Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1232
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oooooh the Ghost Rider arc is 3 issues, so it will be a beat longer neat

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Didnt expect Marvel to just straight up call Hulk the biggest gun on a team with Blue Marvel in it, usually they like to keep such stuff more ambiguous, but i am here for it.
    I wouldn't get to excited he's just going to lose to show how cool Thanos is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I wouldn't get to excited he's just going to lose to show how cool Thanos is.
    Of course he is going to lose i am just talking about in relation to other Illuminati members there.

I'm glad to see Hulk getting around and becoming a part of the Marvel Universe but like I've said during Joe Quesada's tenure that most of the times he's shows up only to get beaten to make the other guy look good.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That moment in the Power Man back-up where Bruce reiterates his life reminds me how absolutely nightmarish his life is even compared to other superheroes.

When was the last time Bruce had any sort of stability?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That moment in the Power Man back-up where Bruce reiterates his life reminds me how absolutely nightmarish his life is even compared to other superheroes.

When was the last time Bruce had any sort of stability?
    The Waid run?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So something is clearly up with Betty. I'd be amused to think that her giving herself completely to her Hulk may have made her easier to manipulate.

Not sure about the Power Man backup. Like unless Ayala has something lined up for Alvarez it feels rather pointless to say he'll be taking his own name.
    My guess is that Eldest used that body modification power Betty mentions:

To reshape Betty’s body somehow so that Betty is forced to serve her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

INCREDIBLE HULK #8

THE EPIC CONCLUSION OF HULK’S THROWDOWN WITH THE WWII GHOST RIDER AND THE WAR DEVILS!

The Personification of Rage and the Spirit of Vengeance have their own vengeful spirit to conquer! When the Hulk and the undead Ghost Rider of the past finally come face-to-face with the monstrosity controlling the war devils, a bone-crushing brawl follows!
    This is going to be great! I've always assumed there would be some Big Bad Monster behind the War Devils, pulling their strings. Every issue has been solid, and I expect this one to be no different. PKJ is on a roll!

THANOS #2 (OF 4)

THE ILLUMINATI’S SECRET WEAPON: HULK!

The new Illuminati move on Thanos to prevent him from destroying the Earth as part of his quest to reclaim his beloved Death, which means it’s time to bring in the biggest gun they’ve got: THE INCREDIBLE HULK!
    Glad to see HULK given some massive respect. Now lets hope we actually get a great fight and it has solid art.

BLADE #7

BLADE TEAMS UP WITH THE HULK TO TAME THE ANGER WITHIN!

In preparation to face the Adana once more, Blade must confront the monster he is afraid he is…and who knows better what it’s like to live with a monstrous version of yourself than Bruce Banner?
    Not interested in Blade so will skip it unless it's actually good and then I'll pick it up.

Didnt expect Marvel to just straight up call Hulk the biggest gun on a team with Blue Marvel in it, usually they like to keep such stuff more ambiguous, but i am here for it.
    Same! It speaks volumes. Would love to be surprised and we get an epic fight and Thanos has to use other methods to disengage from his fight with Hulk, like using a device to teleport him to an alien planet full of horrific monsters, and then at the end of the story Hulk is found and returned to Earth by Richards or Blue Marvel with their tech.

INCREDIBLE HULK #8

THE EPIC CONCLUSION OF HULK’S THROWDOWN WITH THE WWII GHOST RIDER AND THE WAR DEVILS!

The Personification of Rage and the Spirit of Vengeance have their own vengeful spirit to conquer! When the Hulk and the undead Ghost Rider of the past finally come face-to-face with the monstrosity controlling the war devils, a bone-crushing brawl follows!

I really disdain the Hulk being called "The Personification of Rage"...it completely limits the understanding of a character who would rather seek and be at peace. Rage is a byproduct of so much more. However, I'm looking forward to all these issues, but I hope his appearances in the other titles aren't as forced in as the one in the recent Wolverine.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 10-20-2023 at 07:29 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Extraordinary Member

THANOS #2 (OF 4)

THE ILLUMINATI’S SECRET WEAPON: HULK!

