Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm going to call the new "Captain America" movie Hulk: New Universal Deal. Something must be going on with Hulk since they are expanding his roster and bringing old characters back. I'm all for it. Hulk's long overdue for some love. It's just too bad the new Cap film sounds like a Hulk movie in disguise, way more then Ragnarok.
    I just hope they use them well considering how they've handled Bruce and...Ugh, Skaar.

BANNED

I don't know why people fall for it. Hulk himself isn't even mentioned to be in this new Captain America movie. They are just doing what they did for the 3rd Thor movie which is take some characters(and in that movies case setting as well) and give it to Thor. They do this so they would have some benefit from the Hulk IP. This isn't a Hulk movie, this doesn't signal anything new for Hulk, the fact that Universal and Disney couldn't come to a deal when MCU was at the height of it's popularity and money making, tells you that there is no chance they are ever gonna make any deal now. MCU is also dying, very obviously, it's almost certain there wont be any MCU movies in 5 years time, probably less, we will see an occasional Spider-man movie and maybe a show or two with more popular characters and that's about it.

I dunno why people are getting so overly excited, especially given the track record so far with how little MCU cared about the Hulk. The Hulk has been dead in the MCU for a long time and now finally the MCU is dying as well with him. It's just gonna take a few more bombs like the new Ant-Man movie for the Disney executives to realize this as well. Look for the box office for the Marvels movie in November this year, it's probably going to be their biggest bomb yet.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just hope they use them well considering how they've handled Bruce and...Ugh, Skaar.
    Skaar looked hideous. It's how I felt when I first got the glimpse of the Klingons in Star Trek Discovery.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Remember Whedon used Betty's name as the reason for nick-naming the Hulkbuster Veronica (As in Betty & Veronica from Archie)?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    I don't see Bruce being in the CA movie until the end/stinger if they go the route I outline above. There's way too much cast to juggle. That's why I have Betty as dead (to explain her absence all these years and to cut down on cast).. Ross won't be Red Hulk until the end (stinger #2 teasing WWH)

Story will probably be Leader helping Ross from the sidelines like he did with Bruce in TIH (hiding his ID), whispering in his ear ala Mephisto about how these heroes keep getting out of control and making his presence known promising a way to revive her.
    end of spoilers

Well, disregard all of that.. here she is walking around all alive

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/16407...jpg&name=small
    Last edited by Cth; 03-28-2023 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I don't know why people fall for it. Hulk himself isn't even mentioned to be in this new Captain America movie. They are just doing what they did for the 3rd Thor movie which is take some characters(and in that movies case setting as well) and give it to Thor. They do this so they would have some benefit from the Hulk IP. This isn't a Hulk movie, this doesn't signal anything new for Hulk, the fact that Universal and Disney couldn't come to a deal when MCU was at the height of it's popularity and money making, tells you that there is no chance they are ever gonna make any deal now. MCU is also dying, very obviously, it's almost certain there wont be any MCU movies in 5 years time, probably less, we will see an occasional Spider-man movie and maybe a show or two with more popular characters and that's about it.

I dunno why people are getting so overly excited, especially given the track record so far with how little MCU cared about the Hulk. The Hulk has been dead in the MCU for a long time and now finally the MCU is dying as well with him. It's just gonna take a few more bombs like the new Ant-Man movie for the Disney executives to realize this as well. Look for the box office for the Marvels movie in November this year, it's probably going to be their biggest bomb yet.
    Stupidity or blind unattainable hope. I just wish people would stop. Let any hope of good portrayals of the Hulk and his supporting cast of characters die. Just let it go and let it die. Let it perish alongside the MCU.

Having Liv Tyler return isn't going to make myself or anyone else see these films. Oh, yes, I cannot wait to hear Betty drop a lame just every 2 minutes that isn't funny. And I cannot wait for how much of a joke they'll make of The Leader, as I can just hear the lame cucumber & broccoli jokes now. And let's not forget turning Red Hilk into an utter joke, too.

Hard pass. Let these films bomb. Let the MCU die. And keep Kevin Feige and Disney away from anything related to Marvel Comics and its characters. They've done enough horrible damage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Stupidity or blind unattainable hope. I just wish people would stop. Let any hope of good portrayals of the Hulk and his supporting cast of characters die. Just let it go and let it die. Let it perish alongside the MCU.

