Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Damn... looks like they are going all out with the feats at least. Playing a game where the objective is to jump into atmosphere with the weight of a planets core(which are about 50% of the planets whole weight) is absolutely insane... Also a bunch of Hulks casually destroyed planets just to make and compress this cores which makes them even more insane... this is cartoonish levels of silly lol.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Okay this is fucking great honestly

"Uninhabited planets. We aren't monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Anyone else feel that pretty much the whole post-Pantheon Merged Hulk run was pretty awful? (Even notwithstanding the blackface issue)
    When I read all of PAD’s Hulk run a couple years back, that was the portion of the run that I thought was the weakest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay this is fucking great honestly

"Uninhabited planets. We aren't monsters."
    Love it. xD

Comics are often at their best when they're not ashamed of being this completely over the top.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When I read all of PAD’s Hulk run a couple years back, that was the portion of the run that I thought was the weakest.
    To be fair, it was derailed by Onslaught, and never got back on track

Hello again, Hulk fans. I had another curious question about the big green guy. I was wondering where does his "Doc Green" persona come from? I heard it was another smart version of Hulk. Is he smarter then Prof. Hulk? Does he count as his own personality as well? Has he had any recent appearances in Hulk stories?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Hello again, Hulk fans. I had another curious question about the big green guy. I was wondering where does his "Doc Green" persona come from? I heard it was another smart version of Hulk. Is he smarter then Prof. Hulk? Does he count as his own personality as well? Has he had any recent appearances in Hulk stories?
    Ever see G1 Transformers Season 3 episode "Grimlock's New Brain"?
    Dumb old Grimlock is exposed to anti-electrons and becomes super smart, creating the Technobots and giving his intelligence to their gestalt form Computron.

Kind of the same thing with the Hulk.
    The Savage Hulk had been exposed to the Extremis Virus, and the after-effect was him gaining super intelligence. He chose the name "Doc Green" because of his hatred of Banner, and disdain for the name "Hulk", as he associated it with him.

This wasn't Banner taking control over his body again, it wasn't some stupid retcon obliterating previous stories about a cure, it's just the "Hulk Smash!" Hulk becoming super-smart, and then realizing it's effects were going to wear off and he'd become the savage Hulk again. Knowing this, his goal was to cure all the other gamma mutates associated with the title over the last few years. Red She-Hulk, Abom, Skaar, Red Hulk - all cured before it wore off and he went savage again.

BANNED

Yea after i read this issue it seems that Ottley is just going all out with over the top action. Which is fine, that's pretty much what his artwork is known for and with only a handful of issues left to the run you can't do much more other than give a bombastic ending.

The feats at least are cranked up to 11... Hulk on 0 to 2 levels of anger casually playing volleyball with planetary cores, breaking planets... insane stuff, I wonder how hard Ottley is gonna push it, seems like Hulk will get angrier and angrier and this is what will unleash the Titan in a final fight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, it was derailed by Onslaught, and never got back on track
    There were over a year of issues between Pantheon & Onslaught (#426-443) and they were Generally Bad. You can't blame Onslaught for that. (And the Kubert issues - #454-467 & #-1, albeit with some fill-ins - were after the "derailing", and as a group they were easily better than #426-443, at least.)

Today’s issue was basically the equivalent of the X-Men baseball filler issues except since it’s Hulk they play with planet cores! Great art if nothing else
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This issue was planet crackin' funny.

Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This issue was planet crackin' funny.

Get it.
    It was comedy hitting to the core.

Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by superfan90 View Post
    it was comedy hitting to the core.

Get it?
    dohohohohohoohh

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar