Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    BANNED

PKJ has been releasing a lot of previews for the next Hulk issue, this being the newest one

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    PKJ has been releasing a lot of previews for the next Hulk issue, this being the newest one

I love the tone of the story so far, from what I've seen from the preview pages on Twitter. I love Banner's voice in those pages, hopefully it's captured throughout. I love the art, but as someone else bought up on another board, Banner looks too old. He's immortal, he really shouldn't age. Marvel needs to rethink his and Hulk's depictions.

I love the Hulk in any genre, it was a long time in coming before Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk run that we got Hulk in a horror setting. For me, there are major differences in horror, psychological thrillers, gore and weird $#!+. Immortal Hulk leaned toward weirdo $#!+ in an extremely awkward way. With that said Hulk was never just set in horror...it was always a mixture. To get him correct you have to...Think Strange!!! Think Fantasy!!!

And keep Banner/Hulk in question...

Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-11-2023 at 01:45 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

And here's another...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    And here's another...

That looks like it could be from a later issue, seems like there is some multi-armed creature on the left side there. I do love how massive Nic makes Hulk look. Someone said it reminds them of Mike Deodato Hulk and i can see it, his Hulk was also a mountain of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That looks like it could be from a later issue, seems like there is some multi-armed creature on the left side there. I do love how massive Nic makes Hulk look. Someone said it reminds them of Mike Deodato Hulk and i can see it, his Hulk was also a mountain of muscle.
    Yeah, Nic's style does feel familiar...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but off the top of my head, it feels a little like a mix of... JR Jr & David Finch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    And here's another...

Paul Pelletier and Mike Deodato vibes are what I'm getting from Nic Klein's HULK. The perfect embodiment of raw power and a mountain of muscle.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The preview pages of Hulk's transformation while there's singing and some other noise increasing in volume kind of reminds me of the original transformation, which was accompanied by the Geiger counter going nuts.

Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-14-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The preview pages of Hulk's transformation while there's singing and some other noise increasing in volume kind of reminds me of the original transformation, which was accompanied by the Geiger counter going nuts.

LOL I laughed so hard at Hulk swatting him away and calling him a insect. Hulk has some of the most unintentional funny bits in Marvel history. Is that Rock Jones he's swatting away?

Default The Complete Destruction Of The Gamma Science Lore...

The idea that you can mix-match any gamma bodied being to any other gamma bodied being is the destruction of the beauty of what gamma rays used to said to have done. In the past, before Immortal Hulk, characters have absorbed psychic psionic energy, were transformed by Bruce Banner's gamma blood, absorbed nutrients from Banner and had grafts placed on them that gave them "their own personal" gamma irradiated bodies and look. Samson running around in Sasquatch's body and vice versa has completely destroyed the beautiful idea of 'The Psychological Ramifications Of Gamma Radiation.' A theme that needs to be put back in place, when one takes into account the The Incredible Hulk is a concept semi conceived in that plays heavily on the psychological science in, 'The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde.'
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-14-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    LOL I laughed so hard at Hulk swatting him away and calling him a insect. Hulk has some of the most unintentional funny bits in Marvel history. Is that Rock Jones he's swatting away?
    Yep. Rick was there from day #1.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Default What If...Marvel Understood The Lost Science Of Gamma...

The Potential ~ The Imagination = The Shape Of Things To Come (all but completely ruined)...

Default Cathexis Ray Generator - Siphon...Psionic...Psychic...Energy...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    The Potential ~ The Imagination = The Shape Of Things To Come (all but completely ruined)...

Where are these panels from?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Where are these panels from?
    They're from What If General Ross Had Become The Hulk? #1