Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1232

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Blade should show up at some point, team up to fight some monsters.
    Hulk’s showing up in Blade’s book to teach him how to control his vampiric side! Really enjoying Hill Blade thus far, and I hope that the guest appearance is good too. Wouldn’t mind seeing PKJ write Blade bell Hulk at some point though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Variant covers...

Spectacular Member

Danny Earls said he's artist for issues 9, 10 & 11. Klein should now be on 12-15 and then big gap untill 19 which is issue 800. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The positive impact Immortal Hulk has had on Hulk can not be understated. Every now and then i will check how well Hulk is doing on the sales and it's a lot better than almost any other Marvel title that isn't Spider-man or a main X-men team book. Hell it's outselling Superman currently over at DC.

It's kinda amazing, it seems Hulk has become the go to title for people interested in horror, both the body and psychological kind.
    When I first read that Ewing was going with a supernatural theme for Hulk I was somewhat put off because I didn't think I was going to enjoy that take. However, I was pleasantly surprised and overall happy with Immortal Hulk. I am currently enjoying the current Hulk run as well and I like the continuation into the super-natural.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Rick's currently with Genis again in the comics after getting removed from Del in Gamma Flight. Wonder if he'll show up later on in Incredible? Ewing largely stayed away from the Hulk supporting cast in his first year apart from Brian Banner's spirit, but PJK's already brought Betty back in....so maybe Samson (Or "Sasquatch"), Rick etc. will follow.

Also he's already met Wolverine and a She-Hulk thing is coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if he bumps into Ben and the FF given they seem to both be moving around small town America.
    He's more likely to show up in Captain Marvel. Genis actually appeared in the first issue... spoilers:
    And was killed. He lost his Nega-Bands to a thief called Yuna Yang, who was bonded to Carol like Genis and Mar-Vell were to Rick. Was Rick swapping with Genis, or just accompanying him? If the former, he's trapped in the Negative Zone and could meet Carol or Yuna.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hulk getting knocked out by a falling building in today's she hulk might be the funniest thing I've read the whole year.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 11-22-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Checked out the second Bryne run which opened Volume 3 (Volume 1 being the original Hulk miniseries from the 60s, Volume 2 being the Tales to Astonish run renamed)

The Ron Garney artwork is great, but the story about Tyrannus basically controlling and framing Hulk is pretty bad. Although the later issues (Written by Erik Larsen) with the Thing and Wolverine (although this is a Skrull imposter while the real Wolverine is Death at this point) fights are kind of fun, and the Man-Thing/plant people and Hulk befriending an Appalachian prospector kind of have a 1970s-style Hulk charm to them. Of course the whole Chapter One annual is a weird mess (Good Lee Weeks art though) and rightly ignored.

I wonder if Byrne doesn't like writing the Hulk? In both runs he makes it so the Hulk is mostly mute (although in the case of his first one the Hulk was largely mindless at the end of the Mantlo run as well, although with a brief gap when Savage returned before he got seperated from Banner).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Checked out the second Bryne run which opened Volume 3 (Volume 1 being the original Hulk miniseries from the 60s, Volume 2 being the Tales to Astonish run renamed)

The Ron Garney artwork is great, but the story about Tyrannus basically controlling and framing Hulk is pretty bad. Although the later issues (Written by Erik Larsen) with the Thing and Wolverine (although this is a Skrull imposter while the real Wolverine is Death at this point) fights are kind of fun, and the Man-Thing/plant people and Hulk befriending an Appalachian prospector kind of have a 1970s-style Hulk charm to them. Of course the whole Chapter One annual is a weird mess (Good Lee Weeks art though) and rightly ignored.

I wonder if Byrne doesn't like writing the Hulk? In both runs he makes it so the Hulk is mostly mute (although in the case of his first one the Hulk was largely mindless at the end of the Mantlo run as well, although with a brief gap when Savage returned before he got seperated from Banner).
    Byrne thinks Kirby hulk is the only real hulk and ignores later development. He purposely wanted to make hulk a proper monster (hence mindless hulk killing a deer) as he thought Savage hulk loving Bambi was a regression in character.

It was dumb and quickly forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Hulk getting knocked out by a falling building in today's she hulk might be the funniest thing I've read the whole year.
    We don't know that he was KOed, as the issue ends when he slams into the building. At least the one responsible was another Hulk (not Jennifer, but a lady who copied her powers in the previous series).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We don't know that he was KOed, as the issue ends when he slams into the building. At least the one responsible was another Hulk (not Jennifer, but a lady who copied her powers in the previous series).
    Yeah, I think we'll know what really happened in the next issue.

The issue just ends with him running head first into the building and the building collapsing in on him.

Current Hulk’s obsession with “punishing” Bruce reminds me of Guilt Hulk. Not what PKJ is going to do but I think I’ll headcanon this Hulk as being that guy, in a similar way as how Ewing revamped Devil Hulk.

Baller transformation sequence here, up there with some of my favorite ones in Immortal Hulk. New Ghost Rider being a “guardian devil” is a cool concept and I love his look! Didn’t recognize the monster, clearly he’s new and from Mexican folklore I imagine? Looked like a bondage weretroll or some such
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Major spoilers for the latest issue of She-Hulk below. Ya'll brace yourselves.

spoilers:
    She-Hulk ended on a cliffhanger of Hulk being tossed into a building and the building collapsing on him. The entire building mind you. I don't know guys. Hulk has survived so many things in the past. Fights with Thor, Sentry, Juggernaut, heck the entire superhero community. He's fought on alien planets and beaten just about everything, but this time I think he's met his match. That was a sturdy building and I fear for Bruce/Hulk. To end the issue on such a cliffhanger. I just hope Hulk is okay and survived it. Let's cross our fingers and hope :P

In all seriousness I enjoyed seeing Hulk and She-Hulk interact. Which Hulk personality is in control right now? I'm assuming it's a version of Savage Hulk?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Major spoilers for the latest issue of She-Hulk below. Ya'll brace yourselves.

spoilers:
    She-Hulk ended on a cliffhanger of Hulk being tossed into a building and the building collapsing on him. The entire building mind you. I don't know guys. Hulk has survived so many things in the past. Fights with Thor, Sentry, Juggernaut, heck the entire superhero community. He's fought on alien planets and beaten just about everything, but this time I think he's met his match. That was a sturdy building and I fear for Bruce/Hulk. To end the issue on such a cliffhanger. I just hope Hulk is okay and survived it. Let's cross our fingers and hope :P

In all seriousness I enjoyed seeing Hulk and She-Hulk interact. Which Hulk personality is in control right now? I'm assuming it's a version of Savage Hulk?
    end of spoilers
    Shit like this and Thor feeling strained by being on Jupiter really just take me out of any story. I get some power creep/seep in stories and you shouldn't hold writers to task for every little thing, but this in straight up Superman forgets he can fly territory.

Also are Jen and Bruce even friendly at this point?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Current Hulk’s obsession with “punishing” Bruce reminds me of Guilt Hulk. Not what PKJ is going to do but I think I’ll headcanon this Hulk as being that guy, in a similar way as how Ewing revamped Devil Hulk.

Baller transformation sequence here, up there with some of my favorite ones in Immortal Hulk. New Ghost Rider being a “guardian devil” is a cool concept and I love his look! Didn’t recognize the monster, clearly he’s new and from Mexican folklore I imagine? Looked like a bondage weretroll or some such
    I absolutely love how horrific a metamorphosis this was!! Extremely creative. I'm sure some purists will hate it. "Not how Stan and Jack did it! Harumph!" lol