Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1232

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think another one of the main differences is that Ewing's Hulk was generally more talkative (Perhaps because one of his plot threads is that the Devil Hulk and Joe were as smart as Banner was, just kind of expressed it differently). This Hulk does a lot more grunting and shorter sentences.
    Also Ewing isn't really an action or fight kind of writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    One-shot or mini series. It makes no sense to replace PKJ, not only is his Hulk book doing great with fans and critics at the moment it's the best selling non-team book that isn't a Spider-man or Batman book month after month.

I see no reason to replace PKJ any time soon, he has at least a good 3-4 years left on this book.
    Sales seem solid so I expect we might get a side mini which sounds cool. I’d love to have more standalone Hulk stories, right now all we really have is Hulk: Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also Ewing isn't really an action or fight kind of writer.
    Something that led to several underwhelming resolutions in X-Men Red (but I digress)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Something that led to several underwhelming resolutions in X-Men Red (but I digress)
    Ororo Munroe: Master of the flexing and "barely an inconvenience" .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales seem solid so I expect we might get a side mini which sounds cool. I’d love to have more standalone Hulk stories, right now all we really have is Hulk: Grey.
    Hulk is in that weird middle ground of popularity, where he is popular enough that his own series is doing better than almost any other super hero, but not popular enough where he can have multiple on-goings like Spider-man or Batman can. So what Marvel has been doing pretty much every single year so far is a mini series. We had the Maestro stuff with PAD, we had the Worlbreaker stuff with Pak, we had Joe Fixit in Vegas with PAD again and those tend to do really well. We are going to get something like that next year as well but with Jordan D White most likely.

Hulk is in that weird middle ground of popularity, where he is popular enough that his own series is doing better than almost any other super hero, but not popular enough where he can have multiple on-goings like Spider-man or Batman can. So what Marvel has been doing pretty much every single year so far is a mini series. We had the Maestro stuff with PAD, we had the Worlbreaker stuff with Pak, we had Joe Fixit in Vegas with PAD again and those tend to do really well. We are going to get something like that next year as well but with Jordan D White most likely.
    He's also not the easiest character to add in "sidequests" for. Hulk roams around, he doesn't patrol, he doesn't have a home base and while he will confront evil he comes across neither Hulk or Banner necessarily go around looking for wrongs to right. Add into the fact that his precise personality explicitly changes run to run and sometimes within run and it be pretty rough to have a second book, or a consistent team membership without some pretty glaring descrepancies.

Sensational She hulk 3 was a delight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Honestly, some of the stuff in that comic is part of the problems with American superhero comics in the current era.

With Wil Moss removing 'Hulk' from his Twitter/X account and moving on to The Avengers books, I'm excited to hear that Jordan D White is working on a Hulk book agan. Maybe we'll get back to the Hulk mythos that was working so well when he was the assistant editor on Hulk books during Greg Pak's tenure. We had all type of gamma books going on. And again, there is no reason Hulk on his own couldn't support two titles. We got about 20 books a year during Al Ewing's run, it's a lie to believe anything else.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

A Hulk fan btw.

Godzilla frying Superman to DEATH is honestly karma at this point. I never saw anything go as viral on social media as that when it came to super heroes, it doesnt even matter if its cannon or not the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, some of the stuff in that comic is part of the problems with American superhero comics in the current era.
    The comic is written by an author who wrote romance novels most of the time until Marvel decided to let her write comics, which is why the power levels in the whole She-Hulk series have been all over the place i mean She Hulk and Jack of Hearts almost died to a blast that can level an apartment. As for Hulk he already was fine from a whole mountain falling on him, which negates this issue, it's one of those PIS moments like the time Superman couldn't stop a turtle the size of a small car from falling from space or when Thor got knocked out by a building falling on him as well.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 12-27-2023 at 09:56 AM.

I'm just really starting to despise She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    He's also not the easiest character to add in "sidequests" for. Hulk roams around, he doesn't patrol, he doesn't have a home base and while he will confront evil he comes across neither Hulk or Banner necessarily go around looking for wrongs to right. Add into the fact that his precise personality explicitly changes run to run and sometimes within run and it be pretty rough to have a second book, or a consistent team membership without some pretty glaring descrepancies.
    Hulk's ocassionally had a base of sorts here and there-Gamma base until the PAD run, think the smart Mantlo Hulk had a lab, Joe had his apartment in Vegas, Merged had the Pantheon and was a frequent guest at Betty & Marlo's place, Devil/Savage/Joe had Shadow Base etc.

Of course a lot of these were eventually destroyed, and not as easy to rebuild as the X-mansion or Avengers Mansion ,or a new apartment (or crashing at Aunt May's) like Spider-man seems to be most of the time due to the Hulk's constantly shifting status.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

A Hulk fan btw.
    Yes, the dialogue between hulk and she hulk was nice.

Godzilla frying Superman to DEATH is honestly karma at this point. I never saw anything go as viral on social media as that when it came to super heroes, it doesnt even matter if its cannon or not the damage is done.
    Lol, no comments, you want us to get banned again?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Only if you value feats and power levels. The bonding of Hulk and She Hulk and her reminding Hulk that Bruce saved her life and to give Banner a chance again was very touching.

^Think Ewing implied it was actually the Joe persona prior to becoming the Grey Hulk.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Only if you value feats and power levels. The bonding of Hulk and She Hulk and her reminding Hulk that Bruce saved her life and to give Banner a chance again was very touching.
    I agree the discussion between She-Hulk and Hulk was ok.

However, the first part of the issue with Hulk being out for so long took me out of the story.

The lack of consistency in some of these stories is an issue for me. It's always been there in comics but in modern Marvel, we see it a lot more (Spider-man fans can attest to this).