Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I remember she and Colossus were flirting after she realized she could kiss him in his armored form, which had been proven false before. For some reason I thought this was Claremont writing it. Anyway, Rogue was mad at Gambit for being an XMan and head of the Guild and wanting him to choose when she and Colossus ran into each other and I guess that was enough for Rogue to kiss him. That’s my memory of it, so it could be wrong or fanfic I just made up.
    Peter was hard, borderline hostile towards Remy during this. In his eyes Remy wasn't worth Rogue. In general Peter had some rough years here.

Foxe writes a great Gambit. I hope he will use Remy in his next projects.

Glad that Gambit and Rogue are on Fall team.
    They both are not on the cover, so I assume they will get Husk and Archangel treatment like in HOXPOX 4.

Fantastic Member

Looks like another Gambit hater will be the main writer for X-Men, I a referring to. Simone. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Looks like another Gambit hater will be the main writer for X-Men, I a referring to. Simone. ;(
    Do we know why she dislikes Remy? Apparently she likes Rogue. Is it that she doesn't like them together?

On Twitter someone said they would like to see her write Gambit for seeing how she handles with a character she hates. Simone responded that she liked Gambit. But she a big troll so I don't know how true that is.

But anyway, it's not a new thing to have writers who hate Remy and say so publicly.

What we need is professional writers who keep their hates to their living rooms and do their jobs for ALL the fans.
    Last edited by Ilargi; 11-18-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Do we know why she dislikes Remy? Apparently she likes Rogue. Is it that she doesn't like them together?
    Just google Gambit and Gail Simone, and she has 2 Twitter post about Gambit, one is something Gambit is narc..? narcissist is my guess

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    On Twitter someone said they would like to see her write Gambit for seeing how she handles with a character she hates. Simone responded that she liked Gambit. But she a big troll so I don't know how true that is.

But anyway, it's not a new thing to have writers who hate Remy and say so publicly.

What we need is professional writers who keep their hates to their living rooms and do their jobs for ALL the fans.
    I read it somewhere that the writer of R&G v2 said she likes Gambit and looks how she character assassinated Gambit.

I think it's Narc for drug trafficker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I read it somewhere that the writer of R&G v2 said she likes Gambit and looks how she character assassinated Gambit.
    I don't mean that I believe her. But hey, nothing is confirmed yet, until it's announced that Simone is going to write an X-men book and Remy is going to be in it it's nothing but noise.
    Last edited by Ilargi; 11-18-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Narc is slang for either a narcotics officer or a police informant, like a snitch. Neither makes sense when describing Gambit, so I’m inclined to think she’s making an inside joke no one is privy to. I agree with Ilargi, nothing to be upset about. I think it’s a great step forward to have a writer with her chops on the x-books, and hopefully she is not the token female in the bullpen.

I follow Simone on twitter.
    She is a nice person but she hates Gambit.
    It is not just 2 posts. It happens all the time.

Rosenberg is a huge Gambit hater but he wrote Remy well in a small Christmas 1 page story with Madrox.

Last edited by Purplevit; 11-18-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, Simone is pretty vocal about her dislike for Gambit on twitter, to the point where I stopped following her. She and KT even get into some friendly jabs about it.

Again, I'm not too worried about her doing anything to actively make him look bad, like Duggan might. But I'm also not crossing my fingers that he's on her team.
    Make Good Art

All-New Member MarySophie_Gumbo's Avatar

Why is there so many writers who hate gambit? What did he do to them?? Did they play COD had an animosity against someone called gambit?
    Like is it because he uses pink clothes, his accent, his cards, for being from NOLA, being a sugar-coat for women (believe me, I heard someone who said that was the reason they didn’t like gambit), is it due to his flirtatious personality (like cmon what’s the problem of a character having a charismatic attractive teasing attitude, there’s worse marvel characters who say cringey jokes/pick up lines) Why do they hate him?? This is so painful
    Btw hi, I’m new!
    Last edited by MarySophie_Gumbo; 11-18-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarySophie_Gumbo View Post
    Why is there so many writers who hate gambit? What did he do to them?? Did they play COD had an animosity against someone called gambit?
    Like is it because he uses pink clothes, his accent, his cards, for being from NOLA, being a sugar-coat for women (believe me, I heard someone who said that was the reason they didn’t like gambit), is it due to his flirtatious personality (like cmon what’s the problem of a character having a charismatic attractive teasing attitude, there’s worse marvel characters who say cringey jokes/pick up lines) Why do they hate him?? This is so painful
    Btw hi, I’m new!
    Welcome!

For a lot of people, Gambit is the epitome of '90s cheese, a character designed by committee to appeal to fans. There's also those who just don't like the ladies-man character type and think he's more sleazy than charming. How you view Remy I think depends on your age and when you first encountered him, I think, but it also doesn't help that a lot of the character growth he's gotten in the last 25 years often gets ignored by lazy writers.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarySophie_Gumbo View Post
    Btw hi, I’m new!
    They don't know French, and hates that they need to study French in order to write him.

Remy always has good hair, they speak from envy.

And Welcome MarySophie!