Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm interested as well. This most recent volume of Hulk really didn't do it for me, so I'm ready for a change.

Also, what happened with Cates and why did he leave the title?
    He pulled a Zack Brannigan on all of his readers and on both Hulk & Thor titles.

BANNED

Further evidence that this run is going to be great! I love how PKJ calls Hulk the Apex Predator of Monsters in the Marvel Universe! This is gonna be incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm interested as well. This most recent volume of Hulk really didn't do it for me, so I'm ready for a change.

Also, what happened with Cates and why did he leave the title?
    Personal business apparently, he bailed on all of his Marvel books for a while. He’s back on Thor now I think.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personal business apparently, he bailed on all of his Marvel books for a while. He’s back on Thor now I think.
    There is a lot of talk over what could be the possible reason over him leaving Marvel, the most prominent theory is his divorce, but i dont wanna speak about it since it was never confirmed.

With that said he isn't back on Thor and there is no indication that he will be any time soon. In fact Thor lost it's entire creative team...

Cates did tease that he will be back doing something at Marvel again, he teased it last year but since then there has been no word on it.

Astonishing Member

Well I just completed my goal. I read all 4 omnibuses of Incredible Hulk PAD his original run. and I quite enjoy it, I read before the Professor era as well as the last quarter of the Kubert era. but first time reading the Fixit era with McFarland, Pueves, and Keown. it was a treat. I read how PAD was fired in 98 and I said to myself, another writer of a long run that made the character a top seller, got screwed over by Harrass.(the other one being Claremont on his X-MEN).

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Well I just completed my goal. I read all 4 omnibuses of Incredible Hulk PAD his original run. and I quite enjoy it, I read before the Professor era as well as the last quarter of the Kubert era. but first time reading the Fixit era with McFarland, Pueves, and Keown. it was a treat. I read how PAD was fired in 98 and I said to myself, another writer of a long run that made the character a top seller, got screwed over by Harrass.(the other one being Claremont on his X-MEN).
    What was the best part of the run for you? For me it was the Pantheon era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

What was the best part of the run for you? For me it was the Pantheon era.

Yeah it was the Pantheon era, so many good issues great art by Dale Keown and Gary Frank. I actually like some of the Pantheon like Atalanta and Cassie.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #469
    “Adaptive Audience”
    Cover Date: October 1998
    Sale Date: August 19th, 1998
    Writer: Joe Casey
    Artist: Javier Pulido
    Inker: Larry Mahlstedt
    Letterer: John Workman
    Colorist: Kevin Somers
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Ringmaster
    Villain: Devlin DeAngelo, Super-Adaptoid
    Synopsis: A bearded and haggard Bruce Banner is on the run after his recent actions at Hulkbuster Base while trying to find the identity of his wife’s killer. While waiting for a subway in L.A., he’s captured by an underworld businessman named Devlin DeAngelo. He makes a living dealing with super villains and willing to find the identity of Betty’s death in exchange for Banner’s services in repairing the Super Adaptoid. Begrudgingly, Banner agrees. A week later, the repairs are made, but DeAgelo had lied; he knew nothing about Betty’s killer. Stoically, Banner sabotages his work and escapes, but the Adaptoid is activated and gives chase. He transforms into the Hulk and they battle for the next few pages until Banner’s new programming kicks in and has him hunt down DeAngelo. Days later, we see a haggard Banner waiting for his food at a small diner when the Ringmaster arrives and hypnotizes him...
    Commentary: Devlin DeAngelo had promise, I liked him. Too bad he became a joke too fast. The Super Adaptoid was an interesting choice, wish he was used during the “Acts of Vengeance” story instead of Grey Gargoyle. Another tolerable issue; wasn’t horrible, wasn’t the greatest, but decent enough to keep me hooked. There’s something about the Hulk in this issue that had me thinking about the `82 cartoon and the live action TV show. Maybe it's the red outfit/pants, maybe it's the Hulk in the driver's seat, still fun. Still no Hulk talk, but that’s not a disqualifier. Think of the fans that survived issues #300-322; there were very, very few instances of a talking Hulk – 80% of it dealt with him going “RRAARRGGHHH!!”

Ultimate Member

Yeah it was the Pantheon era, so many good issues great art by Dale Keown and Gary Frank. I actually like some of the Pantheon like Atalanta and Cassie.
    Ya know, did anyone other than Kurt Buseik use Hulk and the Pantheon together?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    huh? when did Busiek use the Pantheon, which comic issue number?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yep.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/pantheonhulk.htm
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...6)/Appearances
    Last edited by Cth; 05-09-2023 at 06:49 AM.

Capullo drawing Hulk for a cover:

Ultimate Member

huh? when did Busiek use the Pantheon, which comic issue number?
    They were in an issue of Night Thrasher, cameo really, helping Hulk defend an AIDS research company from being evicted

BANNED

Capullo drawing Hulk for a cover:

Now that's a variant for PKJ's INCREDIBLE HULK that I'm definitely getting!

Kind of wonder if the new body horror in Incredible will include the Hulk's transformations again. We pretty much saw him melt, burst out of, turn inside out, grow six heads etc. in Immortal.

In the Cates run I don't think he transformed that much, and most of the gore was the Hulk in the virtual "Engine room" except for a bit in Banner of War.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth