Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

So wait, is Veronica supposed to be Betty and Archie's Betty supposed to be Jarella? Why isn't she green?

Speaking of Ross there's a picture from Captain America 4's production of Ford on set with Mackie looking at some camera screens; no mustache for Ford but it's possible he's not in costume although Mackie is.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

The closet in my twins' room holds a lot of my old toys and posters, so while doing some spring cleaning, I just stumbled across this. Corners have seen better days, but oh the memories...

Fantastic Member

I remember redrawing that poster back in the day for a recycling contest at school. I had the Hulk pushing bags of garbage aside, cans, candy wrappers, etc.

I won first place

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

RIP John Romita Sr.

Fantastic Member

I know it's been discussed a lot over the years but we might finally have some movement on the Hulk's film rights.

https://twitter.com/DisneyPlus/statu...IRCoRUZSg&s=19

I think this basically confirms it considering the movie released on June 14, 2008, and we are now at the 15 year period of that ending just like the SEC filing implied.

Also, the VOD listings for the film have been removed from iTunes and Amazon.

----

The aforementioned SEC deal with Paramount notes its distribution agreement "for an initial period of 15 years commencing on the initial Theatrical Exhibition of such Picture:"

"6. Distribution Term: Paramount shall have the right to exercise its Paramount Distribution Rights with respect to each Picture for an initial period of 15 years commencing on the initial Theatrical Exhibition of such Picture (the 'Initial Distribution Term');"

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/15/ex...edible-hulk-1/

Preview for next week start of the new run

BANNED

Even if Hulk were to fall back into Disney/Marvel hands completely tomorrow, i think people underestimate just how little of a desire Disney has to make another Hulk movie regardless of the outcome, not to mention the apathy towards it that fans like me have to ever seeing a Hulk movie again.

With the state of current MCU if you were to give me a magic button to press and have Disney announce they are making a new Hulk movie, I'd opt not to press it. Imagine how bad, sterile and cringe a Planet Hulk or WWH or Future Imperfect or Immortal Hulk movie/series would be.

Anyway the preview looks good, although we have seen all those pages on twitter before, still I am super excited to read the first issue.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 06-15-2023 at 12:50 PM.

I’m more invested in the idea of Hulk getting a new cartoon than I am in the idea of another Hulk movie at this point. I don’t trust Feige to do a good job and make a good Dark Hulk film that would appeal to my tastes. Least we are hopefully on the verge of another great Hulk run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Preview is out...even though we've seen bits and pieces over the couple of months.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/15/ex...edible-hulk-1/

Definitely 'sounds' like Green Scar. Devil of course has a soft spot for Banner so it probably isn't him (Unless he "Came back wrong" somehow) and while Joe is green/red now he doesn't really act like that anymore.

Could be Hydra Hulk who Devil was keeping suppressed but I think that incarnation wasn't a talking one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Definitely 'sounds' like Green Scar. Devil of course has a soft spot for Banner so it probably isn't him (Unless he "Came back wrong" somehow) and while Joe is green/red now he doesn't really act like that anymore.

Could be Hydra Hulk who Devil was keeping suppressed but I think that incarnation wasn't a talking one.
    Philip did touch on this a while back...

"And re: Green Scar: basically, yes. So far we haven't specified but that's easily the closest voice to the one we're using."

Astonishing Member

So the first issue came out, what you think?, I enjoyed it and it definitely is horror, the art is so good, and well it did drew me in for the 2nd issue.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

First issue was interesting! Of course it's mostly just setup and such so there's not much to gleam from, but I've very much interested in how the One Below All and the Mother of Horrrs are connected and how exactly that involves Hulk. I may need to reread it again, but it sounds like the Hulk maybe was originally created by the MoH and TOBA bonded with him via Gamma?

I'm not sure how I feel about Charlene potentially being a Jackie Mcgee-esque sidekick. The reason Jackie worked was because she was a more "grounded" counter-balance to the Hulk and a different perspective on the consequences of his destruction.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 06-21-2023 at 12:01 PM.

I enjoyed the first issue! We’re back to Hulk as a horror book as PKJ outlined in his page at the end:

Seeing all the callbacks to Immortal Hulk excites me, this is very much a direct sequel to that run as PKJ has said. Seems that while OBA claims the Hulk’s “soul” via his gamma, the Mother of Horrors claims his body. That’s an interesting way to introduce another ancient horror with ties to Hulk, hope we don’t have to wait long to get more details on that. Only big left turn from what Ewing did is that PKJ is running with the Cates reset of the Hulk/Banner relationship by very much making Hulk and Bannee foes. If it’s Green Scar who is back, that works because Green Scar also fought with Bruce over the body during Planet Hulk, and won which is why Bruce got locked up. Seeing Scar trash that diner just because Bruce felt a moment of happiness there was extreme, but not too out there considering what Bruce put Hulk through under Cates.

I’m on board for this run and excited to see where PKJ goes! Can’t wait for Hulk and Man-Thing to fight