Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Poison Ivy Appreciation 2023 | A Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley Joint

HAPPY NEW YEAR, POISON IVY LEAGUE!

We're coming off 2022, which was inarguably the biggest year for Dr. Pam Isley since 1997 when she made her big screen debut, was all over the Batman and Robin merchandising blitz, and had comic one-shots and TNBA episodes to capitalize on her boosted pop culture status.

Last year saw the return of Lake Bell's Ivy in Season 3 of the very popular Harley Quinn animated series, the most Ivy-centric season yet. She also made an appearance on the kid-oriented Batwheels, receiving her very own musical number! In addition, Ivy made a live action appearance on the small screen, with fan favorite actress Bridget Reagan playing her on Batwoman. On the comics side, she received her second mini series, which proved to be one of DC's biggest titles of the year, both commercially and critically, prompting an extension from the original 6 issues to 12, which will run until May of this year. She continued to be a co-lead in spin-off comics based on the show, including the mini Legion of Bats, that picked up where Season 3 left off with Ivy forming her own branch (no pun) of the Legion of Doom. Her AU appearances in Dark Knights of Steel, Catwoman: Lonely City and Scooby-Doo were also fun.

2023 so far seems to be an extension of Ivy's success in 2022, with her being one of the biggest players in a line wide DC event for the very first time, Lazarus Planet, that will run until April. Her extended solo will run until at least May. She will also have a story in the spring special DC's Legion of Bloom out in March.

On the TV front, there's also a special Valentine's episode focusing on Harlivy dropping in February. And of course, a promised Season 4 of the show is expected to premiere this year (possibly in summer?) as it has been teased to be closer than expected.

Finally, the elephant in the room that is Ivy's return to live action movies. Margot Robbie's future as Harley Quinn in the DCU is uncertain for the time being but she has committed to bringing back Poison Ivy to the movies if she gets a chance to play Harley again. There's also fan demand for Ivy to be included in the sequel to The Batman.

Whatever the future holds for the Queen of the Green, it sure seems to be an exciting one!

Links to older appreciation threads:
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2022
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2021
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2020
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2019
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2018
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-01-2023 at 07:15 AM.

Happy New Year to the Queen of Green !

(Also one of those images is Sam from Danny Phantom, I think ).

Hoping 2023 will be a bountiful year for Ivy

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2023 will be a bountiful year for Ivy

Even though her TNBA redesign was better than Catwomans....I still hate how they messed up this perfect version of her. I prefer my Ivy to be "human" and not straight up plant

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even though her TNBA redesign was better than Catwomans....I still hate how they messed up this perfect version of her. I prefer my Ivy to be "human" and not straight up plant
    It's always an interesting rub with Ivy...how far they should lean into her being human or how far they should lean into her being a plant.

They really dropped an unironic Poison Ivy NFT, DC is so unserious sometimes

Dang it WB, not an NFT .

Extraordinary Member

Congratulations to miss Isley

she been consistently one of the best selling females in all of comics
    its must be tough tho she cant be a full bad guy or a good guy so she just her how can DC capitalize on that

The Top Female Lead Titles
    30 Poison Ivy #5 (Of 6) (DC Comics)

64 Punchline The Gotham Game #1 (Of 6) (DC Comics)

66 Wakanda #1 (Of 5) (Marvel Comics)

82 Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #5 (Of 5) (Marvel Comics)

92 Captain Marvel #42 (Marvel Comics)

2022 was indeed a great year for Ivy!!!

I sure do hope the trend continues. I loved her mini and I'm dying to know where it goes next. Also very curious to the size of her role in Lazarus Planet.

As for live action, I hope they do her right. I'm not a super fan of Margot Robbie as Harley, so I hope the new DC CU takes a more serious approach on Pamela. Her being on The Batman sequel would be very chic. But a well done super powered version of her could also be cool. The most important is to choose the right actress. Ana Taylor-Joy, Eva Green, Jessica Chasten or Ana de Armas could all be good choices IMO
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    2022 was indeed a great year for Ivy!!!

I sure do hope the trend continues. I loved her mini and I'm dying to know where it goes next. Also very curious to the size of her role in Lazarus Planet.

