book if you don't enjoy it, if you aren't going to open it and read it, if you don't think you want to read it. I rather not read a storm book than to feel forced to do so just for a character to get something they deserve. Besides i don't make any money off Storm. lol.

Luckily i do want to read this. lol. as is the case most times.

Your in store purchase has no effect and means absolutely nothing in a system that relies on pre-sells and books are usually cancelled before real sales are tallied. You need a name to last at least 2 to 3 months before actual sales are factored. At least that is how the system seems but i'm very limited in what i can analyze on it. lol
    You're right and it's very weird how Marvel and DC do this. They want to see big pre-orders of issue #1 and that's the biggest factor on whether an ongoing continues past its initial arc, whether a mini could get a sequel, or whether the main character(s) of the series gets more spotlight. If the book hits that mark then they'll start looking at overall sales but pre-orders of issue #1 make the loudest noise to the big 2.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure if she wrote that backup story but I know for sure she was the Uncanny X-Men editor from 1984 to 1988 above Claremont. *big grin* Her resume is ridiculous, she's one of the greats.

Storm's name is going to be on the cover of books for 8 months straight!
    Maybe that's where i've seen it. lol. I never know who is writing a book for the most part unless i am already following it and certain names i like i have to google cause i'm like terrible with names. several times i had to google Chris Cantwell when i talked about gold goblin or Thanos Death note despite reading other stuff from him. But i finally got his name now. lol

It's a good time to be a Storm fan. It's a good time to be an X-fan. I'm so hopped up i even bought a wolverine issue this week. still got to read that, captain marvel, photon and a few others. Good comics make people want more comics.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    consider it done. No need to ask Storm fan or not....there is only ONE thing to do here....Buy it frame it cgc it and prepare the altar ---
    YAY!!! It's for the Cause hopefully Marvel get's the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yep you gotta do this for the future. Even if it ain't good still buy and read, spread the word. Let you family and friends buy it. Because we nerd them to understand that the people are hungry.
    So, have you read Ann Nocenti work? I don't know her or him? They?

Maybe that's where i've seen it. lol. I never know who is writing a book for the most part unless i am already following it and certain names i like i have to google cause i'm like terrible with names. several times i had to google Chris Cantwell when i talked about gold goblin or Thanos Death note despite reading other stuff from him. But i finally got his name now. lol

It's a good time to be a Storm fan. It's a good time to be an X-fan. I'm so hopped up i even bought a wolverine issue this week. still got to read that, captain marvel, photon and a few others. Good comics make people want more comics.
    I'm usually so bad with writers' names but I was literally just listening to a podcast about Nocenti creating Longshot. LOL!

If you can't get Claremont to write punk Storm, Nocenti is next in line to do it. Punk Storm debuted around '83 I believe and she was editing Uncanny '84-'88.
    Last edited by JB; 01-13-2023 at 02:30 PM.

that last part.....Nocenti is brave -- thats world war III in the making... ahahaha

IMG_20230114_053254.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm usually so bad with writers' names but I was literally just listening to a podcast about Nocenti creating Longshot. LOL!

If you can't get Claremont to write punk Storm, Nocenti is next in line to do it. Punk Storm debuted around '83 I believe and she was editing Uncanny '84-'88.
    Nocenti's first issue as an Assistant Editor was #182, I believe -- that's the beginning of the story where Storm gets shot by the power-losing gun, and 10ish issues after Punk Storm debuted. (She became main editor just a couple issues later.) This would have to be set basically just before Nocenti came on.

FWIW for those who don't recognize her name, Nocenti was the editor for basically the golden era of the book -- Simonson's tenure as editor had some of Claremont's great early stuff but Nocenti's goes from around Lifedeath to about 6 months before Inferno -- it's almost exactly aligned with the peak Claremont run give or take a few months on each side, and the slow destruction of the book begins pretty quickly once she's off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    So, have you read Ann Nocenti work? I don't know her or him? They?
    Her, I haven't really read her personal work, but I know that all the uncanny issues from 1984 to 1988 were edited by her. She was one of the forces behind Claremont that pushed for storm to be kept the focal centre if the xmen. She also pushed for many female xcharachters to be given more prominent roles. She really is the ****. She created longshot, mojo and the entire mojoverse which is something that most shows now try to mimic.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

that last part.....Nocenti is brave -- thats world war III in the making... ahahaha

IMG_20230114_053254.jpg
    Fall in love that will likely be yukio.

ooooh that didn't even cross my mind. But since finding out about demi sexual i like to believe that is where Storm falls. So let's go. lol Except with the added physical bonus cause thats the one thing in the term that don't make sense to me. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

IMG_20230114_053254.jpg
    I'm not exactly sure how you can top all the other Feats Storm has DONE, but I mean YAY let's See it.

Her, I haven't really read her personal work, but I know that all the uncanny issues from 1984 to 1988 were edited by her. She was one of the forces behind Claremont that pushed for storm to be kept the focal centre if the xmen. She also pushed for many female xcharachters to be given more prominent roles. She really is the ****. She created longshot, mojo and the entire mojoverse which is something that most shows now try to mimic.
    REALLY!? WOW Well Thank You Ann :-) Well, sounds good to me. Let's see what this Gives.

ooooh that didn't even cross my mind. But since finding out about demi sexual i like to believe that is where Storm falls. So let's go. lol Except with the added physical bonus cause thats the one thing in the term that don't make sense to me. lol
    Yep I have always said ororo's true great loves were tachala an yukio. Like yukio did something to ororo that no one had ever been able to do, actually help her cultivate a new outlook and mindset. And I already told yall that our girl is one thing above everything else, she is stubborn. So for yukio to be able to do that is a feat! But it could also mean that she falling in love with herlsef. Punk storm really was a fun time but it was very rough on ororo she had severe doubt on who she was and anytime she made progress she was set back like ten steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how you can top all the other Feats Storm has DONE, but I mean YAY let's See it.

REALLY!? Crazy how i've never heard of her......OK. Well, sounds good to me. Let's see what this Gives.
    Yeah I wouldn't have known of her if I never watched that Claremont documentary a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Nocenti's first issue as an Assistant Editor was #182, I believe -- that's the beginning of the story where Storm gets shot by the power-losing gun, and 10ish issues after Punk Storm debuted. (She became main editor just a couple issues later.) This would have to be set basically just before Nocenti came on.

FWIW for those who don't recognize her name, Nocenti was the editor for basically the golden era of the book -- Simonson's tenure as editor had some of Claremont's great early stuff but Nocenti's goes from around Lifedeath to about 6 months before Inferno -- it's almost exactly aligned with the peak Claremont run give or take a few months on each side, and the slow destruction of the book begins pretty quickly once she's off of it.
    The golden era is the best way to describe it and you can feel things started to change once she left. She and Claremont made beautiful music together.

given the timeframe it is hinting -- like I said WWIII -- ps not gonna hype anything -- ill wash my hands -- but is not as if the topic about Storm's love relationship is not small wars to begin with---