Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

And some more covers for #12

Poison Ivy #12 variant cover by Jenny Frison

Poison Ivy #12 variant cover by Xermánico

Poison Ivy #12 variant cover by Mateus Manhanini

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to Ivy on becoming an ongoing and for DC finally taking the jump with her and Harley in a official capacity

Now we just have to see what that means from here, will Ivy stop being a villain, stop killing, or will Batman just ignore her crimes this point forward

I hope she doesn’t change. I like her the way she is and the way she see things. I don’t think she should go crazy, but people should be worried about crossing her. Congratulations to her getting an ongoing! Now all of the sirens seem to have they’re own books now! We definitely need a crossover immediately!

Figures the ongoing announcement comes on the one day that I couldn't be online but overjoyed regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I hope she doesn’t change. I like her the way she is and the way she see things. I don’t think she should go crazy, but people should be worried about crossing her. Congratulations to her getting an ongoing! Now all of the sirens seem to have they’re own books now! We definitely need a crossover immediately!
    It's crazy to think how popular each individual member of the Sirens is and how a team title will probably become comics' most successful female-led book at this point, even outselling an X-Men book with most of that franchise's big women heavy-hitters.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-11-2023 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's crazy to think how popular each individual member of the Sirens is and how a team title will probably become comics' most successful female-led book at this point, even outselling an X-Men book with most of that franchise's big women heavy-hitters.
    I'm kind of surprised they never did a book for them again post-Flashpoint.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

So glad I happened on to this from the start. Looking forward hopefully to a long and pleasurable experience.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they never did a book for them again post-Flashpoint.
    I figure that Sirens happened due to Harley's first ongoing not selling very well. So it was an alternative way to sell some Harley and to lesser extent Poison Ivy. But since New 52 Harley became a hit and now Ivy has a well selling ongoing as well so maybe Sirens served its purpose by now?

Is there a point to team book when every member has an ongoing? Maybe if they added some new member(s).

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I figure that Sirens happened due to Harley's first ongoing not selling very well. So it was an alternative way to sell some Harley and to lesser extent Poison Ivy. But since New 52 Harley became a hit and now Ivy has a well selling ongoing as well so maybe Sirens served its purpose by now?

Is there a point to team book when every member has an ongoing? Maybe if they added some new member(s).
    If I recall correctly neither Catwoman nor the other two had ongoing books at the time it happened.

But yeah, I guess when all three have solo books, there really isn't much point in a team book. Unless Tini Howard writes it because she's writing 2/3 of the group anyways.

Oh yeah, I thought that third Catwoman series lasted till Flashpoint but it looks like it ended a bit earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Oh yeah, I thought that third Catwoman series lasted till Flashpoint but it looks like it ended a bit earlier.
    It ended much earlier if I recall. Blackest Night had a "resurrected" last issue of Catwoman featuring the Sirens taking on a Black Lantern Black Mask but the ongoing title had wrapped in 2008 even before GCS debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But yeah, I guess when all three have solo books, there really isn't much point in a team book.
    I guess they could have their very own events with the Sirens branding now with all three of their solo titles tying in.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 02-13-2023 at 01:58 AM.

Gabriele Dell'Otto variant for Batman #900

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Gabriele Dell'Otto variant for Batman #900

That is a pretty iconic Batman/Ivy visual .

Ah Pretty Poison, where most of us first saw and fell hook, line and sinker for this beguiling vixen