Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1232
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    I absolutely love how horrific a metamorphosis this was!! Extremely creative. I'm sure some purists will hate it. "Not how Stan and Jack did it! Harumph!" lol
    That towers over the issue #372 transformation and goes to an entirely new level...

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Major spoilers for the latest issue of She-Hulk below. Ya'll brace yourselves.

spoilers:
    She-Hulk ended on a cliffhanger of Hulk being tossed into a building and the building collapsing on him. The entire building mind you. I don't know guys. Hulk has survived so many things in the past. Fights with Thor, Sentry, Juggernaut, heck the entire superhero community. He's fought on alien planets and beaten just about everything, but this time I think he's met his match. That was a sturdy building and I fear for Bruce/Hulk. To end the issue on such a cliffhanger. I just hope Hulk is okay and survived it. Let's cross our fingers and hope :P

In all seriousness I enjoyed seeing Hulk and She-Hulk interact. Which Hulk personality is in control right now? I'm assuming it's a version of Savage Hulk?
    end of spoilers
    PKJ is writing the Hulk like it’s the Pak Hulk, so I guess Green Scar/Worldbreaker. My headcanon is that it’s the Guilt Hulk though, but I welcome either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Byrne is not a fan of change, is he?
    His FF run destroyed the Baxter Building, made Invisibile girl into Invisible Woman (And increased her powers and team standing), temporarily made She-Hulk a member and had Johnny start a relationship with Alicia Masters (Although that last bit was retconned by Defalco)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    His FF run destroyed the Baxter Building, made Invisibile girl into Invisible Woman (And increased her powers and team standing), temporarily made She-Hulk a member and had Johnny start a relationship with Alicia Masters (Although that last bit was retconned by Defalco)
    So he's only a fan if he changes it, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Current Hulk’s obsession with “punishing” Bruce reminds me of Guilt Hulk. Not what PKJ is going to do but I think I’ll headcanon this Hulk as being that guy, in a similar way as how Ewing revamped Devil Hulk.

Baller transformation sequence here, up there with some of my favorite ones in Immortal Hulk. New Ghost Rider being a “guardian devil” is a cool concept and I love his look! Didn’t recognize the monster, clearly he’s new and from Mexican folklore I imagine? Looked like a bondage weretroll or some such
    This is a dope transformation scene.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

https://x.com/phillipkjohnson/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    The creature that Hulk and GR44 face, the “WAR DEVIL,” came from my first Marvel story, a 10-pager with Rafael Albuquerque, Andres Mossa, Ken Bruzenak, and editor Nick Lowe. It was inspired by the service of a friend of a friend, an Army Ranger who died tragically soon after.

The original story didn't include a literal monster, at least not one we could see. It was an original folk tale that examines PTSD as a creature that passes from host to host through spilled blood. The "War Devil" Jinni Dagaal spawned not just PTSD, but the concept of WAR, also.

#IncredibleHulk #6, "WAR DEVIL," represents to me the magic that comics are capable of: stories about our world that deeply matter, made engaging, exciting, and relatable by amazing artists. I hope you all love INCREDIBLE HULK #6. As always, many thanks for all the support
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kind of funny Hulk blood was so sought after in the Bruce Jones run and in the She-Hulk TV show (although neither are really canon to the current Hulk comics) when Hulk is just leaving husks of Banner from the transformations all over the place these days.

(BTW I think this happens the other way around too, Joe did it with the Savage Hulk when they escaped from Gyrich).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-24-2023 at 07:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's weird to me that the characters in She-Hulk wanted to be Hulks, given the high probability of it going horribly wrong.

She-Hulk was a rage monster for a time, and Dr. Samson is probably the only one with a long term positive outcome. I can't imagine he never published a paper on why gamma has such dangerous outcomes.

You'd think that they'd aim a little lower, and copy Wonder Man's ionic powers. It has a firmer basis in science and more reliable outcome if done right. Gamma is automatically rolling the dice.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's weird to me that the characters in She-Hulk wanted to be Hulks, given the high probability of it going horribly wrong.

She-Hulk was a rage monster for a time, and Dr. Samson is probably the only one with a long term positive outcome. I can't imagine he never published a paper on why gamma has such dangerous outcomes.

You'd think that they'd aim a little lower, and copy Wonder Man's ionic powers. It has a firmer basis in science and more reliable outcome if done right. Gamma is automatically rolling the dice.
    Thats cause the MCU adapted the Ultimate origin for Hulk, so Bruce made a serum in an attempt to replicate the super soldier serum and thats how he turned into a Hulk.

As a result the classic depictions of Gamma radiation are downplayed, not helped that because Thor can't get his own movies we didn't get any new villain of his. So when She-Hulk did the blood transfer origin they also wanted to do a satire of evil version of the hero villains with Tod successfully turning himself into a Hulk, despite normally ingesting himself with the blood would turn him into a deformed monster than a perfect Hulk clone.

Ultimate Member

Was there a reason The Incredible Hulk #5 Souza Comunidades Variant got axed and replaced with Hulking variant?

I just got my books today and that cover was there despite me ordering the Powerman cover. Then I looked on Midtown and the cover is not even listed.

Samson had a theory in Immortal Hulk that hypothesizes that those who got their gamma directly from Bruce carry parts of his MPD/DID, hence why She-Hulk, Cho, Rick, Jen, and himself had "savage" versions despite not having that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Nice finds! Hulk has some of the best fan-art out there!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Samson had a theory in Immortal Hulk that hypothesizes that those who got their gamma directly from Bruce carry parts of his MPD/DID, hence why She-Hulk, Cho, Rick, Jen, and himself had "savage" versions despite not having that.
    Even if that were true, how many good outcomes have there been with gamma?

Leader? Nope.

Madman? Nope.

Abomination? Nope.

Jen and Samson seem to be outliers. I understand the appeal a Hulk would have to military folk, but to people who wanna bootstrap themselves up to superhuman? Not seeing the logical appeal

Day late but a Tues is just Mon’s twin anyway