Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Teased with the alternate reality Hulk in #453, but never brought to the 616/main title before PAD left.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    "Getting cold out there...'specially for a PUNY little thing like you."

On June 21st, The INCREDIBLE HULK gets back to his roots. If you want to see #Hulk kicking the shit out of new monsters with deep lore every month: this is that.

@NicKlein & #MattWilson on art. DON'T MISS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

This looks absolutely phenomenal!

My gut feeling is telling me that PKJ and NK's upcoming run is not only going to be special, but maybe one of the all-time greatest runs on the Hulk and on any character in comics ever!

Everything that's shown thus far is getting me more hyped and wanting to read this INCREDIBLE HULK saga!

Less than 2 weeks until the Hulk Annual and just over a month until the first issue drops!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Teased with the alternate reality Hulk in #453, but never brought to the 616/main title before PAD left.

There's something comical in seeing someone being smooched by the big green guy

Astonishing Member

So, the final issue of Joe Fixit came out and it was pretty damn good, it did more for Spiderman than his own title and its nice to see Joe being friendly with Spidey too. What you think? This might be the last PAD comic in a while until God willing, he recovers maybe,

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So, the final issue of Joe Fixit came out and it was pretty damn good, it did more for Spiderman than his own title and its nice to see Joe being friendly with Spidey too. What you think? This might be the last PAD comic in a while until God willing, he recovers maybe,
    If I can get everything done before the kids get out of school, I plan on getting this today.

Incredible Hulk #468
    “A Dark Green Life”
    Cover Date: September 1998
    Sale Date: July 15th, 1998
    Writer: Joe Casey
    Artist: Javier Pulido
    Inker: Larry Mahlstedt
    Letterer: John Workman
    Colorist: Marie Javins
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, General Ross, Dr. Elizabeth Spar.
    Synopsis: A grieving Hulk is furiously smashing at the wall in Banner’s hidden underground cave while General Ross is dealing with another nightmare about Betty’s death. As Ross works through his emotions on his own, Rick has give Bruce a pep talk; he is NOT responsible for his wife’s death, and as a man of science, find out what did happen. He helps Bruce get a fake id, outfit and disguise as a janitor to allow him to get back on the base – renamed from “Area 102” to “Hulkbuster” Base. Elsewhere, we see General Ross going over the paperwork for Dr. Elizabeth Spar. She’s here to find out the truth on Betty Banner’s death, as everyone assigned to the base went elsewhere. All the exposition explains her motivations and we do see both Ross an Spar suspicious at their new janitor. Later on, we find Banner in the lab, after hours, testing samples of his and Betty’s blood. The results come back as negative, so Banner can freely rejoice in the fact that he did NOT kill Betty with his blood transfusion. However, the computer says there is a match, Sample 0006. His emotions get the better of him, as he transforms into the Hulk before he can find read the name. The rest of the issue is spent on the Hulk fighting the newest recruits at Hulkbuster Base and Dr. Spar wondering about Banner’s motives the next morning. The final panel on the last page reveals the name of Sample 0006 as “Blonsky”….
    Commentary: The post-Peter David era starts here, and I am in the minority in actually liking the first few issues. I liked Javier Pulido’s art, and I thought Joe Casey did a decent job. While not being a fan of a mute Hulk, it works for what’s presented. The Hulk is emotional mess, and I’d rather have say nothing at all than go “Boo-hoo, Hulk sad!” Flashbacks of Kate Waynesboro here, in Dr. Spar. Although I don’t see Spar as an agent of SHIELD…or Banner becoming romantically involved. The revelation that it was the Abomination being Betty’s killer brings up all kinds of questions – mainly how and when. But that’ll come later. Off to a good start so far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    [B][I]Incredible Hulk #468]
    Did the Hulk/Namor annual but not the X-Man/Hulk one?

(Also, the Wizard Hulk #0 is funny - despite being published as a prologue to Byrne's run, it was blatantly plotted as a lead-in to CASEY's run. About the only concession to Byrne is the Savage Hulk.)

Since nobody posted it...I will.

"Alright, the last question's a silly one. You're obviously also working over at Marvel now. You have the Emerald Knight and the Green Goliath. How do you envision a John Stewart versus Hulk scenario?

Man, how would that go? Here's the thing. My take on Hulk right now is a Hulk as the horror movie monster that is stalking Banner, the way you'd see a character like the girl from The Ring or like the thing from It Follows. It's this thing that emerges and breaks everything. Whenever Banner finds a moment's peace or makes a friend, or thinks he's okay for a minute, Hulk emerges and messes everything up.

So Hulk as a movie monster stalking John Stewart? That would actually be kind of dope. The Hulk would have to be the villain of the story. I think Stewart would have to do whatever he could to get him off-world, right? Like, get them off the ground, like the old Hercules story. Like the wrestler that gets his power from the ground. So Hercules has to keep them up in the air. Stewart is a brilliant tactician. You'd have to get them up in space and keep him away from everything he can touch. Then I think Stewart would get the W, no problem."

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-jo...son-interview/
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Did the Hulk/Namor annual but not the X-Man/Hulk one?

(Also, the Wizard Hulk #0 is funny - despite being published as a prologue to Byrne's run, it was blatantly plotted as a lead-in to CASEY's run. About the only concession to Byrne is the Savage Hulk.)
    You mean X-Man Annual #3?
    No.

Fantastic Member

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I can't remember, is there a Hulk-related book today on FCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Bruce and Hulk w. long hair.
    And monsters.
    Color me interested.
    The color being green in this case I guess.

I'm interested as well. This most recent volume of Hulk really didn't do it for me, so I'm ready for a change.

Also, what happened with Cates and why did he leave the title?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I like this issue as well and found the overall story to be enjoyable. I always liked Joe Fixit, and I will always have a soft spot for a gray-skinned Hulk. Teaming him with Spider-man was fun and I think story should have been promoted more as a team-up mini.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!