Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Well at least we have more Steve Foxe coming our way! I'm excited for this!

xmen_97_001_cov.jpg

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...KhFJvWU52Z8NEc

If this is a 4 issue prequel starting late March, I guess fall/late summer for the show maybe? Unless it double ships.

But yeahhhh ... you are so right. Duggan seems to use any opportunity/character he can as a personal mouthpiece to diss on Gambit. As a result, I just don't want to pick up anything he writes. Frustrating.

I should want to pick up a book where Rogue and Gambit are in it, but here we go again with a writer that treats Rogue well and Gambit crappy.

Fantastic Member

Is there any panel, Gambit is thanking Rogue? If so happen there is it, can anyone tagged that panel to Duggan insta or tweet, I do not have tweet or im inactive on insta.

I sure hope this book has a more serious tone compared to the '97 mini Foxe wrote. I liked his Dark X-Men. I'm not asking for gore in any way just not the silliness of his other book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Is there any panel, Gambit is thanking Rogue? If so happen there is it, can anyone tagged that panel to Duggan insta or tweet, I do not have tweet or im inactive on insta.
    Pretty certain there's several panels out there that could work, but also I don't think it'd be worthwhile to engage with a creative like that. If anything it would probably just cause him to dig in and get even more super petty about the whole thing. My approach is that I won't have them pull these books or pick them up until I've read the reviews first to be sure Gambit is being treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I sure hope this book has a more serious tone compared to the '97 mini Foxe wrote. I liked his Dark X-Men. I'm not asking for gore in any way just not the silliness of his other book.
    Yeah the tones were so drastically different, but I do think the former was supposed to be a parody while the other was a horror so hopefully X-Men'97 will have a more earnest tone to match the show. The fact that he's working with the showrunner to set up that plot ... it's pretty exciting. Has Marvel ever done this before with something they've brought to the screen? I mean we've seen comics that are basically just the episodes printed after the fact, but a prequel?

Pretty certain there's several panels out there that could work, but also I don't think it'd be worthwhile to engage with a creative like that. If anything it would probably just cause him to dig in and get even more super petty about the whole thing. My approach is that I won't have them pull these books or pick them up until I've read the reviews first to be sure Gambit is being treated well.
    totally agree with this, it is better not to interact with him.

About Foxe's, I don't think it's a parody either, but I'm sure it's not as gore as DarkX-men.Hopefully we will see a preview soon

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think it's safe to say that Duggan is pretty much untouchable in his role right now, anyway. He's been part of the X-Books Boy's Club since the beginning of Krakoa, so any criticism is going to fall on deaf ears. And I kind of get it: Comic Fans and X-Fans can range from acting obnoxious to straight up harassing creatives, so it's probably easier to just shut it all out.

Heck, I just saw on twitter that KT was dealing with a bunch of crap about Birds of Prey and she's one of the few I've seen who responds, even going so far as to tell her fans not to harass the people criticizing her (bless her heart).
    Make Good Art

Ugh! Yeah I saw that. Like ... there's a time and place for legit criticism and a difference between having a discussion about something important and unsolicited attacks. I always think it's stupid, not to mention rude, to attack a writer about changes they're not at liberty to make with IP.

Even when it's the little jabs like what Duggan has been doing or that bad scene Stephanie Phillip's did with Remy that are totally their choice, I don't think it's cool to get into it on social media.

Anyway, on a happier note ... did y'all see this piece from Carola Borelli?

FB_IMG_1703271249053.jpg

The best revenge is being happy and keeping on loving what you love!

The two panels of Rogue and Deadpool have generated more chatter than the entire 4 issues of UA that came prior, and more than the “shocking reveal!!!1” of Capt Krakoa. Just shows how much the writer has entertained his audience. Big yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Anyway, on a happier note ... did y'all see this piece from Carola Borelli?

FB_IMG_1703271249053.jpg

The best revenge is being happy and keeping on loving what you love!
    Oooooh! utterly adorable! love it!

Happy X-Mas!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Merry Christmas Romy fans .

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas all!

Hoping for a New Year with some great Rogue and Gambit content!

I guess the Fall of the House of X #1 leaked. I have not looked for it, but I asked on Reddit about Rogue and Gambit's role in the issue and it sounds about what everyone expected. A whole lot of nothing. Sigh. I guess that page in the preview is their only real contribution. I doubt it will improve in the next ones either.

Astonishing Member

I guess it could be worse, literally it could be worse, but…c’est la vie…

There is a cute variant cover on other thread, I’m forgetting which thread though.