Cover Date: October 1994
Sale Date: August 16th, 1994
Writer: Peter David
Artist: Gary Frank
Inker: Cam Smith
Letterer: Joe Rosen
Colorist: Glynis Oliver
Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Ajax, Atlanta, Agamemnon, Paris, Cassie, Achilles, Hector, Ulysses, the Warriors Three
Antagonist: Red Norvell Thor, Siingard and his tribe of Frost Giants, Hoarfen the Wolf.
Synopsis: The Hulk and the Norvell Thor spend the first dozen pages fighting each other, until a stalemate between the party members ends as the Warriors Three push the odds in their favor. We also see Agamemnon make his way to the land of the Frost Giants and makes his re-acquaintance with the leader of a tribe of Frost Giants named Siingard. Cut back to the Hulk and company and the standoff has ended with a make-shift camp. Words are exchanged and we get a small dose of humor when Banner asks Fandrall about where the real Thor is. Volstagg appears and lets it be known that he’s seen Agamemnon outside of Siingard’s castle. The next morning, the group arrives and demands Agamemnon. No dice and a battle ensues. Hector swoops in and grabs the youth and drops him in the Hulk’s arms. Suddenly, both of them are frozen with fear. A giant frost wolf named Hoarfen makes his appearance and mauls them to death as the issue abruptly ends.
Commentary: Cassie comments on Hoarfen echoes my thoughts almost to a tee – there’s just some weird shit in a lot of mythology. I chuckled at the panel on page 17 where Agamemnon is describing the game of baseball to Siingard. Don’t know if it was common knowledge back then, but PAD is a baseball nut. Absolutely loves it. Unless I play it (which I haven’t since grade school), it’s a giant snooze fest. I’ve tried in recent years to give it a try, but it never fails - puts me to sleep about a half hour into a game. It’s goddamn boring. Except the 2016 World Series. Vince McMahon and Dwayne Johnson made a mistake in keeping the XFL alive. Should be an XBL. Gary Frank can really make a turd into a polished turd. His Red Norvell Thor is fantastic. The beard, the outfit, the hammer…I can get into this look over the Kirby costume. (Nothing can make me dislike the Simonson armor, though.) I was in denial about the Hulk and Aggy getting killed. To quote something his past self would say, “NOTHING can kill the Hulk!” Well…

I like this arc, though odd this wasn't counted among Hulk's death by Ewing, heh. Maybe it was because Hela grabbed him.