Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydemonic View Post
    he didn’t . In the paul jenkins run, it was revealed that doc samson created the professor personality ( a retcon of the merged hulk being a combination of bruce, savage and gray hulk) in an attempt to cure bruce’s d.i.d

peter david hates this retcon and completely ignores it in the maestro trilogy
    this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think it's pretty much canon that the Hulk personas existed in Bruce before the gamma, in Immortal Hulk there's a scene for example that has "imaginery dad" Devil Hulk (Based on the snake from Milton's "Paradise lost" trying to comfort a young Banner (Who the Savage Hulk is based upon). Joe is based on Bruce watching gangster movies and manifested at times during Banner's college years.

So basically he's suffered from DID before, but the gamma gave them seperate forms and a name.
    So the hulks preexisted in him, but if he would have listened to Tony he wouldn’t have unleashed them then. I got you. Thanks so much for your help.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

INCREDIBLE HULK #3
    PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • NIC KLEIN (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY FRANK MILLER • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY FRANK MILLER
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY FEDERICO VICENTINI
    Hulk faces undead horror as “The Age of Monsters” continues!
    Hulk investigates the creature being worshipped in an abandoned mining town…and finds a primordial horror as large as the mine itself awaiting him, using the town's residents as human shields.
    From the darkest corners of the minds of Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Nic Klein, the first chapter of “The Age of Monsters” culminates in a battle between the Hulk and a monster unlike any he has faced before – but that's only the tip of the iceberg!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Yeah we’re full throttle returning to the body horror. I can’t wait!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

PKJ gave us a very early preview and it looks great. It's filled with references to Immortal Hulk as well in just 3 pages.

Also a bonus panel

Yea the horror is back in full swing.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #472
    “Auld Lang Syne”
    Cover Date: January 1999
    Sale Date: November 18th, 1998
    Writer: Joe Casey
    Artist: Javier Pulido
    Inker: Sean Parsons
    Letterer: John Workman
    Colorist: Jimmy DeLoche
    Editor: Matt Idelson

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Qnax, General Ross, Dr. Katherine Spar, Devlin DeAngelo.
    Villain: The Abomination
    Synopsis: To make it pretty brief, as this sets up the final two issues of the series; Qnax, a former foe of the Hulk in years gone by, has come to Earth in hopes to gain the help of both Bruce Banner and the Hulk to help with the search of the cosmic device known as the Ultimate Machine to save his race. On Earth, General Ross and Dr. Spar begrudgingly accept the help of our underground businessman/dealer Devlin DeAngelo. A gamma source coming from a small town in Arizona sends the military down. Ross goes in alone, but is shocked to find that it isn’t the Hulk at all, it’s the Abomination.
    Commentary: I like the fact that Casey has Banner remember who Qnax is. There were some facepalm moments with previous writers (looking at you, Mantlo!) where he’s encountered a villain or in some cases heroes that has Hulk/Banner not even remotely remember who they were. This is where I put the pom-poms away for cheering the new writer/direction. The Banner/Hulk portion is not something I was enjoying, but I did like the Ross, Spar, DeAngelo interaction.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So how did the last volume of Hulk end? I stopped about half way through. Did Banner stop with that stupid spaceship Hulk thing, or is it just dropped?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    PKJ gave us a very early preview and it looks great. It's filled with references to Immortal Hulk as well in just 3 pages.

Also a bonus panel

Yea the horror is back in full swing.
    It's basically everything that the run following Immortal Hulk should be and more! This run is going to be legendary! Hulk fighting Demons, Primordials, Monsters, Elder Gods and Eldritch Horrors is exactly what we deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    So how did the last volume of Hulk end? I stopped about half way through. Did Banner stop with that stupid spaceship Hulk thing, or is it just dropped?
    Ottley just hit the reset button and handed Bruce over to the next team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ottley just hit the reset button and handed Bruce over to the next team.
    In true modern comic fashion.

Think part of the Cates/Ottley run will be addressed. Mainly, the break in trust between Banner and the Hulk (locking Savage Hulk, and possibly other alters in the "engine room") after he promised Hulk things would be 'different' in Immortal.

Also Banner/Hulk are probably not all that trusted on Earth by the Avengers either.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

An interview with Nic Klein and some cool HULK art!

https://www.youtube.com/live/Q3DGANWuwXo?feature=share

Just kind of speculating here but if Joe does return in some form eventually I kind of want to see him wear the Vegas suit but with his new Hulk form (green skin with red veins) or even his full red form with it.

He's also been one of the Hulks who has been in control of their body for fairly long periods-the earlier Vegas era and as "Sunshine" after Bruce was captured and Devil killed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth