Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Mr. & Mrs. X: The Gambit and Rogue Appreciation 2023

Welcome to the Gambit and Rogue Appreciation Thread for 2023!

If you're a fan of BOTH of these characters, you've landed in the right place! Join us here to show your love for them, both as individuals and as a pairing, and to discuss this popular X-Couple.

Mr._and_Mrs._X_Vol_1_6.jpg

Please remember to respect that this is an APPRECIATION thread and follow the site rules.

In this thread we love both Gambit and Rogue - faults, flaws and all! And we enjoy and want them as a couple. Character attacks on either of them or on the pairing are not welcome here and will be reported.

IMG_vxcrsc.jpg

Recent History:
    Rogue (Anna Marie) and Gambit (Remy LeBeau) married in X-Men: Gold #30 in 2018 when Gambit proposed to Rogue on-the-spot at the reception of Kitty and Colossus's failed wedding, effectively stealing a wedding in a surprise twist that made headlines. This came on the heels of their highly praised miniseries Rogue and Gambit, where the couple reunited after several years apart. Their adventures as a married couple were then explored in the exceptional series that followed, Mr. and Mrs. X in 2018-2019.

When the Krakoa era was launched in 2019-2020, Gambit and Rogue spent a couple years on the Excalibur team book. Rogue eventually moved to the relaunched X-Men title team in 2021-2022 for a year stint while Gambit remained on the relaunched Excalibur mini, Knights of X.

Currently our dynamic duo find themselves caught up in the pages of Captain Marvel starting at issue #43 in the midst of a Brood mystery in space. Several X-Men, including Gambit, followed up on a distress call from Rogue sent to Carol Danvers and now find themselves in a major predicament. In 2023, we'll see how this adventure plays out.

We also can enjoy the current retrospective adventure for our duo in X-Treme X-Men volume 2, as Remy and Rogue help track down Ogun.

Later this March, we can also expect a new Rogue and Gambit miniseries to grace the racks.

And what will Fall of X mean for our couple?

Join us here to discuss as it all unfolds.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-01-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Happy New Year to Romy and it's fans !

Happy New year, everyone! Look at all these fresh new threads waiting to be derailed.

Happy New Year, Rogue and Gambit fans! Hope it's a fun one!

Cheers to all the Romy fans!

Hopefully the Darkholme-Adler family reunions are satisfying in R&G (i.e. Gambit isn't constantly ridiculed by the matriarchs and Destiny's characterization is more similar to Carey's run than to Duggan's)
    I'm also hoping for a Kurt cameo

At least Kelly Thompson's pen in Captain Marvel is a safe bet for Romy

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Mr. & Mrs. X

Happy New Year Romy fans!

Loving all these posts! Makes me want to go back and do the complete read through of their comics history all over again.

But I do have a good feeling about 2023 for them.

Very excited for Captain Marvel #45 next week.

And I liked their small showing in X-Treme last week. Claremont didn't let either if them be pushovers. Should be interesting as Remy is now the ace up the sleeve in the hunt for Ogun and Rogue is still kicking butt without her powers. Still hoping we see how her powers return.

I'm trying to stay optimistic and hopeful, but realistic for Rogue and Gambit volume 2. Not letting Kelly write it feels like a huge mistake, but I guess other writers will need a chance to carry on the story sooner or later and Stephanie Phillips comes well regarded. I'm glad at least Marvel is giving them a book and a purpose. Definitely anxious about how Remy and Destiny will be handled though.

It's funny, just that one panel that Leah Williams gave us in X-Terminators of them playing baseball with the kids was so fulfilling. I'd love to see more mentorship from them. It's anyone's guess what Fall of X could bring.

Speaking of ringing in 2023 ... it's time to announce the winning themes/prompts for Rogue and Gambit fanworks week, which should time out perfectly to kick off the new Rogue and Gambit miniseries in March.

Full guidelines/info can be found here:
    https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...2/jj2cjbw6zl8k

I'm listing the two themes/prompts for each day below in bold along with the daily fan participation prompts in italics.

I really hope y'all will find a way to participate that suits you, whether that be creation, review or discussion. If you have any questions, feel welcome to ask!

Day 1 - Sunday, February 26th - Battle Couple | Only One Bed
    What brought you into Romy fandom?

Day 2 - Monday, February 27th - Cats | Arranged Marriage
    ‘Their Song’ — What do you think Romy would choose for ‘their song’ and why?

Day 3 - Tuesday, February 28th - Family Dinner | Flirting
    Top Ten List — What’s your Romy top ten? Story arcs, fanfics, moments, lines, costumes, etc.

Day 4 - Wednesday, March 1st - Rogue messing with friends after she got her powers under control, but they don’t know it yet | Murder Mystery
    What is the ‘moment’ which exemplifies Romy for you?

Day 5 - Thursday, March 2nd - First Child | Fake Dating
    FanFic Rec Lists

Day 6 - Friday, March 3rd - Valle Soleada | Enemies to Lovers
    For those who have been in fandom since the early days, share your memories—what were the prevalent fan theories, popular fanons, the ‘must read’ fanfics, fandom communities, etc.

Day 7 - Saturday, March 4th - Golden Anniversary | Free Day

Spectacular Member

Hope thie year will be much better than the last couple of years

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Happy New Year! Excited for their anniversary and all of the fan works we will be seeing in the coming months

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Happy New Year! Excited for their anniversary and all of the fan works we will be seeing in the coming months

I like how the artist even captures Remy pinching her butt .

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how the artist even captures Remy pinching her butt .
    Right? He's got a one-track mind sometimes
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Ok, this is awesome! And also, 100% nobody but Gambit could get away with that butt pinch even before they tied the knot.