Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm ... NYCC news seems to be a bust for Rogue and Gambit so far (as usual), but I guess they are at least on some promo art for the next era for whatever that's worth.

Really impatient for some significant X-Men'97 news too.
    Promo art for any that didn’t see yet.

Edit: dang it it didn’t work, lol

Trying again…

Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-16-2023 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Trying again…

Thanks for sharing!

It's great to see them so prominent. I hope it means SOMETHING.

I know this is a favorite Rogue for a lot of folks. It's not my favorite for her (I HATE the weird thong underwear over the tights), but I do love the green and black for her and would enjoy a new costume with those dominant colors.

Remy could use a little revamp too.

Astonishing Member

It would be nice if it meant something, lol. I also agree about the black and green, great colors, but it looks like an 80’s jazzercise outfit.

They just put the three most recognizable characters (Wolvie, Rogue, Gambit) in the foreground for promotional purposes. There’s zero chance G&R will show up in the final act of this era. I hope the retro outfits don’t indicate some kind of time travel shenanigans were Gambit and Rogue are reset to factory standard.

Not G&R specific, but I loathe the way Cyke is sitting. The manspread slouch with the viewer at crotch-level is yuck, and it isn’t, to me, an indication of his character. It looks like an arrogant Magneto pose. Scott should be more upright.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Trying again…

Hmm wonder what's up with those 80s and 90s costumes on the right side.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hmm wonder what's up with those 80s and 90s costumes on the right side.
    Could be nothing. I remember that first HoX/PoX teaser that Brooks did had some weird costumes in it that I don't believe were ever addressed
    Make Good Art

Rogue's episode from the Women of Marvel podcast is out ! With Kelly and Lenore Zann as guests !

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue's episode from the Women of Marvel podcast is out ! With Kelly and Lenore Zann as guests !
    Thank you!!! So excited to go check it out!!!

Also can't wait to pick up Dark X-Men today. Hearing good things via spoilers about Remy's appearance. Not hearing such great things in spoilers about Rogue's presence in UA though which is a bummer.

Ok, the podcast was a HUGE treat for any Romy fan!

If you love Rogue (and Gambit) you MUST give it a listen! https://www.marvel.com/women-of-marvel

The guest list was fantastic! First off, Preeti Chhibber is one of the hosts, but then there was Kelly Thompson, Lenore Zann, Julia Lewald, Cass Morris ... yeah, Alisa Kwitney too if you liked her novel. Ellie Pile was quite charming.They even had on a guest psychologist! I was giddy with joy. They are all one of us!

And all the hosts and guests were positive towards Gambit as a character too and as a partner to Rogue. No backhanded Gambivalence.

If you listen and like it, make sure to reach out and let them know!

Anything to let Marvel know there are fans who love these characters, appreciate when they're appreciated, and are hoping to see more of their pairing in future Marvel endeavors.

Also, today Dark X-Men was pretty great! Finally we see the right kind of edge on Gambit!!! I have been dying to see him explode a person for as long as I could remember, but obviously it would only make sense under very dire and desperate circumstances such as this! I am loving it! This is edgy Gambit, not that guy tying innocent bystanders to exploding ovens for no good reason.

I didn't pick up Uncanny Avengers and no regrets. Sounds like a snooze for Rogue fans. I saw one panel spoiler that I think likely sets up Rogue going to meet with Gambit next issue. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to that reunion!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 10-25-2023 at 07:22 PM.

If you love Rogue (and Gambit) you MUST give it a listen! https://www.marvel.com/women-of-marvel

The guest list was fantastic! First off, Preeti Chhibber is one of the hosts, but then there was Kelly Thompson, Lenore Zann, Julia Lewald, Cass Morris ... yeah, Alisa Kwitney too if you liked her novel. Ellie Pile was quite charming.They even had on a guest psychologist! I was giddy with joy. They are all one of us!

And all the hosts and guests were positive towards Gambit as a character too and as a partner to Rogue. No backhanded Gambivalence.

If you listen and like it, make sure to reach out and let them know!

Anything to let Marvel know there are fans who love these characters, appreciate when they're appreciated, and are hoping to see more of their pairing in future Marvel endeavors.

Also, today Dark X-Men was pretty great! Finally we see the right kind of edge on Gambit!!! I have been dying to see him explode a person for as long as I could remember, but obviously it would only make sense under very dire and desperate circumstances such as this! I am loving it! This is edgy Gambit, not that guy tying innocent bystanders to exploding ovens for no good reason.

I didn't pick up Uncanny Avengers and no regrets. Sounds like a snooze for Rogue fans. I saw one panel spoiler that I think likely sets up Rogue going to meet with Gambit next issue. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to that reunion!
    I'm going to give it a listen sometime soon! And I am so glad to hear there were no digs at Gambit in it.

Yes! Gambit's part in today's Dark X-Men was great! Finally shown to be effective and smart and making hard choices that actually make sense like you said.

And yeah you didn't miss anything in regards to Rogue in Uncanny Avengers.

Please paint us a picture-I need to know more.

Fingers crossed. You mean when Captain America sends Rogue to talk to the X-men? (That's what I've seen).

Does that imply that she hasn't been with them before?

I don't know how they're going to meet if Remy is now on a ship and the X-men on the tunnels.

But hey, hopefully it happens and it will be memorable.

100% SPEAK ON IT KELLY!!
    She's so correct. Marriage does not have to be boring. It is the SAME relationship it was before -- why would that change it??
    They're fun. They're sexy. They just file taxes jointly now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    They just file taxes jointly now lol
    Remy files taxes to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Remy files taxes to start with?
    There was a very good fanfic in which Remy explained that he did his (now their) taxes so as not to draw attention to his shenanigans. Lol.

One of the funniest little details about Remy is that he has millions of dollars spread across different accounts under different aliases. I love the fact that he's super rich and hardly anyone knows it.