Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I've been quietly following the new Hulk series from time to time. Issue 3 had me like "Hulk made a new friend!" I wonder what kind of influence Hulk will have on the kid? If I had my way it would see her smash Wolverine's skull over and over again with Hulk in the background nodding his approval. Rick Jones is about to be replaced.

Also I had a question. Which Hulk persona is in control during this new series?
    I think PKJ said it was the Green Scar, or similar at least. It's worth noting that he's upset about the whole Hulk being used as the engine thing (Although I'm pretty sure that was savage), but I'm kind of curious if the whole getting controlled or impersonated by the Leader and being left out of Devil's "Hulk system" might also play a part.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think PKJ said it was the Green Scar, or similar at least. It's worth noting that he's upset about the whole Hulk being used as the engine thing (Although I'm pretty sure that was savage), but I'm kind of curious if the whole getting controlled or impersonated by the Leader and being left out of Devil's "Hulk system" might also play a part.
    Green Scar? So this is the big boss World War Hulk persona then right? Wow, I've wondered what he's been up to. Does he still have his "infinity hatred"?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how the shield backpack Charlie is carrying is a clear ode to Rick Jones, but in a deliberate contrast she gets along with the Hulk more than Banner.

Also good portrayal of Green Scar, gruff and antisocial but the moment he sees Charlie in danger he immediately goes back in to rescue her. Showcases that as angry as he is, the desire to not want to seen an innocent person hurt is there.

Plus it cute how impressed he was seeing Charlie showing some gumption by smashing that zombie's jaw off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Plus it cute how impressed he was seeing Charlie showing some gumption by smashing that zombie's jaw off.
    Yes I liked the look on his face

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Green Scar? So this is the big boss World War Hulk persona then right? Wow, I've wondered what he's been up to. Does he still have his "infinity hatred"?
    Not sure about that.

Green Scar basically was the main Hulk after the Red Hulk stuff for a while, until he got separated from Banner (Fraction run), then when they were merged back together Savage took over (The Waid run) and remained that way, although 'augmented' as Doc Green, until Secret Wars. Then he was 'cured', killed off, and when he was brought back to life it was Devil Hullk.

Green Scar seemed to be suppressed along with the Professor in Devil's system (Noted by Bruce and later Cho) but seem to appear to re-emerge halfway through the Ewing stuff but it was the Leader possessing him or using his form.

Now he seems to be back properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure about that.

Green Scar basically was the main Hulk after the Red Hulk stuff for a while, until he got separated from Banner (Fraction run), then when they were merged back together Savage took over (The Waid run) and remained that way, although 'augmented' as Doc Green, until Secret Wars. Then he was 'cured', killed off, and when he was brought back to life it was Devil Hullk.

Green Scar seemed to be suppressed along with the Professor in Devil's system (Noted by Bruce and later Cho) but seem to appear to re-emerge halfway through the Ewing stuff but it was the Leader possessing him or using his form.

Now he seems to be back properly.
    Wasn't that Aaron's run?

Fantastic Member

Do we know what Hulk was in 1962’s Hulk #1,2, and 3?

Based on speech patterns I assume the Hulk in #4 (after the gamma blast) was the first Joe.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Yeah, I got them mixed up-Aaron's run.

As for the 'original' Hulk, the Devil Hulk did say he was the first one, but that also could mean he was Bruce's "Imaginary friend" as we see in a few flashbacks, not necessarily the early Hulk.

I think the early explanation, before the whole idea of separate personalities, was that the more gamma radiation/greener the Hulk became he became dumber; think the idea was when PAD first came in is that Grey had less radiation due to the nutrient bath (With Rick absorbing the rest), and therefore was closer to Banner in intelligence. But then post-Vegas it was made clear that the Savage was a completely different personality, just one that had been 'locked up' in Banner's mind for many years.

Funny thing about Joe, Al Ewing strongly implied that the Joe persona was actually in control of Banner in Savage She-Hulk #1 (PAD and Jenkins also referred to it quite a few times as surfacing in Banner's college years before then).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Do we know what Hulk was in 1962’s Hulk #1,2, and 3?

Based on speech patterns I assume the Hulk in #4 (after the gamma blast) was the first Joe.
    Personality wise, it’s Gray Hulk. The savage Hulk persona wasn’t created or developed into what we recognize until the Tales of Astonish era.

I've always viewed the Green Scar as a merger of Fixit and the Savage Hulk. I remember he used to be referred to as the "Gravage" Hulk among fans before Sakaar

As such when he's active you don't see Joe or the Savage much and vice versa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    Issue #3 was another solid book. It continues from the last issue and we get to see the Hulk break bad against the zombies from the church and then take on Cthulhu-like horror. We also get to see some characterization with some back and forth between him and Charlie. It reveals a little more of his character and while he definitely exudes the "Hulk wants to be left alone" vibe, you get to see a little of the hero that is buried deep inside. He expresses a definite resignation at having to play that part but the Hulk still does it anyway. Bruce didn't appear in this issue which was interesting. I would give it a 9/10.
    Mother of Horrors = Shub-Niggurath Mother of Monsters

Interesting take on a more morally ambiguous Hulk. Bruce found inner peace but at the cost of joining up with Maker’s Illuminati and recreating 1984. It’s a more mature take on Ultimate Hulk being an anti-villain compared to 616 Hulk. It’s all likely going to be erased but it makes me interested in seeing what 6160 Hulk will be like after this mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I've always viewed the Green Scar as a merger of Fixit and the Savage Hulk. I remember he used to be referred to as the "Gravage" Hulk among fans before Sakaar

I believe Pak’s explanation for him was that Banner created a Hulk persona who had more access to Banner’s intelligence, because Hulk had to be smart to survive on Sakaar. Might be misremembering though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I hate that the this grey weirdo had so much dialogue in the new Ultiamtes issue. It makes me think Hickman might have him play a bigger role, while i hope he gets killed off at any moment. Keep Hulk 616, we dont need these weird alternative Hulks to exist just so they would be used as a spring bored for characters the writer actually cares about like alternative Reed Richards or Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

I think that was kind of the idea behind the post-Onslaught Hulk, he was missing the Banner part of the merger.

Doesn't really explain how Banner became the Savage Hulk in the "Heroes Reborn" world though....

Kind of interesting I think the Hulk that's exiled in the first place in the Daniel Way issues is meant to be Savage, but by the time he arrives on Sakaar he's in "Gravage" mode.

Then I think there's a few Hulks that are hard to classify. Has anybody ever thought of an explanation why Hulk is kind of verbose right before the Vegas incident in Fantastic Four? Certainly seems like this might be merged or Banner in control.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/