Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

where's my boy Joe!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    PKJ released the most interesting preview i have seen yet

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...35318426329303

Brother deep seems like some Cthulu monster and who the hell is this golden god with green eyes that tore him apart and cast him on Earth? TOBA?
    PKJ's run just keeps getting better! Hulk fighting some a Eldritch Horror/Monster God as massive as a mountain/landscape! Plus, more intriguing lore/mythology!

That is a gorgeous spread!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Damn, that's a contender to replace my green McFarlane Hulk as a desktop background.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    PKJ released the most interesting preview i have seen yet

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...35318426329303

Brother deep seems like some Cthulu monster and who the hell is this golden god with green eyes that tore him apart and cast him on Earth? TOBA?
    I think it was TOBA/TOAA. By the end of Immortal, they were both established to be different personalities of the same being (akin to the Hulks/Bruce, unless I misread #50), So my line of thinking is The Golden God (TOAA) With Green Eyes (TOBA) is both TOBA and TOAA working in cohesion with one another.

If this is true, then hopefully it means that Brother Deep will be one hell of a threat.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm glad more monster foes are being created. Hope that there are several more new ones to come.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm glad more monster foes are being created. Hope that there are several more new ones to come.
    PKJ spoke that there will be quite a few, he has had fun creating new monsters. Brother Deep is definitely a new one, from solicits there is also one new at least that's huge and lives in the swamps. There will probably be plenty more after that to look forward to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    where's my boy Joe!?
    Joe’s right there on the left. He’s the gray Hulk. The artist just didn’t put him in his suit cause he’s the same personality regardless.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Joe’s right there on the left. He’s the gray Hulk. The artist just didn’t put him in his suit cause he’s the same personality regardless.
    No pinstripes, blasphemous

As I mentioned he's still kind of physically distinct at least when he's grey (In his new red/green form or as Banner with added hair, not so much)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Nice find. I like that Skaar was included in this as well. More Skaar and Hulk interaction is always welcome for me.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Issue #3 was another solid book. It continues from the last issue and we get to see the Hulk break bad against the zombies from the church and then take on Cthulhu-like horror. We also get to see some characterization with some back and forth between him and Charlie. It reveals a little more of his character and while he definitely exudes the "Hulk wants to be left alone" vibe, you get to see a little of the hero that is buried deep inside. He expresses a definite resignation at having to play that part but the Hulk still does it anyway. Bruce didn't appear in this issue which was interesting. I would give it a 9/10.

I continue to greatly enjoy this. Hulk beating the **** out of Cthulhu feels like a good middle ground between the bombastic superhero storytelling of Cates and the horror of Ewing. Hulk isn't entertaining groupies this time around since he tells Charlie to **** off instead of humoring her like he did Jackie. Charlie being a friend to Hulk and antagonistic with Bruce would be a good way to differentiate her from the human supporting cast that Ewing used. Also was that a One Below All reference regarding who beat Brother Deep the first time around? Eager to get more details on what went down between the OBA and the Mother of Horrors.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've been quietly following the new Hulk series from time to time. Issue 3 had me like "Hulk made a new friend!" I wonder what kind of influence Hulk will have on the kid? If I had my way it would see her smash Wolverine's skull over and over again with Hulk in the background nodding his approval. Rick Jones is about to be replaced.

Also I had a question. Which Hulk persona is in control during this new series?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post

Grabbing something incorporeal is impossible even by comic book's suspension of disbelief standards. ..

Its not even close to the weirdest things in comics lol