Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1232

I think Cosmic Spider-Man punched Joe into space if I remember correctly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Wow another awesome image of Hulk!!!

At the cost of being labeled a complainer...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say some of the worst artists and art that could ever be conceived by the mind of man has made it to the pages of Hulk. Starting with any image by Jeff Purves...up to and including this junk art...

Lol, absolutely love this cover from Purves. It's important to have this kind of non-mainstream, raw artist sometimes. It reminds me of Corben or Sienkiewicz. It's important for the medium to have sometimes this kind of different artist
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Danny Earls @dannyearls16
    A panel from Hulk!

Eric H @FrazettaHulk
    Are u limited to 3 issue stretches now? On Thor seems like u were doing 6 at a time.

NIC��KLEIN @NicKlein
    Yeah, i was. Hulk takes longer, way more ink on the page… and on Thor we had a huge head start to get issues under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Lol, absolutely love this cover from Purves. It's important to have this kind of non-mainstream, raw artist sometimes. It reminds me of Corben or Sienkiewicz. It's important for the medium to have sometimes this kind of different artist
    The cover artist on Hulk Wolverine Six Hours was actually Simon Bisley, who I expected much better of at the time. What a joke... Jeff Purves totally ruined all those great Peter Allen David Gray Hulk era stories. I'm not a fan of Corben but Sienkiewicz is awesome.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-08-2023 at 08:12 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Eric H @FrazettaHulk
    Are u limited to 3 issue stretches now? On Thor seems like u were doing 6 at a time.

NIC��KLEIN @NicKlein
    Yeah, i was. Hulk takes longer, way more ink on the page… and on Thor we had a huge head start to get issues under my belt.
    Its really impressive how much effort Nic is putting into Hulk and it shows, i can definitely see more detail in his Hulk art than when i read his Thor stuff, not that those weren't great as well.

So Harlan called at the appointed time, and laid out for me a story involving the fact that, some years earlier, Rick Jones (who was still switching molecules with Captain Marvel in the current series) had been the Hulk. What Harlan envisioned was a story that revealed at some point during those Hulk black-out periods, Jones as the Hulk had impregnated some woman somewhere and she’d given birth to a Hulk-baby. And now that child would return to create chaos in Rick’s life, and by extension Captain Marvel’s. I don’t know what Peter thought about the idea, we never discussed it really, but I suspect that he may not have been all that keen on it himself, but having asked Harlan for assistance he felt honor-bound to move forward. But there was no way that I could green light a story in which the Hulk, even a non-Bruce Banner Hulk, was a rapist and had conceived a child. I tried to find some reasonable alternative, but Harlan felt that it was crucial to what he had in mind that Rick had to have done the deed unknowingly as the Hulk, and so when that wasn’t a possibility, he gracefully exited the project
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/a...f-the-avengers

Holy **** , it’s so weird how often rape gets used with Hulk: Millar in Old Man Logan, Ultimate Hulk, “Betty” in the Maestro Future Imperfect time, etc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think Purves drew a good Hulk-the Grey Hulk was generally sort of an ugly guy anyway. Keown drew him as slightly more 'handsome' but I think that might been intentional on David's part, if you look at some of the dialogue in the last few Grey Hulk issues it strongly implies the Hulk personas/Banner are "moving closer" to each other in appearance because they're getting close to the merger, Betty notices Joe looks different etc.

Purve's humans, on the other hand...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-09-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Its really impressive how much effort Nic is putting into Hulk and it shows, i can definitely see more detail in his Hulk art than when i read his Thor stuff, not that those weren't great as well.
    Nic Klein's Thor stuff blows his Hulk art away...
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/a...f-the-avengers

Holy **** , it’s so weird how often rape gets used with Hulk: Millar in Old Man Logan, Ultimate Hulk, “Betty” in the Maestro Future Imperfect time, etc.
    Too many writers have strayed away from the original intent of the character and have taken the "monster" facet of Hulk too literal and have made "the ever loving Hulk" a farce...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Purves drew a good Hulk-the Grey Hulk was generally sort of an ugly guy anyway. Keown drew him as slightly more 'handsome' but I think that might been intentional on David's part, if you look at some of the dialogue in the last few Grey Hulk issues it strongly implies the Hulk personas/Banner are "moving closer" to each other in appearance because they're getting close to the merger, Betty notices Joe looks different etc.

Purve's humans, on the other hand...
    The only thing I will give Jeff Purves credit for is that after cringing over his horrific pencils, one does realize he can at least tell a story in panels. A long lost art. He's better than the majority of the artist today in that aspect.

The Incredible Hulk 1966 Cartoon Theme Song Lyrics

Doc Bruce Banner
    Belted by gamma rays
    Turned into the Hulk
    Ain’t he unglamo-rays!
    Wreckin’ the town
    With the power of a bull
    Ain’t no monster clown
    Who is as LOVABLE
    As ever-lovin’ Hulk! HULK! HULK!

The "MONSTER" Clown = MECHANO!!!

Default Relationship...

The Lost Science Of Gamma Series

From 'The Incredible Hulk 'pilot...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Nic Klein's Thor stuff blows his Hulk art away...
    LOL. Always the contrarian.

Yeah I scanned the preview and I decided to skip it. Shame because I do actually enjoy the contentious relationship Hulk has with the Illuminati.