Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm so bummed out that it's ending, but it's hard to be mad about such a historically long and impressive run. 50 issue is astounding in this era.

I'm still sour that she wasn't tapped for Uncanny Avengers rather than Duggan, even though they are friends. I'm also extremely annoyed that we finally got Rogue back to the X-Men and the writers hardly used her at all this entire era even when she very specifically was tied into the outcome, like with Destiny's resurrection.
    Absolutely. But at this point, it’s more likely she’ll get to write them for the MCU and/or D+ than the X-office under current editorial.

Honestly, fingers crossed for that, too, since popularity in outside media definitely seems to inform a lot of mandates that Marvel execs force on the offices. That’d be some sweet revenge.

I know KT has something with Marvel she's excited for, but it sounded like characters she hasn't written before. So not likely anyone on this team if it is an X-book.

But yeah, this arc has made me really want more of this very specific team.
    Still have my fingers crossed that she eventually manages to steal Gambit away from the X-Office if her new book gets a longer run, especially since he likely won’t be doing anything aside from being used to sell variant covers and promo posters for books and events he isn’t in, as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Anyway, channeling positive energy to Gambit being freed of the x-office to launch into the greater Marvel Universe! Start with another poker game with all his buddies from the Bar With No Name and go from there.
    OMG! I never get tired of those "Superhero Poker Games"!! Hope they'll be more (LOL):

I post this in another thread, it looks like the team book will not be at Marvel, sadly.

I'm happy for her though, I hope she has a lot of success wherever she goes.

Screenshot_2023-03-21-21-19-42-121-edit_com.twitter.android.jpg

X-treme x-men 4 is a good read. Very Claremont in so many ways.

Rogue gets to join the action and we get callbacks to the recent Gambit mini. Overall Claremont is writing such a strong Remy over these mini’s that I am just to shocked to fully appreciate it. Couple it with KT’s CM run and it’s like I am being shaken awake from some slumber. The importance and respect towards X-men team members have fallen low over the years. This is how it was and frankly how it should be if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I post this in another thread, it looks like the team book will not be at Marvel, sadly.

I'm happy for her though, I hope she has a lot of success wherever she goes.

Screenshot_2023-03-21-21-19-42-121-edit_com.twitter.android.jpg
    ... Eisener-winning writer fresh off a historic 50 issue run and just had a sell out issue at #47 and they have nothing for her?!

I can only hope it's due her choice to walk away as an independent agent, not Marvel being this hopelessly dense ...

Wouldn't be the first time though. They really can't retain their best talent long term.

Anyway ... on another note ... if you all haven't tried out the House of X podcast with Regina and Dylan, I highly recommend. It's maybe the first X-Men podcast I've found that doesn't have a host that is either an active Gambit hater or vocally "Gambivalent". In fact Regina is a long time Rogue and Gambit fan. They're also pretty real on their feelings about the Krakoa era giving both praise and criticism where deserved. It's been a nice way to get a synopsis on all current books. They are very progressive, not that comicsgater hateful crap. But also independent of the other popular X-Podcasts that seem to run the show on X-Twitter and are frequently unfriendly to Gambit fans.

I still need to pick up this latest issue of X-Treme. Soon!

Have your strongest writer pen the silent It’s Jeff infinity comic. Nodding nodding nodding. Yup, that makes sense. CM sells out at issue #47, meanwhile we’re over in X-world relaunching everything at #1 every five months with WORLD CHANGING EVENTS to get people to buy. Cool. Coolcoolcool.

House of X is also a super nice Facebook group. Regina and Dylan keep it really engaging and fun. The last podcast episode where Dylan compares Bishop and his alter-universe ego to Steve Urkel/Stephan is the Family Matters/X-content I didn’t know I needed, but I laughed pretty damn hard.

Thanks for the podcast recommendation. I looked on my feed and noticed I’m actually already subscribed to them. Just haven’t been loan to many podcasts. But it’s good knowing I won’t be disappointed. If I can recommend a podcast l’ll throw Dawn of X in the ring. They cover the X-men comics and recently have been doing TAS rewatch in preparation for the upcoming series. Plus one of the cohost it a big Gambit fan, which is nice.

Sad and disappointing to hear about KT. Tbh I can’t wait for a shake up at marvel. Hopefully Gambit plays a role in the MCU and they can’t shelf him in the comics like I’m sure they would like. If the Echo series does happen they would have laid the groundwork for the assassins guild so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    X-treme x-men 4 is a good read. Very Claremont in so many ways.

Rogue gets to join the action and we get callbacks to the recent Gambit mini. Overall Claremont is writing such a strong Remy over these mini’s that I am just to shocked to fully appreciate it. Couple it with KT’s CM run and it’s like I am being shaken awake from some slumber. The importance and respect towards X-men team members have fallen low over the years. This is how it was and frankly how it should be if you ask me.
    Yeah the Gambit mini and this series is the best we have seen from Claremont in a minute. He has recaptured some of his magic that made him great including making sure every character gets a moment to shine albeit Bishop and Sage's story has been on the back burner a bit. But this version of Remy is by far the best he has been written in years.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

... Eisener-winning writer fresh off a historic 50 issue run and just had a sell out issue at #47 and they have nothing for her?!

I can only hope it's due her choice to walk away as an independent agent, not Marvel being this hopelessly dense ...

Wouldn't be the first time though. They really can't retain their best talent long term.
    This makes me think they ran her off to DC. (This forum apparently hates my clown face emoji, but just know it’s here in spirit.) Hoping the team book she’s been mentioning is her take on the Batfam. She’s mentioned that being a goal for quite awhile, and that office seems to be quite a bit better than the X-office about hiring outside of a tiny boys’ club. (Still. Marvel - more specifically, X-office - get your shit together.)

IMG_20230323_161051.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1833071217827555.jpg

Rogue & Gambit v2 #4 solicit

Title and description seem vaguely more positive.

We shall we see!

IMG_20230323_161051.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1833071217827555.jpg

Rogue & Gambit v2 #4 solicit

Title and description seem vaguely more positive.

We shall we see!
    I love the cover at least! Fantastic!

at least we have nice covers

Geeez these covers! Everything is going to be ok! Covers never lie!

Why do I keep letting them take my money.

(Those covers and variants. That’s why.)

Hey fellow Rogue and Gambit fans, the interest survey is up for a Rogue and Gambit FanZine

Check out the Twitter link here:
    https://twitter.com/RogueGambitZine/...2jFg5_A0g&s=19

Or the Tumblr link here:
    https://www.tumblr.com/rogue-gambit-...gambit-fanzine

Please spread the word out among your fandom network!

We're looking for interested fan artists and writers as well as those who'd like to get a copy.