The new Illuminati move on Thanos to prevent him from destroying the Earth as part of his quest to reclaim his beloved Death, which means it’s time to bring in the biggest gun they’ve got: THE INCREDIBLE HULK!

Don't fall for it and that biggest gun thing is misleading.
    You have wait and see how the story is told etc..
    All that could mean is the biggest gun in size and not in the most powerful or strongest etc..
    That is what they mean by the biggest gun here.
    Notice they did not say thier big gun,they said the biggest gun and hulk is literally the biggest avenger.

Let's keep in mind hulk is not even a part of the recent illuminati and doc green(hulk) is a former member.

Hulk could get knock out by thanos in one punch on the first page and blue marvel and doctor strange is still standing or they could put up better fight in issue 1 then the hulk did in issue 2 or even in the same issue hulk is in.
    Doctor strange for example has bags of tricks to make himself more powerful to fight skyfathers for example or powerful beings.
    Let's keep in mind hulk is not even apart of the recent Illuminati and doc green(hulk) is a former member.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-20-2023 at 10:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Don't fall for it and that biggest gun thing is misleading.
    You have wait and see how the story is told etc..
    All that could mean is the biggest gun in size and not in the most powerful or strongest etc..
    That is what they mean by the biggest gun here.
    Notice they did not say thier big gun,they said the biggest gun and hulk is literally the biggest avenger.

Let's keep in mind hulk is not even a part of the recent illuminati and doc green(hulk) is a former member.

Hulk could get knock out by thanos in one punch on the first page and blue marvel and doctor strange is still standing or they could put up better fight in issue 1 then the hulk did in issue 2 or even in the same issue hulk is in.
    Doctor strange for example has bags of tricks to make himself more powerful to fight skyfathers for example or powerful beings.
    Let's keep in mind hulk is not even apart of the recent Illuminati and doc green(hulk) is a former member.
    Haha, i dont think they meant in "size", when you phrase it like that it usually means your most powerful gun. With that said the whole solicitation focuses solely on the fight between Hulk and Thanos as well as the cover.
    So while i dont expect Hulk to win, i also dont expect the issue to start with Hulk being knocked out, I expect a decent physical brawl to last a few pages before Thanos takes out Hulk or the Illuminati jump in to help and drive Thanos away from Earth together with Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

Haha, i dont think they meant in "size", when you phrase it like that it usually means your most powerful gun. With that said the whole solicitation focuses solely on the fight between Hulk and Thanos as well as the cover.
    So while i dont expect Hulk to win, i also dont expect the issue to start with Hulk being knocked out, I expect a decent physical brawl to last a few pages before Thanos takes out Hulk or the Illuminati jump in to help and drive Thanos away from Earth together with Hulk.
    I have not kept up but is hulk more powerful then thor now since they said the biggest gun(if they really mean the most powerful on earth now)and hulk is not a member of illuminati and i don't think he will be in this book.
    I notice marvel likes to say this person is more powerful now or that person now etc..
    MCU captain marvel vs wanda,comic thor vs hulk.

One minute marvel says hulk is stronger or more powerful then thor then the next time marvel says thor is stronger or more powerful then hulk etc...
    Recently in the banner vs thor war marvel was saying thor is stronger and more powerful then hulk.
    Marvel likes playing these type of games at times so i am just not falling for it until i read the books or see the movies etc.

Thor,hulk and blue marvel are close in power levels.
    If blue marvel gets knock out right away or does not put up a decent fight like hulk and major feats fighing thanos you will never hear the end of it in the blue marvel thread and just look at the writer who some do not trust because how he has written blue marvel in his doom book.
    Hopefully there is a decent physical brawl from blue marvel has well and doctor strange putting up a decent fight as well or iron man in one of his armours.

Marvel should have kept there mouth close about the biggest gun thing because it could be misleading(i still think it is)and not write that and some hulk fans will get upset just as much as some blue marvel fans was upset with this writer from the doom book blue marvel was in.

