Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1232

Latest issue was pretty good, think it kind of acknowledged Banner's been to the swampier bits of Florida quite a few times, and even sort of lived there for a bit (although as merged/professor) after the fall of the Pantheon.

There's much more Banner this issue with not a lot of Hulk (and what we get sounds a bit more like Savage-"Stupid plant!"), but the Man Thing's human side wants to have a chat with the Hulk on some form of astral plane? about the Eldest. Seems Banner thinks Charlie has motives similar to Jackie, wants to get some gamma from just being around him or a blood infusion like Jen.

Think the new villains could use some more variety. Last thing the Hulk fought was some Eldritch horror made of zombies...and this seems to more or less be the same thing, except without a church choir.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Latest issue was pretty good, think it kind of acknowledged Banner's been to the swampier bits of Florida quite a few times, and even sort of lived there for a bit (although as merged/professor) after the fall of the Pantheon.

There's much more Banner this issue with not a lot of Hulk (and what we get sounds a bit more like Savage-"Stupid plant!"), but the Man Thing's human side wants to have a chat with the Hulk on some form of astral plane? about the Eldest. Seems Banner thinks Charlie has motives similar to Jackie, wants to get some gamma from just being around him or a blood infusion like Jen.

Think the new villains could use some more variety. Last thing the Hulk fought was some Eldritch horror made of zombies...and this seems to more or less be the same thing, except without a church choir.
    I waited a bit to share my review since I didn’t want to spoil it and you can’t hide images:

I don’t think these are zombies, I think these are parts of the Frog monster’s flesh that it’s shaped into whatever it’s prey wants to see. I had a laugh at Bruce bluntly telling Charlie he’s not helping her be a Hulk and then buying her a Hulk plushie. For some reason that tickled me. Also I have no clue how Man-Thing works, i thought he was just a mindless monster.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'd watch this cartoon.

Spectacular Member

Another PKJ interview. Hulk stuff starts around 45 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzkukFr7wQ

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I would have enjoyed this if had been a reality. Unique style that reminds me of the Spectacular Spider-Man show.
    If this was a real thing, shame it never happened.
    If this was just someone doing mockups for a blog or website, then they did a damn good job...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I would have enjoyed this if had been a reality. Unique style that reminds me of the Spectacular Spider-Man show.
    If this was just someone doing mockups for a blog or website, then they did a damn good job...

This is totally awesome. I love the designs and height scale of the characters.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-20-2023 at 07:42 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Bruce looks a little too Peter Parker but this is cute. Also Betty with that hair .

Fantastic Member

It's a fan creation:
    https://universek.com/hulk-animated-series

I "pitched" a Hulk cartoon and a Marvel Team Up cartoon for a forum game once. It was around the time of the Earth's Mightest Heroes show hence the stylized art I found.

hulk.jpg

Hulk's got an interesting cartoon history.

The 60s cartoon was basically the comics traced over with extremely limited animation and a really goofy theme song.

I kind of like the look of the 80's cartoon, which was probably made to capitalize on the Bixby/Lou Ferrigno stuff. The theme too. The opening in which the lightning bolts switch between Bruce and the Hulk is pretty cool.

That Hulk had very prominent eyebrows, I think maybe inspired by Sal Buscema's work. Also had a short-haired Betty and Rick with a cowboy hat for some reason.

The 90's cartoon of course was part of the many of the time that popped up after the success of Spider-Man and X-men and largely pulled from the early Peter David stuff a few times, including the Rick Jones Hulk and Joe Fixit.

It also notably featured Betty as golden blond, which was probably because in the early merged Hulk stories she dyed it that color.

Think it got a lot of criticism for the network (UPN) basically toning down the show after season one and making She-Hulk too much of a supporting character.

Also Lou Ferrigno voiced the Hulk (Something he didn't get to do in the live-action TV version), something I think he did a few times for the Hulk movies before Mark started doing both roles.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-21-2023 at 06:44 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's cool fanart.

INCREDIBLE HULK #7

PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • NIC KLEIN (A/C)

NIGHTMARE VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO • VARIANT COVER BY SERGIO DAVILA

AVENGERS 60TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY TIM LEVINS

HULK VERSUS THE WAR DEVILS!

The Hulk and the undead Ghost Rider make amends, but Ghost Rider smells an evil in the air — and it’s been terrorizing a small community. With Bruce’s teenage sidekick, Charlie, determined to prove herself as a hero, Hulk must face them down before she gets herself into more trouble than she bargained for!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hulk and Ghost Rider is a cool team-up .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hulk and Ghost Rider is a cool team-up .
    this time around, um, which one?