From Phillip's Twitter:

Phillip Kennedy Johnson @PhillipKJohnson
    "Daddy say 'God,'
    Mama say 'Praise him'
    Daddy say 'Lord,'
    Mama say 'Raise him'
    Daddy say, 'Dig, dig, dig,
    'til he come into his own...'"

FOC for INCREDIBLE HULK #3 next weekend!

I didn't realize until now what a giant Nik's Hulk is...

Wow...I'm seeing the same problems I personally had with Immortal Hulk come back to haunt me...

1) Hulk is way too big. He looks fifteen to twenty feet tall...

2) I hate the colors in those images. It's a far cry from Matthew Wilson on Thor...
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-18-2023 at 07:26 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

The Hulk's size doesn't bother me, the visual works for me here.

He can be anywhere from Banner-sized to... Planet-sized, so whatever fits the feel the artist wants to go for is fine by me. Some of the giant horror-show versions of the Hulk during the Immortal run I thought were a cool spin on the character. I'm kinda hoping we'll see Nik's take on a Lovecraftian Hulk. (Temporarily, ofc... )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    I didn't realize until now what a giant Nik's Hulk is...
    It might be the biggest Hulk we have if this depiction stays consistent throughout and honestly i love it. I always preferred Hulk to be larger than any of the other heroes, it kinda fit with him being a monster. One of my favorite images is where Hulk is so big he can wrap his palm around Thors entire torso

Images like these make me believe he can genuinely take on a team of heroes/villains by himself, that he is a legitimate threat larger than life, an unstoppable force of nature.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It might be the biggest Hulk we have if this depiction stays consistent throughout and honestly i love it. I always preferred Hulk to be larger than any of the other heroes, it kinda fit with him being a monster. One of my favorite images is where Hulk is so big he can wrap his palm around Thors entire torso

Images like these make me believe he can genuinely take on a team of heroes/villains by himself, that he is a legitimate threat larger than life, an unstoppable force of nature.
    Damn thats a good image, where is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    The Hulk's size doesn't bother me, the visual works for me here.

He can be anywhere from Banner-sized to... Planet-sized, so whatever fits the feel the artist wants to go for is fine by me. Some of the giant horror-show versions of the Hulk during the Immortal run I thought were a cool spin on the character. I'm kinda hoping we'll see Nik's take on a Lovecraftian Hulk. (Temporarily, ofc... )
    Nic Klein's design is fine, but giant sized Hulk really bothers me. Marvel Comics used to have a formula from writing to art...seems like it all went to hell. Hulk means something bulky not something towering. 8 ft max is tall enough.

Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-19-2023 at 06:56 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

That's a great image of a monsterous Hulk! I think he actually works great at that size. He's scary and imposing. A creature you want to avoid at all costs. What's being said about the Hulk in the speech boxes are also something to think about as well. The Hulk roaming free bit despite all the damage he does. What comic is this from?

Marvel Comics are not manga...Characters need to be drawn to their right proportion. Hulk does not need to be fifteen feet tall to take on everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That's a great image of a monsterous Hulk! I think he actually works great at that size. He's scary and imposing. A creature you want to avoid at all costs. What's being said about the Hulk in the speech boxes are also something to think about as well. The Hulk roaming free bit despite all the damage he does. What comic is this from?
    I can't recall the comic book that that came from, but the story is false writer revisionist history on the character of the Hulk. Some junk that Brian Michael Bendis wrote. There was a big discussion on another board years ago wherein fans of Hulk wanted proof. None was ever given. The only times Hulk destroyed a city and it was said people were killed was during John Byrne's run when Doc Samson separated Banner and Hulk and Hulk became completely Mindless. Samson placed the blame on himself. Other than that it has been the regular superhero destruction that everyone has been a part of until Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk run started further ruining the idea that "the creature is wanted for a crime he didn't commit."

Fans need to revisit the early ideas of the creators of these characters so you can see how far off your favorite writer's are from the source material.

Watch the first minute or so to get the true initial idea behind Hulk...
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-19-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Fantastic Member

Hulk appears in the new Venom pinball game:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...&ei=34#image=2

In the mindscape at least, Green Scar (Who this Hulk is supposed to be) was portrayed as larger than Savage Hulk in IMMORTAL HULK. Although this was technically the Leader.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The size of Hulk during Immortal Hulk was plain ridiculous. Devil Hulk was as wide and bulky as the average dual hospital doors and Green Scar was bigger than him?!?!?!

Lee Weeks one of the last great artists on Hulk. He got it right!!!

Perspective = Banner next to Wolverine...

Perspective - Here's Hulk i.e. Green Scar before he was known as "Green Scar" next to Wolverine...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    New Avengers annual 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I can't recall the comic book that that came from, but the story is false writer revisionist history on the character of the Hulk. Some junk that Brian Michael Bendis wrote. There was a big discussion on another board years ago wherein fans of Hulk wanted proof. None was ever given. The only times Hulk destroyed a city and it was said people were killed was during John Byrne's run when Doc Samson separated Banner and Hulk and Hulk became completely Mindless. Samson placed the blame on himself. Other than that it has been the regular superhero destruction that everyone has been a part of until Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk run started further ruining the idea that "the creature is wanted for a crime he didn't commit."
    Hulk has destroyed a city in the Incredible Hulk 2001 annual with one stomp of the foot

He also destroyed it although unintentionally just by swimming causing a massive tidal wave that destroyed a coastline city

I get that you don't like certain tropes about Hulk but unfortunately you are gonna have to live with them, given how popular Al Ewings take on it is in particular, none of this is gonna change any time soon.

Fans need to revisit the early ideas of the creators of these characters so you can see how far off your favorite writer's are from the source material.
    As great as Stan Lee was(and he was actually overrated but that's a different discussion), he wrote Hulk in a Thor comic as a creature that would threaten to smash a woman into paste if Thor didn't drop his hammer to fight him, extremely out of character for Hulk at the time yet written by Stan Lee.

Watch the first minute or so to get the true initial idea behind Hulk...
    Characters evolve over time, no one is the same as when they started. IMO Hulk evolved for the better, to you he didn't, either way we need to live with it. Just how i am not a fan of there being a bunch of Hulks out there and would rather just have Hulk and She-Hulk but it is what it is.

Adam Kubert had Hulk's (Green Scar version) height about right before the Planet Hulk story took place. Maybe a little too bulky. No bigger than this for me...

Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 07-19-2023 at 09:59 AM.