Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Also i loved this first issue of Hulk. It was really good, it's a set up issue which is fine but i am very much liking what it seems to be setting up, i enjoyed the callbacks, the tone was perfect the new villains are interesting. Nic Kleins art is phenomenal, Hulk is looking scary as hell again.

I actually do like this new character Charlie so far, i think she will be there to anchor Banner and us as well, keep us grounded and bring the much needed human side to all the destruction and horrors we will see. I guess we will have to wait and see how she develops, but so far this is looking really promising.

INCREDIBLE HULK #4
    PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • TRAVEL FOREMAN (A) • COVER BY NIC KLEIN
    VARIANT COVER BY FRANCIS MANAPUL • STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY C.F. VILLA
    THE GREEN GIANTS THROW DOWN! HULK VS. MAN-THING!
    • Trouble awaits in the foggy bogs when a sultry seductress of the swamp lures unsuspecting victims into her trap! What is this mysterious creature’s connection to the Swamp Walker himself?
    • It’s rage versus empathy as these two green goliaths come to blows – and even the Hulk isn’t immune to Man-Thing’s deadly acid!
    • Guest artist Travel Foreman joins Phillip Kennedy Johnson for a twisted two-part tale!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hulk vs. Man-Thing is a badass match up that I don’t think we’ve ever gotten so I’m excited to see that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hulk vs. Man-Thing is a badass match up that I don’t think we’ve ever gotten so I’m excited to see that.
    We have actually at least twice, once against Professor Hulk and another time when Man Thing and Glob teamed up to take down Savage Hulk by the orders of Collector.

The match up that we haven't seen ever that i am excited about, because it 100% feels like something that should have happened a long time ago is Hulk vs Mangog. Not to say i am not excited about Hulk vs Man-Thing as well, it's a good match up for sure.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 06-22-2023 at 03:48 PM.

Even Green Scar knows fear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually i wonder if this is the case this time, PKJ explicitly said that this time around everyone else will be fearing this Hulk, so we will see.

Only if Phillip Kennedy Johnson uses all of Man-Thing's mystical abilities. That would be the only thing that would make this battle any different from their battles in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In Avengers: The Initiative #5, Hulk confronted a human/demon hybrid named Trauma/Emo-Boy with telepathic abilities to bring fear out of someone. It was revealed that Green Scar has no fear. The only fear that was ever suggested the Hulk has was started by Peter David who suggested Hulk developed the ability to see ghosts due to the fear of killing his father and that his father's spirit might come back and get him for it. Jeff Parker suggested that all gamma irradiated beings have the ability to see through the different spectrums including astral realms if they learned to activate that ability.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 06-22-2023 at 06:38 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Anyone have any hopes for Hulk over in Hickman’s new Ultimate Universe? spoilers:
    It being set on an entirely different Earth makes me hope we might get a better take on Hulk this time. Was not a big fan of 1610 Hulk being a cannibal rapist, felt like a case of all edge and no point. Hope that 6160 Hulk gets better treatment.
    end of spoilers It’s less of a pressing need since 616 Hulk actually seems set for the short term under PKJ… but I’ll never say no to more Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    We have actually at least twice, once against Professor Hulk and another time when Man Thing and Glob teamed up to take down Savage Hulk by the orders of Collector.

The match up that we haven't seen ever that i am excited about, because it 100% feels like something that should have happened a long time ago is Hulk vs Mangog. Not to say i am not excited about Hulk vs Man-Thing as well, it's a good match up for sure.
    Ah I didn’t remember those, might go reread those issues as prep for the Hulk vs. Man-Thing fight coming up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The Man-Thing & Glob story was back in Incredible Hulk #197-198 (the former with a great cover by Bernie Wrightson), and was then novelized as the short prose story "Museum Piece" in the Marvel Super-Heroes novel in 1979.

The Professor Hulk story also involved the Glob, from Incredible Hulk #389. (It's in the middle of Peter David's long run, but is one of two stories he didn't write.)

And then, there was another Hulk/Man-Thing story in John Byrne's Hulk #6-7, but that Man-Thing was revealed to not be the real one, as it disintegrated at the end of the story. Still, it's got good art by Ron Garney.

~G., looking forward to this new feud

BANNED

Anyone have any hopes for Hulk over in Hickman’s new Ultimate Universe? spoilers:
    It being set on an entirely different Earth makes me hope we might get a better take on Hulk this time. Was not a big fan of 1610 Hulk being a cannibal rapist, felt like a case of all edge and no point. Hope that 6160 Hulk gets better treatment.
    end of spoilers It’s less of a pressing need since 616 Hulk actually seems set for the short term under PKJ… but I’ll never say no to more Hulk
    Personally i don't have much hope or care for alternate universe Hulks, especially anything even remotely related to Ultimate universe. Also Hickman has kind of a poor track record in treating alternate versions of Hulk, so i dont have high hopes, but i dont care as we have 616 Hulk in good hands and that's all i need.

PKJ has been doing 2 interviews in 2 days and has talked about Hulk extensively. In the latest interview he didn't reveal too much but he did make a promise to Hulk fans that he will be throwing the biggest and baddest monsters and horrors at Hulk for some of the biggest brawls Marvel has seen.

I feel like all of this is setting up for a potential Marvel Hulk-centric event, i guess we will have to wait and see.

Blonsky's back as the Abomination (came back through the Rick/Fortean "suit" which was partly a clone of his old body) so we'll probably see them tackle each other fairly soon.

Juggernaut perhaps? He fought Devil a few years ago.

Of course there's also Thing, Red Hulk, Bi-Beast, Wendigo, etc....

Has Hulk had Samson in his Sasquatch form as an opponent yet?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Can you post links to the interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    Can you post links to the interviews?
    This is the one I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/live/aC7Pp5RN_oI?feature=share

Some of the info he shared:

-Point of introducing Charlie was to give Hulk someone he can protect, since Hulk still needs to be the hero of the book, but he and Banner are enemies for the moment
    -Charlie has a very different relationship with Hulk and Bruce, sounds like she admires Hulk and also envies his power since she is so weak herself.
    -Issue 2 is his favorite issue he’s written thus far, he can’t wait for people to read it
    -Admits it’s hard to really do anything new with Hulk since he’s been around for so long. While Al Ewing’s horror was of a more cosmic bent, PKJ’s horror aims to be more mythological
    -Sees Gamma as the bridge between black science and dark magic

Think Mcgee also admired Hulk's power. Sort of.

She did eventually get gamma-vision, or at least gamma soul vision.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Absolutely loved the first issue. This is what we needed right after Immortal ended... not that spaceship Hulk junk.