Having Liv Tyler return isn't going to make myself or anyone else see these films. Oh, yes, I cannot wait to hear Betty drop a lame just every 2 minutes that isn't funny. And I cannot wait for how much of a joke they'll make of The Leader, as I can just hear the lame cucumber & broccoli jokes now. And let's not forget turning Red Hilk into an utter joke, too.

Hard pass. Let these films bomb. Let the MCU die. And keep Kevin Feige and Disney away from anything related to Marvel Comics and its characters. They've done enough horrible damage.
    I have been hearing for a decade now rumors that there would be a WWH movie and nothing happens, ironically as time goes by MCU clearly has less and less interest in Hulk overall, since at least in the first couple of Avengers he was on par with the rest of the characters but after Infinity War he might as well be as dead as Ironman or Cap America. For Disney to get their rights to Hulk they would need to pay over 10 billion dollars, which is insane, they would never see return to profit on that, especially now that MCU popularity is dying rapidly and movies like Avatar, Top Gun, John Wick are taking over cinema again, people are tired of the cape ****. This isn't anything new btw, we have seen this pattern with other movies before, particularly Westerns.

BANNED

I have been hearing for a decade now rumors that there would be a WWH movie and nothing happens, ironically as time goes by MCU clearly has less and less interest in Hulk overall, since at least in the first couple of Avengers he was on par with the rest of the characters but after Infinity War he might as well be as dead as Ironman or Cap America. For Disney to get their rights to Hulk they would need to pay over 10 billion dollars, which is insane, they would never see return to profit on that, especially now that MCU popularity is dying rapidly and movies like Avatar, Top Gun, John Wick are taking over cinema again, people are tired of the cape ****. This isn't anything new btw, we have seen this pattern with other movies before, particularly Westerns.
    Same.

It's just stupid and utterly pointless for people to want anything good of the Hulk in the MCU.

Besides, as if we haven't noticed, Kevin Feige and his cohorts don't give a crap about the comics. Nor do they care about the stories or the mythology/lore of the characters. When I realized many years ago they had no intention of faithfully adapting our characters and stories from the comics, that's when I lost any and all interest.

They don't respect fans and actual comic book collectors, let alone the artists and writers who created the stories & characters, so why should I respect them and waist my time & money on mediocre films?

My advice towards the MCU is the same I have for bad comics. Don't buy them. Don't support them. Don't give them your time, attention or money. You want to hurt Kevin Feige, Disney and the MCU? Do exactly that.

And don't fall for their lame gimmicks or bad shows.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 03-28-2023 at 04:09 PM.

