Page 39 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

What is the Green Scar?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

From the looks of how they were trapped in its tomb, the Mother of Horror related beings may have been from that prehistoric Hulk's time

So it looks like Eldest has Betty under her control. Will she still be Harpy or go back to Red She-Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What is the Green Scar?
    The Hulk from Greg Pak’s Planet Hulk.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

GS also showed up in World War Hulk, and then after the Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulk/Red Hulk stuff he was in charge of the "Hulk family"/Incredible Hulks when he became the dominant persona after a period of Banner being depowered again.

This incarnation went dormant for quite a while around 2012 or so but kind of returned in the Immortal Hulk in 2020, but it turned out he was under the control of the Leader. He vanished after that as Joe and Savage took over the title for the last dozen or so issues.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    GS also showed up in World War Hulk, and then after the Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulk/Red Hulk stuff he was in charge of the "Hulk family"/Incredible Hulks when he became the dominant persona after a period of Banner being depowered again.

This incarnation went dormant for quite a while around 2012 or so but kind of returned in the Immortal Hulk in 2020, but it turned out he was under the control of the Leader. He vanished after that as Joe and Savage took over the title for the last dozen or so issues.
    Actually that wasn't the Green Scar in Immortal Hulk. The Leader merely disguised himself as him to better infiltrate the system. The true Green Scar wasn't present and has been dormant since Heart of the Monster...

Until now.

BANNED

PKJ and NK delivered a phenomenal first issue of THE INCREDIBLE HULK!!!

It is definitely the continuation of THE IMMORTAL HULK that we've all wanted desperately.

And it definitely delivers on every level!

There's a lot of questions and mysteries.

According to the Eldest, Hulk is a God, so with that being said, could it be that Hulk is or will become The God of All Monsters?

Furthermore, it's interesting that The Mother of Horrors, The Eldest and the monsters view The One Below All as their most feared and gravest enemy.

Are they creations of The One Below All, or are they creations of TOBA's opposite, The One Above All?

What is their connection? Furthermore, I'm intrigued by how The Mother of Horrors is connected to Demuirge and the Elder Gods & Old Ones that existed.

It's also interesting seeing the parallels and similarities between Charlene and Bruce, especially in regards to their abusive fathers. I wonder if she could be related to Banner?

It's also very surprising to see Betty under the control of The Eldest, who seems like a formidable antagonist given we see her true head/face on the one page as she calls out to the monsters of the Marvel Universe.

We're definitely going to get some big threats and lots of great stories out of this run! Incredible writing and art definitely make this series worthy of THE INCREDIBLE HULK!

I cannot wait to see where it goes from here!
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-21-2023 at 07:37 PM.

While an establishing issue, it looks like it's off to a good start.

Great to see the Green Scar (or at least GS-adjacent) back (finally!) and happy to see it's following up on the themes Immortal introduced. I'm curious to see what the history is there between TOBA & TMOH. Looks like we'll see a mix of new and established monsters in this run. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Hulk run up against some of the MU cosmic horrors.

Not sure about Charlene yet. The parallels to Bruce are clear, but I wonder what she'll bring to the title. They're clearly foreshadowing she'll become a monster herself at some point.

I'm also curious about how Betty was under the control of the Eldest, but they seem to imply she couldn't simply do the same to Bruce. Just the Hulk's natural psychic resistance or something else?

Nic's art sets the right tone, now let's see how he handles Hulk-scale fight scenes.
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 06-21-2023 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What is the Green Scar?
    Green Scar is just the name of the Hulk that appeared during Greg Pak's Planet Hulk and World War Hulk sagas who received a scar on his face fighting the Red King. It was revealed that the scar remained on his face for some time due to a psychosomatic reaction Hulk had from the traumatic events he went through in those stories but has since gone away. Greg Pak said it was the same Hulk that Peter David was last writing which first appeared in issue #447.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 06-21-2023 at 08:51 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    While an establishing issue, it looks like it's off to a good start.

Great to see the Green Scar (or at least GS-adjacent) back (finally!) and happy to see it's following up on the themes Immortal introduced. I'm curious to see what the history is there between TOBA & TMOH. Looks like we'll see a mix of new and established monsters in this run. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Hulk run up against some of the MU cosmic horrors.

Not sure about Charlene yet. The parallels to Bruce are clear, but I wonder what she'll bring to the title. They're clearly foreshadowing she'll become a monster herself at some point.

I'm also curious about how Betty was under the control of the Eldest, but they seem to imply she couldn't simply do the same to Bruce. Just the Hulk's natural psychic resistance or something else?

Nic's art sets the right tone, now let's see how he handles Hulk-scale fight scenes.
    My hope for Charlene is that instead of being Bruce’s morality pet, which would be kinda boring and predictable, she’s actually a bad person and Bruce tries to encourage her to be better. Maybe she’ll actually prefer Hulk to Bruce since I doubt Hulk gives a damn about what she does.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hulk is in September's issue of Wolverine.

WOLVERINE #37
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by JUAN JOSÉ RYP
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    HULK AND WOLVERINE – TOGETHER AGAIN in LAST MUTANT STANDING Part 1!
    Logan's grand tour of the Marvel Universe begins here in the only way it could – face-to-face once more with the INCREDIBLE HULK! But will they meet as friends or enemies? And Wolverine hunts down his remaining three clones from Beast's Weapons of X, for in the end, there can be only one Logan! The perfect jumping on point as Wolverine's new status quo in the FALL OF X kicks into high gear!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Actually that wasn't the Green Scar in Immortal Hulk. The Leader merely disguised himself as him to better infiltrate the system. The true Green Scar wasn't present and has been dormant since Heart of the Monster...

Until now.
    Thought it was possession in part because that's what happened with Rick and Del.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I love the return to this being a horror book again!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hulk is in September's issue of Wolverine.

WOLVERINE #37
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by JUAN JOSÉ RYP
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    HULK AND WOLVERINE – TOGETHER AGAIN in LAST MUTANT STANDING Part 1!
    Logan's grand tour of the Marvel Universe begins here in the only way it could – face-to-face once more with the INCREDIBLE HULK! But will they meet as friends or enemies? And Wolverine hunts down his remaining three clones from Beast's Weapons of X, for in the end, there can be only one Logan! The perfect jumping on point as Wolverine's new status quo in the FALL OF X kicks into high gear!
    Guess we haven't seen these two tussle in a while but last time Logan fought Green Scar it didn't end well.

Well Logan might have numerical advantage this time as the solicit mentions there's four of him!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess we haven't seen these two tussle in a while but last time Logan fought Green Scar it didn't end well.
    Going by the solicitations it doesn't seem like they will fight, but rather Hulk help him bring down the 3 other Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well Logan might have numerical advantage this time as the solicit mentions there's four of him!
    The numerical advantage in this context would be useless if we are being honest. As much as i love the original Hulk vs Wolverine story that introduced Wolverine to most of the readers, the fights never made much sense, it's made even less sense with how broken Hulks healing has become over the years culminating in him being virtually immortal.

A single serious thunderclap would blow a hundred Wolverines to kingdom come, but of course i know for the sake of the story we can't have that.