As for live action, I hope they do her right. I'm not a super fan of Margot Robbie as Harley, so I hope the new DC CU takes a more serious approach on Pamela. Her being on The Batman sequel would be very chic. But a well done super powered version of her could also be cool. The most important is to choose the right actress. Ana Taylor-Joy, Eva Green, Jessica Chasten or Ana de Armas could all be good choices IMO
    For as brief as her time on the show was, I think Batwoman had a solid live-action Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For as brief as her time on the show was, I think Batwoman had a solid live-action Ivy.
    Even though I really don't like the CW shows, I agree it was a good direction for the character and the actress was not bad.

I just read issues #8 of the Poison Ivy mini and I really love the writing in this. Very focused story. I like getting a sense of Pamela's mind. And even though I prefer the art on the first six issues, here it works as well...so disturbing.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, POISON IVY LEAGUE!

We're coming off 2022, which was inarguably the biggest year for Dr. Pam Isley since 1997 when she made her big screen debut, was all over the Batman and Robin merchandising blitz, and had comic one-shots and TNBA episodes to capitalize on her boosted pop culture status.

Last year saw the return of Lake Bell's Ivy in Season 3 of the very popular Harley Quinn animated series, the most Ivy-centric season yet. She also made an appearance on the kid-oriented Batwheels, receiving her very own musical number! In addition, Ivy made a live action appearance on the small screen, with fan favorite actress Bridget Reagan playing her on Batwoman. On the comics side, she received her second mini series, which proved to be one of DC's biggest titles of the year, both commercially and critically, prompting an extension from the original 6 issues to 12, which will run until May of this year. She continued to be a co-lead in spin-off comics based on the show, including the mini Legion of Bats, that picked up where Season 3 left off with Ivy forming her own branch (no pun) of the Legion of Doom. Her AU appearances in Dark Knights of Steel, Catwoman: Lonely City and Scooby-Doo were also fun.

2023 so far seems to be an extension of Ivy's success in 2022, with her being one of the biggest players in a line wide DC event for the very first time, Lazarus Planet, that will run until April. Her extended solo will run until at least May. She will also have a story in the spring special DC's Legion of Bloom out in March.

On the TV front, there's also a special Valentine's episode focusing on Harlivy dropping in February. And of course, a promised Season 4 of the show is expected to premiere this year (possibly in summer?) as it has been teased to be closer than expected.

Finally, the elephant in the room that is Ivy's return to live action movies. Margot Robbie's future as Harley Quinn in the DCU is uncertain for the time being but she has committed to bringing back Poison Ivy to the movies if she gets a chance to play Harley again. There's also fan demand for Ivy to be included in the sequel to The Batman.

Whatever the future holds for the Queen of the Green, it sure seems to be an exciting one!

Links to older appreciation threads:
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2022
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2021
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2020
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2019
    Poison Ivy Appreciation 2018
    Havent been active here for quite awhile, but it's so nice to see how active this thread still is with so many dedicated people. That's a great summary, so thank you for that!
    One think we can likely add is Ivy in games with one trailer for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League heavily hinting at her inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

its must be tough tho she cant be a full bad guy or a good guy so she just her how can DC capitalize on that

I am still impressed how well this book is doing and how well like it is received. It is holding up fantastic (especially for a mini) and even jumps up 20 spots with issue 7. An I guess the "Harley issue" will do even better:

08 Poison Ivy #1
    17 Poison Ivy #2
    22 Poison Ivy #3
    24 Poison Ivy #4
    30 Poison Ivy #5
    40 Poison Ivy #6
    20 Poison Ivy #7

Hope DC will follow up on this series with another extension or a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her own musical number, that's another first for Ivy which is pretty cool (even though the voice and attitude reminds me more of Harley than Ivy).
    Last edited by Green Ghost; 01-16-2023 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I guess Scarlet Witch will eventually take her crown as the highest selling female solo but Ivy will easily be DC's top selling lady till her book runs. Which is not shabby for Pam considering Wanda led her own Emmy nominated live action show and appears in multiple theatrical movies.