Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1232

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree the discussion between She-Hulk and Hulk was ok.

However, the first part of the issue with Hulk being out for so long took me out of the story.

The lack of consistency in some of these stories is an issue for me. It's always been there in comics but in modern Marvel, we see it a lot more (Spider-man fans can attest to this).
    Yeah, that was weird how Hulk's healing factor didn't work at all or how did a normal human being just punctured his skin with a normal syringe. Makes no sense narratively.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Yes, the dialogue between hulk and she hulk was nice.
    I know, not as enteraining as the dialogue between Superman and Godzilla.

Lol, no comments, you want us to get banned again?
    Do you?

BANNED

Yeah, that was weird how Hulk's healing factor didn't work at all or how did a normal human being just punctured his skin with a normal syringe. Makes no sense narratively.
    It's a book that didnt care about power levels or if anything made sense, you cant figure that on your own or what? Same as when Superman couldn't stop a turtle falling from the sky in that Jimmy Olsen comic, it happens. Luckily it has no bearing on Hulk or his main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree the discussion between She-Hulk and Hulk was ok.

However, the first part of the issue with Hulk being out for so long took me out of the story.

The lack of consistency in some of these stories is an issue for me. It's always been there in comics but in modern Marvel, we see it a lot more (Spider-man fans can attest to this).
    Lack of consistency is just a normal thing in comics that we need to learn to live with. It happens, the fact that it happens so rarely for Hulk is a blessing look at Thor for instance every other week he gets something inconsistent happen to him, Superman in the first few years of Rebirth was memed into being called mid-tier Superman because of how bad he was, hell i still remember when he got KO'd by just Batman whistling i dont think anyone is ever gonna top that lol.

As long as the main series is doing alright i am good and it looks like we are gonna be getting a lot of good stuff coming from what PKJ has answered in the letters at the end of the issue, man i am personally greatfull for PKJ writing Hulk now cause we could have gotten way worse, like how Superman got Jason Aaron, can you imagine the amount of retcons and inconsistency that are gonna happen in that book now? Damn... it's gonna be rough for that fanbase, oh well.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 12-27-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I know, not as enteraining as the dialogue between Superman and Godzilla.

Do you?
    Again, no comments. I'm not falling for the same trick again.

It's a book that didnt care about power levels or if anything made sense, you cant figure that on your own or what? Same as when Superman couldn't stop a turtle falling from the sky in that Jimmy Olsen comic, it happens. Luckily it has no bearing on Hulk or his main series.
    I'm discussing Hulk in a hulk related book here and you're posting about Superman, godzilla and whoever. Please make a thread in Superman forum if you want to talk about it.

BANNED

Again, no comments. I'm not falling for the same trick again.
    I genuinely have no idea what this is suppose to even mean, but ok.

I'm discussing Hulk in a hulk related book here and you're posting about Superman, godzilla and whoever. Please make a thread in Superman forum if you want to talk about it.
    Ok i will, in fact gonna do it now cause i wanna know something. Also i am discussing Hulk as well, its just that i am making a comparison with other characters which is fine.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 12-27-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Cool, make a superman thread in Superman forum please.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    ^Think Ewing implied it was actually the Joe persona prior to becoming the Grey Hulk.

Which is a point against anyone who forgives bad writing power wise "for the story". If the writer doesn't care enough to keep the powers and abilities consistent they probably don't care enough to keep the characterization or history consistent.

They just don't care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Which is a point against anyone who forgives bad writing power wise "for the story". If the writer doesn't care enough to keep the powers and abilities consistent they probably don't care enough to keep the characterization or history consistent.

They just don't care.
    I agree to that to an extent, Ewing famously said he doesn't care about power levels much or fighting and his stories clearly reflect it. No matter what comic i read from him the fights are always the weakest part of it, even in his Immortal Hulk run. Sometimes it worked like Immortla Hulk 7, you can tell he was rushing through that fight which made the Hulk more terrifying because he was dispatching everyone in one-hit but sometimes it's all over the place, especially with characters that should be much weaker on the power scale that often do better than anyone else. Black Panther famously did better against cosmic Joe Fixit than anyone else including All Father Thor, Storm is virtually unbeatable under Ewings pen, etc...

