Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1232

Spider-Gwen Smash #1 has appearances from the Earth-65 versions of Rick Jones, Hulk, and Bruce Banner, with a twist.
    spoilers:
    Bruce seems to be a villain, and isn't the Hulk, though he did create him. Rick is a member of Dazzler's band, but cries off sick before a concert which gets attacked by the Hulk. He probably IS the Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Gwen Smash #1 has appearances from the Earth-65 versions of Rick Jones, Hulk, and Bruce Banner, with a twist.
    spoilers:
    Bruce seems to be a villain, and isn't the Hulk, though he did create him. Rick is a member of Dazzler's band, but cries off sick before a concert which gets attacked by the Hulk. He probably IS the Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    Another alternative evil Hulk to add to the pile. Maybe he'll be a cannibal this time! Or a rapist! Or a cannibalistic rapist! Nobody's done that before!

Sorry man, just not excited for any alternative version of Hulk anymore, or even for 616 to show up outside of his book. You get shit where the same guy who beats down lovecraftian monstrosities from the dawn of time in his own book having trouble with a character who is is what the 4th She-Hulk at this point, or like the 75th Hulk if you want to count it like that.

Oh and a building falling on Hulk s a threat apparently.
    Don't even get me started on the fact that Jen is surprised by Hulk being a selfish dick at this point, the man won't make time to see his own son,why the hell do you think he'd make time to see you? If you want a family member to hang out with try getting in contact with Skaar again. Kid could probably use some family interaction that isn't related to violence.

Rant Over.

Yeah I’m pretty tired of evil Hulk Elseworlds at this point. Would rather read an alternate universe story where Abomination takes over the world or whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Soooo good to have Klein back on art.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nik's art was great, as always. The story was... so-so.

The new GR was... okay. Not bad, but nothing special, really.

The monster-of-the-month definitely felt a bit uninspired though, as did the horsemen at the end.

I did like the brief interaction between Charlie & the Hulk at the end though. Managed to get a little chuckle out of him.

I'd like to see a little momentum on the main storyline though.

I agree, it’s time to start getting more info on Eldest and the Mother of Horrors.

INCREDIBLE HULK #10
    PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • DANNY EARLS (A) • COVER BY NIC KLEIN
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    HEADSHOT SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    VARIANT COVER BY MICO SUAYAN
    THE GHOST DETECTIVE TAKES HULK ON A MIND-BENDING ADVENTURE THROUGH THE PAST!
    • Frozen Charlotte is the newest monster set on delivering Hulk to Eldest (and sowing macabre and murder along the way).
    • But Frozen Charlotte emerged once before, and to stop her, Hulk must first understand her past…
    • So the Ghost Detective takes Hulk on a noir hunt for a serial killer set in 1850s New Orleans!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Double post so have some Hulk fanart:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree, it’s time to start getting more info on Eldest and the Mother of Horrors.

so this is in New Orleans? Hmm. Bring on Dr. Voodoo!
    hopefully several cool monsters to view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so this is in New Orleans? Hmm. Bring on Dr. Voodoo!
    hopefully several cool monsters to view.
    Yeah, not sure if it’s time travel or magic stuff. That Frozen Charlotte folk tale getting used here is a neat deep cut, I love learning about American folklore.

Ultimate Member

Really not feeling this run.

We get a random mash up of monsters, and little reason to care.

I think Ewing had the right idea to slow burn his horror. This medium isn't easy for horror

BANNED

One-shot or mini series. It makes no sense to replace PKJ, not only is his Hulk book doing great with fans and critics at the moment it's the best selling non-team book that isn't a Spider-man or Batman book month after month.

I see no reason to replace PKJ any time soon, he has at least a good 3-4 years left on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Really not feeling this run.

We get a random mash up of monsters, and little reason to care.

I think Ewing had the right idea to slow burn his horror. This medium isn't easy for horror
    Think another one of the main differences is that Ewing's Hulk was generally more talkative (Perhaps because one of his plot threads is that the Devil Hulk and Joe were as smart as Banner was, just kind of expressed it differently). This Hulk does a lot more grunting and shorter sentences.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-26-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

I think another difference between Ewing and PKJ's run is that while Hulk/Bruce is being pursued by evil, it's harder to root for Hulk punishing Bruce despite all he's done. Any good he does is accidental. With Ewings the good, even when done anti-hero style was righteous. Hulk truly feels like the elemental/hurricane nature where the best advice is to get away. There's no reasoning/pleading with him. Horror generally works when there's overwhelming odds which is difficult to pull off with Hulk. There's more horror with what Hulk is putting Banner through than the larger arc currently.

It really is time to get more into the larger storyliine. I get the need to start with self contained stories but we get it at this point. Yes, it's great we get new rogues for the gallery which is sorely needed but they're all being dispatched quickly they feel like X-Files Monsters of the Week. I guess what I'm saying is without checking in on the Mother of Horrors the larger arc kinda feels ignored. Why wouldn't she step in/up the stakes if the first couple of monsters had no effect? Even a panel of her gloating that her plan to exhaust him with numerous underlings would be a small payoff.

Still interested but not super hyped like I was with Ewing. Hopefully the War Devil kicks off a glimpse into where PKJ is going.