I also wouldn't have any real expectations of the Bill Mantlo Hulk backstory ever making it into the MCU either; it was tried with the Ang Lee film and MCU doesn't seem to really want to go near that (apart from some small things in TIH which made it seem like it might've started out as a sequel to it-Bruce in South America for example). Not only that, but the She-Hulk series had her "Aunt Rebecca" who was alive and well. Although it's not spelled out this is presumably MCU Bruce's mother (The father is mentioned in an Thor Ragnarok deleted scene but doesn't seem anything like Brian although they were estranged before his death).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Oh if the MCU/superhero movies are dying, that actually incentivizes Universal to make a deal. Get that money for Hulk while they still can before the whole capeshit fad dies off (if it ever does). Not that I would trust Feige to do right by Hulk at all regardless however, the MCU’s cookie cutter action comedy pipeline was never a good fit for Hulk. That’s why MCU Hulk sucks so much. Give me a cartoon or a video game over a Ruffalo Hulk movie any day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #-1
    “Grave Matters”
    Cover Date: July 1997
    Sale Date: May 21st, 1997
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Adam Kubert
    Inker: Mark Farmer
    Letterer: John Workman
    Colorist: Dan Brown
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: General “Thunderbolt” Ross, Stan Lee, Betty Ross,
    Villain: Brian Banner
    Synopsis: After collapsing after the tribal battle in the Savage Land, the Hulk “awakens” to find himself in a graveyard. (In reality, he’s still unconscious and with Wolverine on his way back to New York.) He hears someone digging, and comes cross an older gentleman digging a fresh grave. The old man, Stan Lee, asks some questions and then explains the Hulk’s current situation, and that he’s going to show him a long-lost memory called “The Death of Brian Banner”. A horrified Hulk says he doesn’t want to hear it but Stan says too late, time to hear the whole thing. Various stagehands and actors set the scene and the flashback begins as we see Bruce Banner and General Ross meeting and discussing the gamma bomb. Ross begins to bluster about his nickname when they’re interrupted by a phone call. It’s Brian Banner. The flashback is interrupted as the Hulk begins to panic as Stan goes over the abuse Bruce and Rebecca Banner went through. The flashback resumes, as we see Bruce meeting with his father and his doctor. Bruce is angry and cannot believe that Brian has been rehabilitated in any manner. A confused Hulk confesses that he doesn’t remember any of this, and Stan says it’s because it’s a suppressed memory, and then goes over the graveyard scene in issue #312. Hulk agrees that that’s what happened, but Stan says otherwise. We see Bruce and Brian at his apartment, there’s some pretty shady acting by Brian as he eyes the knife Bruce left on the table. Later that night, Bruce begins to doze off at his study, and we see Brian approaching him in the background. General Ross knocks at the door, and startles both Banners, and Bruce is shocked to see his father holding a knife in the reflection of his glasses. Bruce confronts him about it and his excuse it he was using it as protection. Ross enters and says he’s here to follow up on their initial meeting. Brian introduces himself and Ross coldly says, “You’re a murderer, sir. Get out of my sight.” Brian leaves and Bruce tries defending his father to Ross. The general isn’t having it, saying he’s a “spineless milksop” around him and to be a man for his mother’s sake. The flashback is interrupted again and the Hulk says none of this happened. Stan explains it did, and says maybe that the reason since their separation after Onslaught, that he’s been wanting “more” is because he is missing Banner, who maybe helped protect HIM from these memories he’d rather not face. Stan then asks how did Brian Banner die. The Hulk says on the anniversary of his mother’s death. Muggers..he fell…he isn’t sure. The flashback resumes and we see Bruce and Brian have another confrontation, as Bruce wants him to check back into the asylum. Brian loses his cool and Bruce leaves…and the scene shifts to that of the graveyard scene from issue #312. The dialogue is word-for-word from those pages, but we find out that after Brian kicks Bruce, he kicks back. Brian is thrust backwards and cracks his head against Rebecca’s headstone, and dies. The Hulk cries out in despair and denial, as Stan tells everyone to pack up and leave, that for once, the Hulk truly wants to be left alone.
    Commentary: This kicked all kinds of ass. I didn’t really care for a lot of the -1 stories that came out, but this…this mattered. There is no redemption for Brian Banner, we just find out that he was just more demented and conniving than we saw. I do love General Ross’ reaction to meeting him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh if the MCU/superhero movies are dying, that actually incentivizes Universal to make a deal. Get that money for Hulk while they still can before the whole capeshit fad dies off (if it ever does). Not that I would trust Feige to do right by Hulk at all regardless however, the MCU’s cookie cutter action comedy pipeline was never a good fit for Hulk. That’s why MCU Hulk sucks so much. Give me a cartoon or a video game over a Ruffalo Hulk movie any day.
    Yea, except MCU would not want the deal then. If the MCU is dying, the rights to the Hulk wont save them and they know that. So there will be no deal with Universal. MCU wasn't always like this, i urge people if they have the time to rewatch some of the older MCU movies like Ironman, Captain America, Avengers, etc... you are gonna get a whiplash of tone watching them, because while yes obviously these movies had humor, it was nowhere near as much as in todays movies, it also had very serious moments that it treated seriously and most importantly the humor itself wasnt bad. Also you have a very big sense that people actually tried, they gave it all their best cause MCU was not a staple powerhouse back then it was all still uncertain, while now you have generally great directors like Sam Rsimi and Taika Waititi who clearly didn't give a damn about their movies because they thought MCU movies can do no wrong, just make any garbage and it will make over a billion dollars, which resulted in 2 movies not only being terrible movies but also under preforming from the expectations.

Anyway this is going on a tangent rant, so i am gonna cut it short and just say for people that still hold out some hope that Hulk is gonna play a bigger role in the MCU, let alone have his own movies, don't... It's not gonna happen, maybe in 30 years when this cape **** gets revived again and they try all of this over again, until then no.

BANNED

Surprised no one posted this here yet, but some Nic Klein previews for the first issue of the new series.

Very much an Immortal Hulk vibe from it, the monster looks cool and the body horror looks great.

FsYYma7X0AQkQZJ.jpg

Can’t wait to see that beauty colored. PKJ will be at Megacon and he will talk some Hulk with fans, but he said there won’t be any more announcements at this time. If anyone is going to Megacon and has a chance to talk to him, let us know!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

EDIT: CBR's image software sucks.

Larger versions:

https://i.imgur.com/4TjchBO.png

https://i.imgur.com/rhLyWwX.png
    Attached Images Attached Images