Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Surprised no one posted this here yet, but some Nic Klein previews for the first issue of the new series.

Very much an Immortal Hulk vibe from it, the monster looks cool and the body horror looks great.

Attachment 130567
    Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    EDIT: CBR's image software sucks.

Larger versions:

https://i.imgur.com/4TjchBO.png

https://i.imgur.com/rhLyWwX.png
    Phenomenal sneak peek! I have a really, really good feeling about this series! PKJ and NK's INCREDIBLE HULK may be the biggest series for them ever! If this and the interview don't have you excited, you're not a true Hulk fan or a lifetime reader of the character!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Loved Klein's work on Thor, glad he's still continuing over here on Hulk

Fantastic artist

BANNED

I wish i was going to the Megacon I'd love to ask him some questions regarding the new Hulk run. Although most of them are spoilery so i dunno if it would be the best idea.

I'm hoping that the shakeups today doesn't derail this run, especially since the comics will have closer oversight under Disney.

I'm fine with letting Ike go, just not sure about Marvel being less autonomous within Disney.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

The shake up is targeting the movie side of Marvel, it will have no impact on comics or at least it will have no impact on Hulk.

But this is just part of what i was saying the other day, MCU is dying slowly and expect to see a lot more of this in the coming months and years. Expect to see a lot more delayed and canceled shows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The shake up is targeting the movie side of Marvel, it will have no impact on comics or at least it will have no impact on Hulk.

But this is just part of what i was saying the other day, MCU is dying slowly and expect to see a lot more of this in the coming months and years. Expect to see a lot more delayed and canceled shows as well.
    No it’s going to hurt the comics side. Iger is looking to cut 7000 jobs, some of those jobs are likely going to be redundancies in Marvel because Disney is apparently fully absorbing Marvel into itself instead of letting it be its own entity like it had been. Marvel is likely going to experience the exact same thing DC went through, just hopefully not to the same extent.

I don’t *think* it will really affect PKJ, Hulk is usually a strong enough seller that his book should be left alone, but I expect a reduction in the amount of comics Marvel puts out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    The best Spider-Man/Hulk team-up we never knew we needed.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The best Spider-Man/Hulk team-up we never knew we needed.
    Excluding Immortal Hulk, the fact that it takes a former Hulk writer, using an alt that hasn't had a regular appearance since 1991, is producing far more enjoyable stories than anything modern Marvel has produced in the last decade or more is kind of depressing to think about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Excluding Immortal Hulk, the fact that it takes a former Hulk writer, using an alt that hasn't had a regular appearance since 1991, is producing far more enjoyable stories than anything modern Marvel has produced in the last decade or more is kind of depressing to think about.
    Eh to be fair even PAD can be a big hit or miss nowadays. Like his Maestro series was incredibly disappointing. But yea the point about modern Marvel still stands, it's so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I blame the MCU. Iron Man and Cap really benefitted from their MCU incarnations expanding their fanbases, but the Ruffalo Hulk has been so bad I’d argue he’s actually downgraded Hulk’s status overall. Hulk’s fanbase didn’t grow and a lot of people think he’s just a dumb simple brute or even worse, comic relief.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

what new monster creatures does the new writer promise to introduce?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what new monster creatures does the new writer promise to introduce?
    He did come out and say there will be a new type of monster that will be introduced, i assume they will be tied to the Mother of Horror. Beyond that i am sure him and Nic Klein are designing all kinds of new monsters and also we will be getting some of the old ones we have seen before.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #455
    “Waiting to X-Hale”
    Cover Date: August 1997
    Sale Date: June 18th, 1997
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Adam Kubert
    Inker: Dan Green
    Letterer: John Workman
    Colorist: Digital Chameleon
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The X-Men, Forge, Betty Banner, Henry Gyrich, Janis and Rick Jones, General Ross
    Villain: Apocalypse
    Synopsis: Open to Wolverine holding a still-unconscious Hulk at the doorstep of the X-Mansion. Sam Guthrie aka Cannonball, is flabbergasted, saying he’ll wreck the mansion. After running that joke into the ground for the next several panels, we see Storm and Cable talking to Forge about making something capable of taking care of the Hulk, with “finality” if need be. Cut to New York City, where we see Betty tearfully going over what appears to be the final draft of her book. She’s interrupted by Henry Gyrich, who says that something has come up, she’s needed asap. Betty declines, but Gyrich is insistent, it pertains to her father. Still declined and then Gyrich shows her a picture…and her demeanor changes and agrees to go. Back at the X-Mansion, the Hulk is beginning to wake up and Cable and Cyclops have agreed to shackle him, while Wolverine is still insistent he won’t wreck anything. The shackles don’t work, and the Hulk breaks free. Cut to Florida, where we see Janis Jones about to be questioned by a couple of police officers, as they recognize her from the Hulk Island incident. Before things get ugly, Rick arrives and the two take off. Back at the mansion, the Hulk is giving a thrashing to the X-Men, but he’s tricked into the Danger Room. He begins to calm down but realizes where he’s at and breaks free. Elsewhere, Forge arrives with the weapon Storm commissioned about, just as the Hulk and Wolverine come crashing through the floor. Hulk recognizes the gun but mysteriously disappears before Forge can use it. As the X-Men question his whereabouts, we see the Hulk in the presence of Apocalypse. Simultaneously, Betty is shocked to see her father, General “Thunderbolt” Ross, alive and well.
    Commentary: That is one clumsy-ass cover. Ugh, mid-90’s Marvel was so hit and miss, and this is just a mish-mash of weak compositional characters. Here’s where Kubert’s art begins to suffer, and I think part of it was Dan Green as inker. I associate Green as Marc Silvestri’s inker for so long, and I don’t think they’re a good fit.
    Here’s where we find out about the gun the Maestro was talking about and we get the official return of General Ross. I was hesitant about this resurrection, thinking that this was a setup of sorts, maybe a clone even. But we’ll get to that in a few months. As far as Apocalypse…not sure why he was brought in, and next issue, with him becoming a Horseman, meh. Not needed.

Spectacular Member

I’m so bad, I’m still not finished with Immortal, is the consensus opinion to skip Cates run entirely? I have it all but I can just as easily toss it in my Goodwill pile..anyone?