If blue marvel turns out in the book to clearly be shown to be more powerful then this current hulk(and it could happen because of his power level and many powers) then they will not trust this writer in the future like some blue marvel fans as well and clearly be upset.

The solicitation says one thing but it could really mean something else but i think that biggest gun talk could really mean just the biggest one there in size and not being just the most powerful on earth that the Illuminati could get.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-21-2023 at 12:23 AM.

BANNED

I have not kept up but is hulk more powerful then thor now since they said the biggest gun(if they really mean the most powerful on earth now)and hulk is not a member of illuminati and i don't think he will be in this book.
    I notice marvel likes to say this person is more powerful now or that person now etc..
    MCU captain marvel vs wanda,comic thor vs hulk.
    I think Hulk has been fairly consistently above regular Thor for the last decade or so. Their last fight ended in stalemate with Hulk vs Thor with Odin Force. Hulk isn't part of the Illuminati at the moment but he will be in the book at least for issue 2.

One minute marvel says hulk is stronger or more powerful then thor then the next time marvel says thor is stronger or more powerful then hulk etc...
    Recently in the banner vs thor war marvel was saying thor is stronger and more powerful then hulk.
    Marvel likes playing these type of games at times so i am just not falling for it until i read the books or see the movies etc.
    I dont think Marvel has officially come out and said who is more powerful between the 2, it depends on who is writing the book, although as i said Hulk has had the upper hand this last decade.

Thor,hulk and blue marvel are close in power levels.
    If blue marvel gets knock out right away or does not put up a decent fight like hulk and major feats fighing thanos you will never hear the end of it in the blue marvel thread and just look at the writer who some do not trust because how he has written blue marvel in his doom book.
    Hopefully there is a decent physical brawl from blue marvel has well and doctor strange putting up a decent fight as well or iron man in one of his armours.
    I dont doubt that BM is gonna put up a fight as well, i think it's just with Hulk being more powerful and being primarily known as the physically strongest hero ever. He will probably end up pulling his weight more than most.

Marvel should have kept there mouth close about the biggest gun thing because it could be misleading(i still think it is)and some hulk fans will get upset just as much as some blue marvel fans was upset with this writer from the doom book blue marvel was in.
    The solicitation says one thing but it could really mean something else but i think that biggest gun talk could really mean just the biggest one there in size and not being just the most powerful on earth that the Illuminati could get.
    As long as Hulk gets some decent shots in Thanos i wont be upset, regardless of the outcome. Maybe but when you say biggest gun and the fact that Illuminati specifically went to Hulk for help implies heavily that he is the strongest thing they could find to help them fight Thanos. Again this isn't really that strange, Hulk is very often called the strongest being on Earth, he has beaten all the most powerful heroes at one point or another, even entire teams of them. So again as i said, we will wait and see.

Extraordinary Member

Odin force thor is in thanos power tier group but maybe still below him,so if the recent verisons of hulk stalemated odin force thor that would put hulk(if he keep those power levels) above world war,silver surfer,normal sentry,normal thor,normal canon superman,shazam,hickmen's hyperion etc..

But i thought odin force thor beat hulk in that war and was said to be the strongest hero.
    For example i would put normal sentry,blue marvel and silver surfer at high herald and normal thor.

Superman,hickmen's hyperion and shazam middle level heralds.
    Wonder woman and normal hulk lower herald.
    Odin force thor and thanos above high herald level but below skyfather.

For current hulk,immoral hulk what power tier group you put him in? and world war and world breaker hulk and even normal hulk?
    Some are saying even immortal hulk is more powerful then worldbreaker and what you think about that?

Note-
    It was shown that worldbreaker hulk to be more powerful then silver surfer because surfer could not beat a enemy that worldbreaker could and would that make worldbreaker hulk above high herald or still below it even if he was shown to be more powerful then surfer or was surfer depowered or because of the writer bias etc..?
    Last edited by mace11; 10-21-2023 at 02:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh and what you think of this?
    https://i.imgur.com/jP0OgCV.png
    Remember all those high and middle heralds i mention that could fly could destroy a planet.