Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    It would be funny if Remy said "Alex you don't need to be a zombie to be in a relationship. I'm in one and look at me! I'm not a zombie.

Jokes aside I hope we get a reunion, if not in issue 4 in issue 5 of either comic.
    So just saw a tweet from from Duggan’s on another thread, there are going to be three ‘romances’ in UA, so still a chance that the relationship mention is..not good….*roll eyes*

I usually don’t listen marvel podcasts, ut was basically stuck home sick this weekend, so I listened to the rogue one. It was fun, the hosts were very enthusiastic and I didn’t expect that much talk about gambit. It was also somewhat amusing that they talked a lot about gambit, but didn’t mention magneto until the end when they were talking about Legacy and weren’t nearly as ‘enthused’ and kids hand waved. ‘Part of making decisions is sometimes making the wrong decision’ lol. No mention of Deadpool, we’ll see how that goes with UA…

So just saw a tweet from from Duggan’s on another thread, there are going to be three ‘romances’ in UA, so still a chance that the relationship mention is..not good….*roll eyes*
    that would come out of nowhere and Foxe spoke highly of Romy in an interview. So I hope it doesn't disappoint as I'm really enjoying Dark- x-men.

I think the romance may be Captain America and Kwanon ( although that would also come out of nowhere) but Duggan has had her fangirling over Cap so ....

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Maybe Duggan should focus on making a team book actually feel like a team book instead of shipping random people together for his own enjoyment
    Make Good Art

Yes, it looks more like Captain America and his fans than a team book.
    I read in an interview that Duggan wanted the couples he created to stick when he was gone. I doubt very much that he thinks that breaking up a popular couple to create a totally random one is going to be a success. He can't be that naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    that would come out of nowhere and Foxe spoke highly of Romy in an interview. So I hope it doesn't disappoint as I'm really enjoying Dark- x-men.

I think the romance may be Captain America and Kwanon ( although that would also come out of nowhere) but Duggan has had her fangirling over Cap so ....
    I doubt they allowed Duggan to break Staron

I have to take back all my doubts about Steve Foxe. Dark X-Men #4 was excellent from a Romy fan perspective.

I'm mixed on the art, but it's serviceable and has nice emotion. I could do without the gore and body horror elements, but it's also kind of par for the course for the situation and the theme.

I just appreciate so much seeing Rogue and Gambit being written as whole persons who exist without being codependent, but still obviously worry about each other and miss each other.

Their conversation was a nice way to frame the recap. I like that Foxe is highly aware of the kind of upbringing and experiences that shaped both characters, Gambit especially.

Such a welcome departure from R&G v2 and Excalibur.

Not sure I'm as excited to see them back with Duggan or Rogue's newly chopped hair, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I have to take back all my doubts about Steve Foxe. Dark X-Men #4 was excellent from a Romy fan perspective.

I'm mixed on the art, but it's serviceable and has nice emotion. I could do without the gore and body horror elements, but it's also kind of par for the course for the situation and the theme.

I just appreciate so much seeing Rogue and Gambit being written as whole persons who exist without being codependent, but still obviously worry about each other and miss each other.

Their conversation was a nice way to frame the recap. I like that Foxe is highly aware of the kind of upbringing and experiences that shaped both characters, Gambit especially.

Such a welcome departure from R&G v2 and Excalibur.

Not sure I'm as excited to see them back with Duggan or Rogue's newly chopped hair, but we'll see.
    It feels like different characters. Which in many ways made the R&G mini so hard to trundle through. Who where those characters?

I am on the fence with Duggan. Mostly because I fear he will follow up on the mini. What a disjointed mess it would be if suddenly Remy and Anna are being toxic and having problems again. Remy drinking again would make zero sense after his appereance in Dark. Unless they want to go trauma=alcohol. But if so the X-men should a bunch of drinkers by now, all of them.

I haven't seen any cover featuring either Anna or Remy. When will they appear on covers for FotHX? It seems weird, not even a variant so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It feels like different characters. Which in many ways made the R&G mini so hard to trundle through. Who where those characters?

I am on the fence with Duggan. Mostly because I fear he will follow up on the mini. What a disjointed mess it would be if suddenly Remy and Anna are being toxic and having problems again. Remy drinking again would make zero sense after his appereance in Dark. Unless they want to go trauma=alcohol. But if so the X-men should a bunch of drinkers by now, all of them.

I haven't seen any cover featuring either Anna or Remy. When will they appear on covers for FotHX? It seems weird, not even a variant so far.
    Wolvie is drinking a beer in the preview, so maybe you’re right! Everyone else on the plane sitting there silently accepting he’s a high-functioning alcoholic.

I think G&R will do what Rogue did during the first year of Duggan’s XMen - fly the plane. Except now she has a co-pilot! Fly the plane and go get things, off panel. Best case scenario. Otherwise it’s going to be the Everyone Hates Remy show, only with two evil mother in laws living next door.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Wolvie is drinking a beer in the preview, so maybe you’re right! Everyone else on the plane sitting there silently accepting he’s a high-functioning alcoholic.

I think G&R will do what Rogue did during the first year of Duggan’s XMen - fly the plane. Except now she has a co-pilot! Fly the plane and go get things, off panel. Best case scenario. Otherwise it’s going to be the Everyone Hates Remy show, only with two evil mother in laws living next door.
    That team is on the paper good for Rogue. Her stepbrother Kurt. Logan who is usually a good friend to her. Peter who has had a small crush on her. Only Kitty who is more neutral.

For Remy it’s Logan who he usually is friends with, but it’s complicated. Kurt who is… well more friendly than neutral? Or maybe just neutral. Kitty who is neutral and Peter who disliked him when he had that small crush on Rogue.

Fantastic Member

That team is on the paper good for Rogue. Her stepbrother Kurt. Logan who is usually a good friend to her. Peter who has had a small crush on her. Only Kitty who is more neutral.

For Remy it’s Logan who he usually is friends with, but it’s complicated. Kurt who is… well more friendly than neutral? Or maybe just neutral. Kitty who is neutral and Peter who disliked him when he had that small crush on Rogue.
    Ah I see you're forgetting the bachelor party that turned out to be for Remy instead of Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yes! This is all I've been wanting since they got married: a couple who treat superhero-ing as their day job but still make time for each other. It's such a simple concept that shows how characters can be married and still be bad-asses apart from each other.

I am blanking on this. When did Peter have a crush on Rogue?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Ah I see you're forgetting the bachelor party that turned out to be for Remy instead of Peter.
    Haha yes I have to reread that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes! This is all I've been wanting since they got married: a couple who treat superhero-ing as their day job but still make time for each other. It's such a simple concept that shows how characters can be married and still be bad-asses apart from each other.

I am blanking on this. When did Peter have a crush on Rogue?
    After operation total zero when they tried to save the young girl that Charles had befriended while captured by bastion. I think it was Cerebro targeting her.

I think it was man of action writing then. So Seagle, Kelly or Casey.

Colossus kissed Rogue in X-men #100, but nothing came from it after that.

Ooohhh, the Revolution era. I forgot all about that.
    Make Good Art

I remember she and Colossus were flirting after she realized she could kiss him in his armored form, which had been proven false before. For some reason I thought this was Claremont writing it. Anyway, Rogue was mad at Gambit for being an XMan and head of the Guild and wanting him to choose when she and Colossus ran into each other and I guess that was enough for Rogue to kiss him. That’s my memory of it, so it could be wrong or fanfic I just made up.