Not to turn this into just a slight against Ewing, many other writers do similar stuff forgetting that these are first and foremost comics, the most defining aspect about them whether people like it or not is the action, it's a bunch of super heroes throwing down. And a lot of people read stories like this because of that, it's one of the big reasons why Manga is so popular and overshadows the comicbook industry. Japan treats action in their comics as an art form, the West treats it as an inconvenience a lot of the times.

Does anyone know who this Hulk-Thor-like character was in today's episode of What if...?

Last edited by Kolwyr; 12-30-2023 at 12:18 PM.

Might be their take on the Hulked-out Thor (Or "Worthy" Hulk?) from Banner of War?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Think Hulk's healing factor has always been fairly inconsistent. Could be because maybe the less intelligent Hulk types aren't able to fully utilize it perhaps, whereas Devil, Joe, Merged/Professor seem to be more effective at using it, or even weaponizing it a bit (Like when Joe healed his arm around Thor's head).

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I agree to that to an extent, Ewing famously said he doesn't care about power levels much or fighting and his stories clearly reflect it. No matter what comic i read from him the fights are always the weakest part of it, even in his Immortal Hulk run. Sometimes it worked like Immortla Hulk 7, you can tell he was rushing through that fight which made the Hulk more terrifying because he was dispatching everyone in one-hit but sometimes it's all over the place, especially with characters that should be much weaker on the power scale that often do better than anyone else. Black Panther famously did better against cosmic Joe Fixit than anyone else including All Father Thor, Storm is virtually unbeatable under Ewings pen, etc...

Not to turn this into just a slight against Ewing, many other writers do similar stuff forgetting that these are first and foremost comics, the most defining aspect about them whether people like it or not is the action, it's a bunch of super heroes throwing down. And a lot of people read stories like this because of that, it's one of the big reasons why Manga is so popular and overshadows the comicbook industry. Japan treats action in their comics as an art form, the West treats it as an inconvenience a lot of the times.
    It's kind of interesting, anime/manga often get criticism for their talking scenes often being fairly static at times but I think that's partly to save money/frames/space etc for some of the great action scenes. Evangelion for example-lots of static (If well detailed) scenes but the Eva/Angel fights are often incredibly fluid (and of course disturbingly so in some spots).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It's kind of interesting, anime/manga often get criticism for their talking scenes often being fairly static at times but I think that's partly to save money/frames/space etc for some of the great action scenes. Evangelion for example-lots of static (If well detailed) scenes but the Eva/Angel fights are often incredibly fluid (and of course disturbingly so in some spots).
    Honestly I feel like people overfocus on fight scenes at he expense of the rest of the rest of the production. Its like how Boruto is constantly gets **** on by fans but the moment it gets a well animated fight scene those same haters instantly turn around and call it "best anime ever" which like really? There is more to animation than just fight scenes, like how Frieren constantly has gorgeous bits of character animation segued into the normal actions of the characters, the sakuga isn't just reserved for the action scenes.

And there's how fight scenes can be way too focused on. I've seen several negative reviews lambasting the latest season of Jujutsu Kaisen for putting story and character on the backfoot to focus on an endless barrage of fight-scenes. And even the animation gets criticizes for being excessive, throwing so much stuff on the screen that while its all technically well animated it also becomes weightless and a lot of visual noise.

Remember the soviet spy in Hulk's origin story? The one who refused to stop the bomb, hoping to kill Banner when he ran to save Rick Jones? Has someone ever did something else with him? I mean, that guy can be considered guilty of the existence of Hulk and all his destruction. He must have had a hell of a trip in the guilt and self-recrimination road

Think Hulk's healing factor has always been fairly inconsistent. Could be because maybe the less intelligent Hulk types aren't able to fully utilize it perhaps, whereas Devil, Joe, Merged/Professor seem to be more effective at using it, or even weaponizing it a bit (Like when Joe healed his arm around Thor's head).
    Huge problem. A lot of the time Hulk gets knocked out in team books or in another hero's book like that Thing fight end up feeling like Hulk must be taking a dive. Considering Hulk's healing factor the amount of damage you'd have to do to the guy to have him even take notice is ludicrous. Anything less than a lethal wound on a normal person shouldn't even allow the Hulk down. At the same time we had Thing knock out the Hulk with no visible damage we had an issue of his own book where Hulk's missing most of his skull.and he just kept going.

I'm sorry but that's utterly shatters any sort of suspension of disbelief or verisimilitude.